its here. delivery mileage

maestro

its here ! well its at the dealer collect next week ordered first week of dec arrived 14 march its a Yeti Greenline Elegance 1.6tdi in red

with tow bar. it seams a long time coming,but i think i have been very lucky!

i wondered what was the average delivery mileage on yeti picked up new from dealer ie does it have a road test for pdi? any thorts!

in a fiat garage i worked in as a trainee of 18, if any errands had to be done the mechanics would test drive the just fixed cars after removing the speedo cable from the back of the clocks, im talking over 20 years ago here folks

There was around 7 miles on my Superb when i collected it, but, i was told when i collected my Wife's Corsa SXi in 2006, that upto 500 miles, was considered delivery! - i had a bit of an argument with the dealer over this, as the car i collected had 90 miles on it. It was not factory, but was stocked at a dealer in Leeds, strangely, this is around 85 miles away from the delivering dealer... driven from Leeds? yes, i think so!

Al.

Ah on the 24th of November (delivery day) Monster had 8,2 miles on the clock:

imgp3755u.jpg

And now he has over 5000 on the clock.

My last three holiday hire cars all had less than 10km on the clock when I collected them, that was impressive! I think under 100 miles is acceptable, above that is being a bit naughty. My Yeti is a lease car and that had the mileage from Birmingham to Newcastle on it as they offered the best lease price. I accept however that I am not precious about the mileage as it is not mine and I don't have to sell it on.

its here ! well its at the dealer collect next week ordered first week of dec arrived 14 march its a Yeti Greenline Elegance 1.6tdi in red

with tow bar. it seams a long time coming,but i think i have been very lucky!

i wondered what was the average delivery mileage on yeti picked up new from dealer ie does it have a road test for pdi? any thorts!

Hi maestro,

Very interested to see that you have got a towbar fitted to your greenline. I was like yourself and had ordered a greenline and was going to have a towbar fitted to it, but cancelled the car because when I asked if I could get a spare wheel for It I was told no because the extra weight of the spare wheel in the boot would upset the fuel comsumption and omissions. But it would be okay to fit a towbar, as the towbar was detachable. I highlighted to skoda cc the the tow ball was only detachable and not the full towbar, so I asked the question again, why cant I have a spare wheel. the answer the extra weight will upset the fuel/omissions.

I hope you enjoy your new greenline, I would be interest to hear how it tows

Hi maestro,

Very interested to see that you have got a towbar fitted to your greenline. I was like yourself and had ordered a greenline and was going to have a towbar fitted to it, but cancelled the car because when I asked if I could get a spare wheel for It I was told no because the extra weight of the spare wheel in the boot would upset the fuel comsumption and omissions. But it would be okay to fit a towbar, as the towbar was detachable. I highlighted to skoda cc the the tow ball was only detachable and not the full towbar, so I asked the question again, why cant I have a spare wheel. the answer the extra weight will upset the fuel/omissions.

I hope you enjoy your new greenline, I would be interest to hear how it tows

I know of people on here that ordered cars that are not supposed to have spare wheels and just had them dealer fitted for roughly the same price. So ask your dealer if he can do you a deal: get a car sans spare from factory and dealer fit the spare later. Job done. :rofl:

I know of people on here that ordered cars that are not supposed to have spare wheels and just had them dealer fitted for roughly the same price. So ask your dealer if he can do you a deal: get a car sans spare from factory and dealer fit the spare later. Job done. :rofl:

Hi

Spoke to the parts department at the dealership, and was told that you dont just get the spare wheel, you also get the tools/ jack plus a foam insert and the new cover that sits ontop of the wheel. Total £230.00p.. Sorry dont think so, when you can buy the spare wheel kit for £85.00p if you add it to the order. But my main concern is if the weight of a spare wheel is going to upset the omissions and fuel figures that much, what is a towbar going to do.

But my main concern is if the weight of a spare wheel is going to upset the omissions and fuel figures that much, what is a towbar going to do.

It doesn't matter what the emission levels are after the car is registered. The only reason they (and other manufacturers) are producing a "green" light weight car is so that the ratio of CO to homologated weight is below a certain level. This then gives a lower VED figure in the UK and counts towards the Company figures for their targetted CO reduction quota.

Cynical........never! :giggle:

To be honest adding the weight of the spare and the tow bar is not going to make an appreciable difference to your Yeti's fuel figures.

The number and individual weights of any passengers, the amount of shopping you put in the boot, how you drive are all factors that could effect fuel consumption. Even the weather. So fitting a spare wheel isn't going to make a great deal of difference. I say get it fitted.

Its not your particular car that will noticebaly increase the emissions, it is the average for that model/engine spec. This is what the tax is based on for both car tax discs and company car tax. If a significant number of purchasers opt for the spare then the model as a whole will go into the higher tax bracket. Don't blame skoda, it is the stupid tax system, and in other countries I bet the spare is no problem. It was the same with cars with optional sunroofs, they could not also have a spare for the same reason. In some countries towbars are fitted in the factory, in the uk only aftermarket so they don't count against the average Co2 for the model.

You can chip your car to 500bhp, add a built in washing machine and a 10cm thick lead protective under body protection layer and the government will still only tax it on what it is "supposed" to be. So add the towbar, spare and whatever you fancy at will. They will never check or send you a tax bill three years down the line so fret not. So buy a TDI 110, chip it to 200bhp and only pay 110 TDI tax for the life of the car. Result.