vRS build dates and the "black hole"

DWW

Morning all,

This is my first post so be gentle with me!

Ordered my vRS on 23 Feb and was told i'd have a build date inside of a week with a lead time of 16-17 weeks.

Having heard nothing I visited the dealer on Saturday for an update to be told that I will not get a build date until approx 3 weeks before it is due for delivery! Sounds like utter rubbish to me, and I have a feeling I have been seen off, but the information came from the MD of the dealership.

Grateful for your thoughts, I think my next port of call may be Mr Hazelwood, as mentioned in other posts.

Regards

Morning all,

Ordered my vRS on 23 Feb and was told i'd have a build date inside of a week with a lead time of 16-17 weeks.

Having heard nothing I visited the dealer on Saturday for an update to be told that I will not get a build date until approx 3 weeks before it is due for delivery! Sounds like utter rubbish to me, and I have a feeling I have been seen off, but the information came from the MD of the dealership.

Grateful for your thoughts, I think my next port of call may be Mr Hazelwood, as mentioned in other posts.

Regards

mr hazelwooods e mail at the bottom

in my opinion if more wrote to him expressing the lack of information

sooner something would be done to make the wait easier

even if it was only a live track of order through the system

its like trying to get blood out of a stoneemoticon-0106-crying.gif

and we are paying!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!emoticon-0106-crying.gif

[email protected]

My experience was I was given a build date within a month of ordering - after being told at time of order the total build time would be 16 - 20 weeks I thought being given a build date within a month was fair enough.

Surprise was after being given the build date the total order time came in a just under 8 weeks.

I would leave it a week or so and then speak to your dealer again and see if any update before taking drastic action.

If they actually had some sort of online ordering system that gave you the details of your car that you could check whenever you wanted. Say it included:

• The dealer you ordered from and there details
  • Your car, the options you chose and spec
  • Estimated delivery date, current car status and location
  • A factory pickup option like Porsche have :giggle: (only £1200!)

Save them a great deal of phone calls/customer service and please customer's no end.

Morning all,

Regards

i orderd mine on the 21 jan and dont have a build week, as long as i have it May/June as promised i will be happy.

Having gotten bored with the whole build week thing, and increasingly frustrated with the "black pack" thing, I sent an e-mail to Skoda Customer Services this morning.

Surprise, surprise the website crashed and the e-mail did not send!

I have since resent the e-mail and spoken to an actual human being who assures me he will get back to me by close of play tomorrow with definitive answers on both issues........watch this space! Not holding my breath however, next stop Mr Hazelwood!

I am definately getting more grumpy in my old age!

Ordered ours on 30th Jan, got build week 20 after approx 6 weeks, now week 18. Wait for the car is very frustrating; obvious that Skoda are struggling to keep up with demand.

RE the black pack, as I've said elsewhere I'm fairly certain the VAT free deal only applies to MY 11 cars, as the black pack is an MY 12 change its highly unlikely anyone buying a car on the VAT deal will be able to benefit from this. Doesnt really bother me as I like the chrome grille and lights; I certainly wouldnt go to the lengths of paying £400+ to have them retro-fitted.

Hi,

I ordered my Active 1.6 CR in week 50.

My salesman has told me that the estimated build is in week 19.

Does anyone know why this should take that long?

Optinal: Electric rear windows, Black tinted rear windows, Lowered suspension, 8 speakers, Climatronic, "Sports" steeringwheel, Cruisecontrol

Thanks for any feedback

And I apologize for my bad english :)

/ Johan

Johan, my dealer informed me that the 1.6CR engine was the worst for experiencing delays so that is probably why yours is taking so long.

DWW- forget your dealer and phone Skoda UK on 08457 745 745.

The nice lady there will tell you the current status of your order.

Not getting a build week until 3 weeks before it's due to be built is nonsense. You should get a provisional build week (code 10 as the dealers call it) pretty much as soon as the order is in. I first enquired about three weeks after placing my order and I was given a provisional week. This will probably move about a bit (mine went from 15 to 9 then back to 11 and it was built in wk 11) and it will become fixed about a week before. This is what the dealers call code 20.

