Fabia Monte Carlo

Went in to my local dealership today to have a look at a Fabia "monte carlo" they have a red one in (customer order) and i must say the pictures dont do it justice , looks really smart with all the piano black trim / wheels / roof ect very nice looking motor B) was suprised that its available in 6 x colours too

Just a bit pricey £15k for a 1.6 tdi c/r 105ps dpf , anyone on here got one yet ?

Got one ordered, red with heated seats, cruise, climate, sat nav, front armrest, Bluetooth and the 105hp diesel all for £13,355

If you ask me it's a blooming bargain. Looked at most if the sporty diesels and nothing comes close for the value. The rest of the vag cars with the same engine are either dull (polo) or very expensive (a1) and other Marquez just don't have the looks of the monte Carlo.

• Like 1

I bumped into an old friend of mine at the dealers the other day. He was taking their Monte Carlo 1.2 TSI 105bhp for a test run. Needless to say, a couple of hours later the deal was done and he collects it this week.

I agree that with the diesel £15k sounds a lot, but then it's well worth going for the petrol... the vat saving would make a big difference to the benefit of owning the diesel :)

It did look mighty fine in the red with the black roof, wheels, etc B)

Ah, I see... I thought it was only petrol across the whole range, but I see it also applies to diesel Fabia's and Roomster's B)

just been to my dealer and seen a silver black roof and black wheels monte fist one ive seen looks better than the vrs

i think no news of my roomey yet now date

I bumped into an old friend of mine at the dealers the other day. He was taking their Monte Carlo 1.2 TSI 105bhp for a test run. Needless to say, a couple of hours later the deal was done and he collects it this week.

I agree that with the diesel £15k sounds a lot, but then it's well worth going for the petrol... the vat saving would make a big difference to the benefit of owning the diesel :)

It did look mighty fine in the red with the black roof, wheels, etc B)

Hiya D,

Yes, the offer is on both petrol and diesel models. Was told it would be 3 month minimum wait for a diesel but If I was unsure about the petrol version, it wouldn't be a problem to order a diesel now while the VAT offer is still on and be under no obligation to buy it when it arrives. Should I decide to have the diesel they were willing to give me a guaranteed value on the tsi which was very reasonable.

I was happy to try a 105tsi fabia of any kind to try out but they were more than happy to get the monte out of the showroom to take away for a couple of hours with no restriction on mileage mentioned. Must add that this would be my 3rd purchase from them in as many years and so I think they were fairly confident in the sale. I was concerned that the tsi wasn't going to be torquey enough having previously owned a fabia 1.9tdi sport before moving to a current BMW 320d M-Sport. There is no way that the tsi pulls like the beemer but the monte does feel fairly punchy and sounds quite rorty straight from the box!

Got one ordered, red with heated seats, cruise, climate, sat nav, front armrest, Bluetooth and the 105hp diesel all for £13,355

If you ask me it's a blooming bargain. Looked at most if the sporty diesels and nothing comes close for the value. The rest of the vag cars with the same engine are either dull (polo) or very expensive (a1) and other Marquez just don't have the looks of the monte Carlo.

Its not a bad price but I just got a VRS on order for 14k on the nose!

I'm amused the number of people on here who keep saying the Monte Carlo looks better than the vRS. I have to concede that I quite like the way the Monte looks in black but its a bit OTT in my opinion, particularly in some of the other colours. You also really cannot compare the two cars.

The monte carlo is effectively a normal Fabia with a "bolt-on" body kit, black grille, lights, wheels, sports seats and suspension. It's certainly a good interim model for someone who wants a Sport but cant wait for Skoda to get their act togetherand is the perfect car for a youngster with a bit of money who wants a sporty looking car but cant justify heavy insurance and fuel costs (given that its available with the 1.2 HTP engine).

The vRS is a purpose built hot hatch and has it's own unique front and rear bumpers (which I happen to prefer, but appreciate not everyone will), roof spoiler and alloys. Inside again it has unique seats and trim. Mechanically is has heavily revised suspension, ESP and XDS, disc brakes all round and most importantly it chucks out 75ps more than the fastest Monte.

