Just Fitted Decat And got problems?

Right guys I just fitted decat and new centre section,I left the vrs back box on for now,I noticed when car got warm it started to smoke :'( Now it is like a white smoke and slight blue (no oil) and it stinks. I take it the cause is there is no cat,BUT it smells really ritch.I have checked for codes there is none I cleaned all the sensors out have checked the connections there all okay,Now I have decat and big intercooler and it is going for mapping at R tech on Wed. but I am really curious to what is causing it as there was nothing wrong with it before I did cat so it is defo sometheng to do with the lambda and o2 sensors..do I need to have these mapped out? any advice would be appreciated :thumbup:

Have you taken it for a run? New exhausts do stink the first time they get hot, burning off whatever residues they have on/within them.

Well I drove home from exhaustr place on motorway for 18 miles and was still doing it...It is okay till the car gets warm...The decat is not new it came from 1 of the lads on here.the centre section is new..

Im going to go with the residue, It will be there for a while untill its fully burned off.

Does it still pull ok?

Hell ya pulls like a train boost is all okay.It defo ain't turbo cause there is no oil...it is fuel very rich...Can I have sensors mapped out when they do it on wed.

Hell ya pulls like a train boost is all okay.It defo ain't turbo cause there is no oil...it is fuel very rich...Can I have sensors mapped out when they do it on wed.

Depends who's doing the map. Shark performance are mapping my rear o2 sensor out when i fit my de cat next week hopefully.

Just out of curiosity, did you have an engine warning light come on the dash?

Depends who's doing the map. Shark performance are mapping my rear o2 sensor out when i fit my de cat next week hopefully.

Just out of curiosity, did you have an engine warning light come on the dash?

Like I said in post,No lights and no codes at all R tech is mapping mine.

Like I said in post,No lights and no codes at all R tech is mapping mine.

I was being lazy and skip reading lol...

Give them a bell and ask them if they can work around the de-cat :thumbup:

That'll be the the likes of the exhaust paste burning off and anything else that's left within the exhaust from both the ew and old sections..

I loved it when I de-catted my Focus RS but come MOT time it was just a nuisance!

That'll be the the likes of the exhaust paste burning off and anything else that's left within the exhaust from both the ew and old sections..

I loved it when I de-catted my Focus RS but come MOT time it was just a nuisance!

Ya I do luv it come MOT time cause I do mine myself lol :giggle:

Guest westallc

didnt think you could mot your own car???

r-tech nick will see you right best tuner around imo

is he mapping your monster track car???

p.s you got any pics of this gearbox and engine yet???

Yes he will be mapping other car if this one turns out ok.... as for pics I answered you in almost every post you left on other threads..Your stalking me????? :rofl::rofl:

off main topic a bit,

1st :- is there generalyl problems if you de cat these VRS octavia mk1s and dont map it...

2nd ;- how much r-tech charging and where are they based

As for price will find out on the day cause it never works out to be what it should be....As for decat not sure that is why I have posted this I have been told from R tech it will run a bit ritcher but will be okay.

Pics of the gear box ??? It just looks like a normal one But the sound is awsome luv the wining in the gears.Sounds like a rally car...ya can't beat it.

Update I have had a mate come over it is over fueling but also has a hint of blue smoke witch is oil but never had this at all before decat??? Also looked at cat pipe that we changed and there is NO oil residue in it at all just carboned up a bit..Really don't get it.I have had many track cars and this is the only on ethat has done this,just by putting cat on :'( The turbo is boosting good no probs holds presure all the way through,Not useing any oil or water....mmmmmmmm :think:

Guest westallc

Yes he will be mapping other car if this one turns out ok.... as for pics I answered you in almost every post you left on other threads..Your stalking me????? :rofl::rofl:

yes i am lol

nick will see you good he really is one of the best in the country on the 1.8t platform

between him and vince at stealth there really is no others in the same league imo

I would be very suspicous that the garage that fitted it over packed the turbo/downpipe with sealant and that may have dripped down the downpipe and coated one or both the O2 sensors. Thus killed them :'(

I know you mentioned you did not replace gasket so perhaps they were over doing the sealant.

Sounds like car can't work out the fueling mixture

I would expect a cell to come on but may not. Best bet as just discussed with you is replace back to std Cat and see if it runs ok.

Removing the cat and replacing with a decat should not effect anything. Something the garage has done has caused this. :doh:

oil in the decat? it was second hand.

Would have to ask bowders that question as I bought it off him...

oil in the decat? it was second hand.

No oil in decat.

Matt bought it off me and it is as good as new, and running fine on my car when i sold it.

What is up with Matts car is nothing to do with exhaust itself, and is more likely to do with who fitted it and damaged the O2 probes. But we are all guessing till it gets checked when Matt takes it to R Tech.,

i am going to decaat my vrs but i was just going to get a resistor over the second lambda prob to full the ecu into thinking that the can is still there and functioning

Not needed, the ecu works fine with the probes still there. :thumbup:

No oil in decat.

Matt bought it off me and it is as good as new, and running fine on my car when i sold it.

What is up with Matts car is nothing to do with exhaust itself, and is more likely to do with who fitted it and damaged the O2 probes. But we are all guessing till it gets checked when Matt takes it to R Tech.,

Not needed, the ecu works fine with the probes still there. :thumbup:

that saves me alot of work on having to work out what size of resistor i need

Update

I have now removed both sensors and the car runs fine no smoke at all throws up 3 codes p030 p036 p0141 witch are all to do with them being disconnected,Now when I plug them back in it starts to smoke within 1 min...So now my car is booked in for mapping on Wed as I said should I replace them or should I just cut wires leave them in and map them out????

Is the any difference to keeping them or mapping them out???? Want to thank Mark (Bowders1) for letting me chew his ear of for a hour last night..Cheers mate and look forward to meeting ya on the 9th....I am sure we will have lots to talk about :rofl::rofl: