Photography Thread

Tas

I've never seen anything like them. They come flying down to the turn buoy and then sort of opp lock the death capsule and understeer past like a manic hovercraft on amphetamines.  oh and the noise is insane...in a good way :) i wish I could have got closer but the rotters kept us at more than arms length (or 300mm reach) from the action

On 16/10/2017 at 17:52, Lady Elanore said:

Do you mean one of these things?!!!!!!!!

Yep, the very same. Truly terrifying to the uninitiated (me). I was very happy to get back on dry land, ever more grateful that I was in one piece.

G

13 hours ago, V6TDI said:

Yep, the very same. Truly terrifying to the uninitiated (me). I was very happy to get back on dry land, ever more grateful that I was in one piece.

G

You must be nuts!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Perhaps 20 years ago I might have thought it looked fun, but I've seen a lot of documentaries with high speed boat accidents since then. I don't know how the guy managed to squeeze into the small craft, assuming his 'hairy love fruits' are a big as I assume!

• Like 1

We'd seen this a few years ago when we visited Pitlochery and really enjoyed it along with the few drams of Edradour we'd had too.

Further up along the river coming down from Soldiers Leap there is some real nice scenes especially in Autumn when the leaves have changed colour. I have a picture on my office wall that I took at the time from the foot bridge looking down and along the river towards Pitlochery, the little bit of mist rising off the water it makes it look unreal and most people who've seen it think it's been photoshopped.

1 hour ago, CWARD said:

We'd seen this a few years ago when we visited Pitlochery and really enjoyed it along with the few drams of Edradour we'd had too.

Further up along the river coming down from Soldiers Leap there is some real nice scenes especially in Autumn when the leaves have changed colour. I have a picture on my office wall that I took at the time from the foot bridge looking down and along the river towards Pitlochery, the little bit of mist rising off the water it makes it look unreal and most people who've seen it think it's been photoshopped.

yeah the whole Pitlochry area is prety spectacular, you can see why it was pretty much purpose built there for tourism after Queen Victoria popularised it

• Like 1

1 minute ago, CWARD said:

To be honest most of Scotland is and slightly envious I have to make a long trip to enjoy it.

England is lovely too - takes ages to get there though :)

• Like 1

On ‎20‎/‎10‎/‎2017 at 19:35, Headinawayoffski said:

Late Afternoon in Autumn on one of Scotland's best driving roads heading South. The B9007

DSCN3284.JPG

etc..

That's one of my local roads....done that in winter in the Fabia before the gritters were anywhere near it & the gates hadn't been closed...

That's Lochindorb in the back right...has a ruined castle in the middle which was owned by the Wolf of Badenoch...who was a cousin ? of the king & basically got away with rape/pillage/rustling etc...He married Euphemia Countess of Ross & she complained to the Bishop of Elgin Cathedral about the mistreatment she suffered at his hands. The Bishop send an emissary to tell him to stop it & he was killed, the Wolf then set out to Elgin & raised the Cathedral to the ground....along with various villages etc...

He apparently was seen to be playing chess or cards with a dark shadowy figure at Ruthven Barracks? new Newtonmore  which is where the film called "the seventh seal" got the idea from..

• Like 1

IMAG0913_1.thumb.jpg.9a021a39d86b140ae96b1265940d5496.jpg

Careys castle area with my boy about 2weeks ago. HTC Desire 530 with a default filter. Surprised by how good it looks! Happiest 2.75yr old in the world running in the trees!

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...