Ultimately the Monte (as good a car as I'm sure it is) is a bit of a sheep in wolves clothing; the vRS is the real deal and in my opinion looks the part. If you want a normal Fabia that looks quick then fair play the Monte meets that criteria, but i'd be a bit embarrased pulling up next to a vRS at the lights if I had one. Personally I'd rather just get a nice spec Elegance or wait for the official (bound to be less OTT) Sport model to arrive.

Inside again it has unique seats and trim. Mechanically is has heavily revised suspension.

Are the sports seats not the same, with just a cloth difference? And I thought it had the 'Sports suspension' kit which, as I have been told here and by a dealer, is the same as the VRS.

I ask this because I am after a 'standard' 1.2tsi 105 with both the sports seats and the sports suspension because I liked them on the VRS. I don't want the wheels - neither the standard Comets not the VRS style - because they are a hassle to clean. So I am after a straight swap with the Scout alloys. (I am hoping there is a dealer who is going to play ball on these custom specs)

I'm amused the number of people on here who keep saying the Monte Carlo looks better than the vRS. I have to concede that I quite like the way the Monte looks in black but its a bit OTT in my opinion, particularly in some of the other colours. You also really cannot compare the two cars.

The monte carlo is effectively a normal Fabia with a "bolt-on" body kit, black grille, lights, wheels, sports seats and suspension. It's certainly a good interim model for someone who wants a Sport but cant wait for Skoda to get their act togetherand is the perfect car for a youngster with a bit of money who wants a sporty looking car but cant justify heavy insurance and fuel costs (given that its available with the 1.2 HTP engine).

The vRS is a purpose built hot hatch and has it's own unique front and rear bumpers (which I happen to prefer, but appreciate not everyone will), roof spoiler and alloys. Inside again it has unique seats and trim. Mechanically is has heavily revised suspension, ESP and XDS, disc brakes all round and most importantly it chucks out 75ps more than the fastest Monte.

Ultimately the Monte (as good a car as I'm sure it is) is a bit of a sheep in wolves clothing; the vRS is the real deal and in my opinion looks the part. If you want a normal Fabia that looks quick then fair play the Monte meets that criteria, but i'd be a bit embarrased pulling up next to a vRS at the lights if I had one. Personally I'd rather just get a nice spec Elegance or wait for the official (bound to be less OTT) Sport model to arrive.

Couldn't agree more matey :)

Are the sports seats not the same, with just a cloth difference? And I thought it had the 'Sports suspension' kit which, as I have been told here and by a dealer, is the same as the VRS.

I ask this because I am after a 'standard' 1.2tsi 105 with both the sports seats and the sports suspension because I liked them on the VRS. I don't want the wheels - neither the standard Comets not the VRS style - because they are a hassle to clean. So I am after a straight swap with the Scout alloys. (I am hoping there is a dealer who is going to play ball on these custom specs)

I think the seats are pretty much the same, just with different cloth and no vRS logos obviously.

Suspension wise, I think it's more likely to be the same as the optional suspension on the Elegance. The vRS's setup I suspect is completely different as absolutely no way would a standard Fabia with sports suspension be able to handle nearly 180hp.

I'll think you'll struggle with your spec. Sports seats arent available on any Fabia as an optional extra, Sports suspension is only available on the Elegance which is nice but not exactly sporty. You could probably retro-fit some seats but it would be quite expensive to do so.

The vRS's setup I suspect is completely different as absolutely no way would a standard Fabia with sports suspension be able to handle nearly 180hp.

I thought the same as you, but I was going on what I have been told.

I'll think you'll struggle with your spec. Sports seats arent available on any Fabia as an optional extra.

The struggle will be from the dealer's side as I am in no hurry to change my car unless I get what I want! Some dealers may be interested - others not. I spoke to an established local dealer on Saturday and he was a bit snotty and didn't want to sell me anything that was not in the standard 'bubble pack'. But another one will get back to me with something.

Sports suspension is only available on the Elegance which is nice but not exactly sporty

It is available on all models except Greenline and Scout. The Elegance could become a bit sporty with a remap ;)

I think the seats are pretty much the same, just with different cloth and no vRS logos obviously.

