Octavia SE 1.6 MPI 25% off

I had the mayo issue as well - wiped it off and it hasn't really come back. Think it was lots of short runs in the cold weather. Have had a few longer runs lately which helps.

Economy after almost 8k miles is anywhere between 28 and 35 round town (getting stuck in traffic sees it fall dramatically!) and between 42 and 45 on longer runs depending on load.

Given the price these were sold at I think the current dealer asking prices are a bit cheaky.

I emailed 6 dealers about a possible swap for a 1.2 TSi - 3 bothered to reply and were quite helpful. Couldn't take a £2.5k depreciation hit after just 8 months though! Loved the discount when I bought it, but it appears to have affected residuals.

I had the mayo issue as well - wiped it off and it hasn't really come back. Think it was lots of short runs in the cold weather. Have had a few longer runs lately which helps.

Economy after almost 8k miles is anywhere between 28 and 35 round town (getting stuck in traffic sees it fall dramatically!) and between 42 and 45 on longer runs depending on load.

I emailed 6 dealers about a possible swap for a 1.2 TSi - 3 bothered to reply and were quite helpful. Couldn't take a £2.5k depreciation hit after just 8 months though! Loved the discount when I bought it, but it appears to have affected residuals.

I get about the same mileage as well. Great car apart from the mayo. Think I will speak to the dealer about it.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

well my 1.6mpi is now a year and 11,500 miles old.

still enjoying it, but i'll be looking with something with more grunt and much better economy when i come to change it in another two years.

didn't enjoy paying £195 for a tax disc the other day either.

still, its a nice car and it was a cracking deal when i bought it.

I didn't get around to get the fogs fitted. Only wanted duds (to improve the looks)

Just for your information; I´ve just retrofitted foglights to my MPI. You will also need a new BCM, since the original one does´nt support fog lights. You will also need to run an extra wire from the light switch to the BCM, and retrofit the interior light dimmer switch, if your car does´nt have that original. Contact me for further details; it´s a fairly easy job (after having spend loads of hours figuring out where to connect what :I )

well my 1.6mpi is now a year and 11,500 miles old.

still enjoying it, but i'll be looking with something with more grunt and much better economy when i come to change it in another two years.

didn't enjoy paying £195 for a tax disc the other day either.

still, its a nice car and it was a cracking deal when i bought it.

Ok it could be better on fuel and be slighly cheaper to tax, but it won't need a new DMF, turbo, DPF........

• 8 months later...

I only do a about twenty miles a day and average high thirties but my driving is a mix of town and motorways. I thought your driving was short journeys in traffic if your doing 110 miles a day that's a different story. I would expect better than 33 mpg !