Octavia SE 1.6 MPI 25% off

Hi guys, any updates on these 1.6mpi deal cars, thinking of getting one... but a bit worried about the engines issues mentioned here.. will update after i test drive it and decide but any help appreciated,

thx

J

i'm STILL waiting to take delivery of mine, getting a bit annoyed now. i was told it would be here by the end of the month so they've still got a week or so but i'm not hopeful, when i originally ordered it in mid march and had a car allocated which was being built in week 12 i was hoping to have it in time for a trip i'm doing this weekend, no such luck it seems. i know it was finally built in week 14 and we're coming to end of week 16 now, so delivery fingers crossed is somewhere close

my big issue was that the insurance on my renault ran out on 18th April and i didnt want to have to re-insure it.... oh no problem says msb skoda, trade it in on the 18th and we'll give you a courtesy car til your car arrives..... great i thought, problem solved! ..... except when it came to it they didnt bother sourcing me a loan car and what they've actually done is taken my renault as trade in and then 'hired' it back to me, so i'm still driving my old car but on their insurance, and they've got the log book.... all feels a bit strange really, and the benefit of not re-insuring my renault will be lost if anything happens in the next couple of weeks cos theres a big old excess to pay if anything happens whilst i'm on their insurance

hopefully it won't be much longer....................

Just saw that u have ordered Aqua Blue colour. Nice colour. The engine is a bit noisy first thing in the morning but doesn't feel short on power.

if i'm honest i wouldn't have chosen the aqua blue, it just happened to be the colour of the car they had available... even though it hadnt been built yet.... anyway i can live with it, its not a bad colour but i would have preferred the slightly darker blue of the one we saw in the show room which i think is called satin grey although it looked pretty blue to me :rofl:

Hi guys, any updates on these 1.6mpi deal cars, thinking of getting one... but a bit worried about the engines issues mentioned here.. will update after i test drive it and decide but any help appreciated,

thx

The engine is great. Better than I expected. Have been running-in the car for the past 1 week. Have done 450 miles on a variety of roads. Doesn't feel short on power at all. Is quite a rev happy engine. Doing between 3000-4000 rpm after it warms up. Feels like it's got lots more in reserve. I could easily push it to the 6000 rpm red line but sticking to around 4000 at least for the first 1000 miles. Engine is a peach, don't worry about it. It's giving me more than 35 mpg on these runs, which I'm happy with. I wouldn't recommend the engine for BTCC, mind you. Sounds good too. Go for it. (A friend of mine hired a BMW recently and when he checked out my Skoda, he said that the interior was better than the Beemer).

i'm STILL waiting to take delivery of mine, getting a bit annoyed now. i was told it would be here by the end of the month so they've still got a week or so but i'm not hopeful, when i originally ordered it in mid march and had a car allocated which was being built in week 12 i was hoping to have it in time for a trip i'm doing this weekend, no such luck it seems. i know it was finally built in week 14 and we're coming to end of week 16 now, so delivery fingers crossed is somewhere close

my big issue was that the insurance on my renault ran out on 18th April and i didnt want to have to re-insure it.... oh no problem says msb skoda, trade it in on the 18th and we'll give you a courtesy car til your car arrives..... great i thought, problem solved! ..... except when it came to it they didnt bother sourcing me a loan car and what they've actually done is taken my renault as trade in and then 'hired' it back to me, so i'm still driving my old car but on their insurance, and they've got the log book.... all feels a bit strange really, and the benefit of not re-insuring my renault will be lost if anything happens in the next couple of weeks cos theres a big old excess to pay if anything happens whilst i'm on their insurance

hopefully it won't be much longer....................

When I ordered mine they said I would get it by the end of March. I rang them on 24th March asking if they had a delivery date but they said hadn't heard anything. However they called me back the next day (25th) and said they would get it the next week and I could pick up on 31st so you might still get it by the end of this month. I understand how you feel cos I hate waiting for anything once I've placed an order. Good luck.

I collected my 1.6mpi yesterday from the dealer. It was one they had in stock when I called in last weekend and was in the colour I wanted (candy white) so I bought it on the spot.

I had a drive in the 1.4TSi and TBH If there wasnt such a long waiting list for a new one I would have gone for that as it just felt that bit nippier and responsive. They had a few 10 plate 1.4's in stock but they were more or less the same price as the new MPi and I've never had a new car before so went for new.

Only drove it home from the showroom so very little miles covered as yet, it seems a little slugish in 2nd gear at the moment and coming from a 2.0TDi L&K Im missing the torque and the 6th gear but I will get used to it.