Suspension wise, I think it's more likely to be the same as the optional suspension on the Elegance. The vRS's setup I suspect is completely different as absolutely no way would a standard Fabia with sports suspension be able to handle nearly 180hp.

The seats are identical to the vRS with different covers. The suspension will be the same as the vRS too, except you won't have the XDS differential, which is what helps the vRS tame 180bhp.

The seats are identical to the vRS with different covers. The suspension will be the same as the vRS too, except you won't have the XDS differential, which is what helps the vRS tame 180bhp.

So they don't simply mean a set of lowering springs when they say sports suspension? Surely it cant be the VRS setup... Uprated dampers, springs, thicker anti roll bars and different bushes?! :no:

XDS isn't actually a different diff though, it's just software.

Hiya D,

Yes, the offer is on both petrol and diesel models. Was told it would be 3 month minimum wait for a diesel but If I was unsure about the petrol version, it wouldn't be a problem to order a diesel now while the VAT offer is still on and be under no obligation to buy it when it arrives. Should I decide to have the diesel they were willing to give me a guaranteed value on the tsi which was very reasonable.

I was happy to try a 105tsi fabia of any kind to try out but they were more than happy to get the monte out of the showroom to take away for a couple of hours with no restriction on mileage mentioned. Must add that this would be my 3rd purchase from them in as many years and so I think they were fairly confident in the sale. I was concerned that the tsi wasn't going to be torquey enough having previously owned a fabia 1.9tdi sport before moving to a current BMW 320d M-Sport. There is no way that the tsi pulls like the beemer but the monte does feel fairly punchy and sounds quite rorty straight from the box!

Never knew you were on here... although I should have known :) Credit to Mitchell's, they're very accommodating :)

Enjoy your motor (can't believe that both you and Andrea got new cars before me... even though I ordered before both of you :dull: )

Edited by Superbalicious

Never knew you were on here... although I should have known :) Credit to Mitchell's, they're very accommodating :)

Enjoy your motor (can't believe that both you and Andrea got new cars before me... even though I ordered before both of you :dull: )

Hi, yep, been on here since getting the 1.9sport. Called into the dealer tonight to hear that the monte was supposed to be a demo and not sold. Apparently, I bought the car before the principal had time to inform the sales team. I mentioned that I was originally thinking of a diesel so have been offered a 10plate fabia diesel to run around in for 5-6weeks until a red monte diesel arrives. (they would want my part-ex in now to sell before it depriciates further)

Unsure what to do as have no experience of 105tsi V 1.6cr. Am going to drive 105cr fabia tomorrow and see what the spec is of the diesel monte they have on order.

1.6cr fuel figures seem to be all over the place depending on what/where you read reports. Think I need to find the FACTS !!

Tend to agree upto a point EXCEPT that some people like the look of the VRS and really want the 180 horses on tap but the DSG gearbox maybe a step too far. In my instance I've chosen the monte over the VRS purely due to that gearbox. I'm very fortunate that the price / insurance costs are of no consequence in my case.

In reply to the Monte Versus VRS, which to buy discussion, my only thoughts are:- If the VRS was available as a manual or DSG, which gearbox would account for the highest sales? If there is a large chunk of buyers who would go for a manual, then there lies one of the reasons why the monte finds a good few fans.

As well as those well cooler black lights and grill combo B)

Or, if they hadn't ruined the vrs by it being petrol only. Mk1 diesel vrs was awesome. I have to buy a monte but would buy a diesel vrs if they saw sense and built one

With you on that one. This is part of the reason why I'm cosidering a change to a diesel order. There will always be those who want a diesel vrs and so a 105cr monte may well be the next best thing.

Have you driven both 105's petrol/diesel? am keen to find real world mpg figures

Driven the diesel in an elegance with just over 2000 miles on the clock. Averaged 58 mpg on a combined back roads and a roads 22 mile drive

Not bad figures. The 105tsi monte had 7mls and on a 40 mile run averaged 52mpg. Again this was back roads / A roads. With a bit of spirited driving this dropped to 48mpg.