Fabia refurb underway, project 1.8T

Tech1e

wow the money some people must spend for minor asethetic changes!!!

so is your MPI modded under the hood in anyway?

am i right in thinking that the 1.4mpi 8v is very similar to the 1.3's in the felicia??

and if they are how similar are they? do the heads fit onto each other

i mean acid dipping ur wheels to change the colour purple bit to green isn't cheap and it is a minor change. i dread to think of the money being spent when instead a 1.4 16v engine with more power and just the same fuel economy could be dropped in for a few hundred pounds and might give the car enough go to make use of your lovely wide wheels and aftermarket suspension in a corner.

this is no personal rant at yourself and your car, i think it's more me getting frustrated that the VW dub scene is coming over to skoda.....

we all have passion for cars clearly, but in very different ways.... i don't think i've ever spent more than 30seconds admiring the aesthetic value of a VAG group car but i've enjoy hundreds of hours driving them.

i really meant no offence, i happen to think your fabia looks nice

I'm having another set of wheels left over from another project refurbished, I pay £150 for them to be done.

As for painting the interior bits, so far £20 on some aerosol paint off eBay.

As for the rest of it, all fitted by myself for the previous owner before they gave me the car.

Engine wise I'm thinking a lot bigger than a 16v one day, but for now the car is perfect for what I need once the purple bits are changed :)

• 2 weeks later...

I like those wheels! Assume they were done green first and then black on the face on top after? Kind of reminds me of a spiderman thing that combo. :D

Hell yeah, imagine them in red and blue lol

Yes painted green then hours and hours of careful masking. Has to be that way at the green won't go over the black.

a5fcfd4b.jpg

Also it was a bit mucky under the arches so gave em a clean

c899f550.jpg

17f5d470.jpg

Ready for Early Edition tomorrow.

I didn't, it doesn't have letters on there anyway, has symbols. I got a 4mm vinyl letter set off eBay and stuck them on before lacquer went on. Did the same on the heater controls.

d350c426.jpg

Also been painting the front grill and badge for missp's Arosa so keeping busy on my week off..lol

be3bb8ca.jpg

17de02d8.jpg

Makes sense when you see the wheels I did, brighten up Malvern we do :)

0cdbb531.jpg

Top work Ross

Malvern is indeed a brighter place thanks to your cars!

The green and black thing is what i was planning to do with a set of spiders except the green would have been brake caliper hammerite smooth green and i'd have been applying it with a brush! PIKEY FTW! :giggle:

I guess i'll have to go red instead ;)