Love that new car smell :) I'm well happy ATM.

2mycj5y.jpg

• Like 1

I also just recently collected a new White 1.6 mpi. Liking it, not liking the fact there's no spare wheel, only some gunk and a compressor ! Anybody recommend somewhere to get a spare steel wheel?

My dealer (Alex Laurie Skoda, L'Pool) told me about there not being a spare wheel and I told him that I'd like to have one fitted. They charged me 125 quid for a spare wheel and Jack and it was fitted before I got delivery. I think it was not a factory fit but fitted by the dealer. Full sized spare wheel (not alloy). Ur dealer might be able to fit it for u..... Hope it helps.

I collected my 1.6mpi yesterday from the dealer. It was one they had in stock when I called in last weekend and was in the colour I wanted (candy white) so I bought it on the spot.

I had a drive in the 1.4TSi and TBH If there wasnt such a long waiting list for a new one I would have gone for that as it just felt that bit nippier and responsive. They had a few 10 plate 1.4's in stock but they were more or less the same price as the new MPi and I've never had a new car before so went for new.

Only drove it home from the showroom so very little miles covered as yet, it seems a little slugish in 2nd gear at the moment and coming from a 2.0TDi L&K Im missing the torque and the 6th gear but I will get used to it.

Love that new car smell :) I'm well happy ATM.

2mycj5y.jpg

Nice car. I collected one in Black colour last week. Miss the fog lights. Might get a pair soon.

Nice car. I collected one in Black colour last week. Miss the fog lights. Might get a pair soon.

I miss the fogs too, rang a dealer up and he said it could be up to £4k to retrofit lol. I was thinking if its too costly to have them fitted and wired up, I might look into fitting them as duds? I know they would need replacing with the blanks come mot time.

Also pleased when I looked in my boot to find a lovely spare wheel and jack etc, wasnt expecting that :)

• Like 1

I miss the fogs too, rang a dealer up and he said it could be up to £4k to retrofit lol. I was thinking if its too costly to have them fitted and wired up, I might look into fitting them as duds? I know they would need replacing with the blanks come mot time.

Also pleased when I looked in my boot to find a lovely spare wheel and jack etc, wasnt expecting that :)

U might be able to upgrade to a 12 plate Octavia for 4 Grand next year !!! I was thinking the same thing (about duds). I didn't know that they have to be replaced with blanks at MOT time...... Still, can enjoy them for 3 years..... Hopefully will be able to upgrade the car before MOT starts. Keep me posted if u do decide to go with duds. Cost etc. Enjoy ur new car......

Went for the 1.4msi in the end.. was around same price with 10k on clock.. felt good on test drive, picking it up next thur...

tsi you mean?

I also just recently collected a new White 1.6 mpi. Liking it, not liking the fact there's no spare wheel, only some gunk and a compressor ! Anybody recommend somewhere to get a spare steel wheel?

i'm getting a full size spare wheel with mine, cost an extra £75 if i recall correctly

I didn't know that they have to be replaced with blanks at MOT time.

My 11 year old Peugeot has front fogs, I've taken it to the same garage for it's MOT since its third birthday and I'm always asked to sit in the car and operate the lights whilst the tester checks them.

I'm always asked to switch on the rear fogs but never the fronts. Are front fogs part of the MOT test?

My 11 year old Peugeot has front fogs, I've taken it to the same garage for it's MOT since its third birthday and I'm always asked to sit in the car and operate the lights whilst the tester checks them.

I'm always asked to switch on the rear fogs but never the fronts. Are front fogs part of the MOT test?

I wouldn't have thought they would be as they aren't a requirement for driving on UK roads. Take for example the new Fabia VRS. Looks like it has fogs but doesn't ;) Putting in Fog lenses would be a similar situation.

Just phoned up to activate my 7 days insurance, gave the bloke the exact model name but it took ages for him to find it in the list...... 'are you sure its not a diesel?' was probably my favourite comment lol. Got there in the end anyway

They also quoted me for my annual insurance whilst I was on - came back about 300 quid higher than quotes I've had elsewhere so after these 7 days I'll be steering well clear of skoda insurance!

I drove a 1.6mpi today and was impressed. I'm thinking of getting an estate version in graphite grey so that it can be used for work and then keep the Monte for 'playtime' :rofl:

Finance deal wasn't too bad either, 10% down and 2.25% for three years. Worked out at about £750 interest to pay in total over the three year period.

Guess it's pretty much a no-brainer really :|