Photography Thread

Tas

Some great shots on here, a couple of mine, the new and the old. Also a few other shots from where I live and things I like.

5584837419_8e2dca0a57_z.jpg

5584885885_e2f712b6f7_z.jpg

Liverpool

5199483508_b35540a53e_b.jpg

Big Cat

5404877069_925e52804d_b.jpg

Advertising

5343577811_a767146a85_b.jpg

Jamie

Not strictly a photo for this thread, but it is at least a photo. I have a question however. This is a fairly big crop of a bee i encountered while taking some shots at Alnwick gardens recently and I noticed a funny red lump on it. Any naturalists know what it is? Sorry it's a tad soft but it won't really sharpen anymore without looking decidedly odd.

36681d75.jpg

Not strictly a photo for this thread, but it is at least a photo. I have a question however. This is a fairly big crop of a bee i encountered while taking some shots at Alnwick gardens recently and I noticed a funny red lump on it. Any naturalists know what it is? Sorry it's a tad soft but it won't really sharpen anymore without looking decidedly odd.

I'd guess it's just the pollen pocket, although of unusual size and colour. Compare with bee%2Bwith%2Bpolen%2Bpockets.jpg

If you want to delve deeper, try http://www.beedata.com/nbb/pollen_colour_guide.htm :)

P.S. don't know if Sweden in general is cleaner than England - but an island that's a nature reserve, with no permanent residents and just half a dozen weekend houses can be expected to be clean. You can rent an apartment in the old lighthouse keepers' houses for a week - recommended! :thumbup:

I'd guess it's just the pollen pocket, although of unusual size and colour. Compare with bee%2Bwith%2Bpolen%2Bpockets.jpg

If you want to delve deeper, try http://www.beedata.c...olour_guide.htm :)

P.S. don't know if Sweden in general is cleaner than England - but an island that's a nature reserve, with no permanent residents and just half a dozen weekend houses can be expected to be clean. You can rent an apartment in the old lighthouse keepers' houses for a week - recommended! :thumbup:

Thank you :) I assumed Bees carried their pollen on their furry bits, mainly on their legs.

Heres a video showing it

(can't use linky, as there seems to be a bit of a bug at the mo )

Edited by Lady Elanore

A few from me.

Spreading wings. Unfortunately, the light was coming from the back so can't get much more contrast out of it due to flare :(

i-jSrqCPg-L.jpg

Psycho-swan (a crop reveals he's really looking at me nasty!)

i-hfw2mbV-L.jpg

Elegant swan

i-rTrcpRs-L.jpg

@ john999boy: That's nice, I´m fond of Black Guillemots - saw quite a few during my island expedition but not close enough to get a pic. Captured somewhere north of the border I guess?

@Xavier: IMHO the backlight through the wings (in pic #1) makes it even better :yes:

@ john999boy: That's nice, I´m fond of Black Guillemots - saw quite a few during my island expedition but not close enough to get a pic. Captured somewhere north of the border I guess?

I was fortunate that the birds were nesting on this so getting close was easier than it should have been!

Here's a few more twitcher pics. :giggle:

Falcon.jpg

Falcon2.jpg

BarnOwl.jpg

Pheasant.jpg

GreyHeronFishing.jpg

GreatSpottedWoodpecker.jpg

FinchesandTits.jpg

BrentGeese.jpg

Jamie, did you take that Schweppes picture? It's superb :thumbup: [/color]

I did take the Schweppes picture and it is easier than you think, we have meets from our own forum to show and tell others how to improve their photography, we have been as far a field as the highlands and as far south as Brands hatch for truck racing and most thing in between.

Not sure if I can mention another forum on here, might be bad etiquette?

Thanks for your comments.

Jamie

Woah, Range Rovers can go off road?! And here I was thinking that ride height was so they could get over the speed bumps outside schools to drop the kids off quicker! :D

Probably 2% of the people that buy them use the ability. But if you've got one you may as well use it. :D

Anyway, it's not REALLY offroad. This is:

top901.jpg

My Defender I owned about 4 years ago up a Welsh mountain. (on private land)

A 90 doing it's thing, excellent. I had one of these about 10 years ago and it too would get muddy on a regular basis, as they say the sign of a sick mind is a clean Land Rover..

Not a impressive shot but quite cool, was working next to my house on there telephone line so had to climb the pole outside my house. So took a quick pic of the fab from above.

b4498b15.jpg

Here are some from the 2005 Sunderland Airshow.

dscf0147n.jpg

It is actually one of my favourite pics I've ever taken. This next one isn't bad either.

dscf0138r.jpg

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Both are straight from the camera (not cropped or manipulated). They were taken by myself, using our first Digital Camera, a Fuji MX-1700 Zoom with a massive 1.5 Mega-pixels!

• 2 weeks later...

Not up to everyone elses level....

cf98162a.jpg

The arrow ends in the 10 ring, (middle of the target)

3c67070d.jpg

Kitty had a little bit of something stuck.....

435be657-1.jpg