Sounds like your dealer just can't be bothered to fire up the computer to check, or maybe he doesn't like giving out provisional dates and he is talking about waiting until it's confirmed.

Either way, bypass the useless shower and deal direct with Skoda.

Red Vrs estate, ordered on the 8th of Feb, given a build date of week 13, 3 weeks later. Checked earlier today and they are still saying wk 13 and delivery 3 weeks after that.

Just intime for the bank holiday hopefully ;)

Edited by Pweelg

Stevo,

Good advice mate, cheers.

Sent an e-mail to Skoda Customer Services yesterday, just waiting for a reply. Decided on e-mail as I am also getting the run-around on the so called "black pack" accessories and wanted a definitive answer on that also. I happen to think that my black vRS will suit a black grille surround and black lights very nicely!

Dave

Well Skoda UK have gotten back to me, surprise surprise the dealer was talking rubbish!

At least I am now fully aprised of how the comm number, status 10,20 & 30 work, and how the order progresses through the stages. It won't make the car come any faster but at least I know the score!

On the "black pack" front I got the same answer as posted by InsQuoOrgUk earlier on another thread.

So, still waiting for a build date, still impatient, but at least I no longer feel like the proverbial mushroom!

Hi everyone just thought i would give you a heads up re my experience.

Ordered my VRS on the 18th of February, ordered it in silver, black roof and red interior. Didnt order any other extras as its going to be a play car, have a 1.9 tdi Fabia for everyday use so estimate will only do around five thousand miles a year in the furby. Didnt order the coloured wheels as i wasnt keen and thought the standard ones would look okay with the silver.

Anyway after ordering like everyone else wasnt given a build date. Spoke to the dealer about three weeks ago and was given build date week twelve. Checked again with the dealer last Friday who confirmed it was still down for week twelve which of course was this week.

Decided to speak with Skoda customer services today to check if in fact my vehicle was being built, to be told that it had in fact been built and was on its way to Germany as we spoke. Hope to get it in three weeks. So for anyone out there still waiting dont despair they are being built and starting to come through. Happy days for me around middle of April.

Stringbag mines silver, black roof, red interior - had more extras than you but came through within 8 weeks.

Maybe the moral of the story is order a silver with black roof and the happy gnomes at skoda put it to the front of the production line....................... :giggle: :giggle: :giggle:

My build week has been pushed back from 18 to 20, basically back to its original build date. Getting a bit jacked off to be honest; if buying a Skoda is always like this not so sure i'll be buying another. Still cant complain about dealer service, my dealer has been very good and attentive.

Is also doing his best to throw in freebee's as and where he can, now getting the MDI lead and mats for free. Did offer me a reasonable discount on Superguard and dog guard fitting but not going to bother as its still too dear. Dog guard is ridiculous, boot has to be taken apart practically for it to be fitted, no thanks!

Big problem is with the VAT deal is that they have very little margins left in the car so cant give much away, still cant grumble on the 22% saving I guess!

my problem with the wait is

exchange car runs out of tax n mot(sons three way )

really wanted it for middle to end of april

looks like be lucky if its middle of june

was thinking of cancelling but not sure i want to

wouldnt get another car built for us from many other manufactures

any sooner now

oh well back to the looooooooong wait

hope mr skoda reads this forum

if he does should be ashamed of the lack of interest

in coming forward with apologies for lack of info,

even a website to track your build would be helpfull

at least you would see if you were on it

sorry for the rant but i am getting fed up mushrooms and dark!!!!!!

my problem with the wait is

exchange car runs out of tax n mot(sons three way )

really wanted it for middle to end of april

looks like be lucky if its middle of june

was thinking of cancelling but not sure i want to

wouldnt get another car built for us from many other manufactures

any sooner now

oh well back to the looooooooong wait

hope mr skoda reads this forum

if he does should be ashamed of the lack of interest

in coming forward with apologies for lack of info,

even a website to track your build would be helpfull

at least you would see if you were on it

sorry for the rant but i am getting fed up mushrooms and dark!!!!!!

Know how you feel, our car is due to end its PCP end of July, is in negative equity (over-valued by finance company) so we're probably going to have to VT it otherwise will have to cough up a few hundred quid just to hand it back.

All the while the tax runs out end of June, also just had to have new front tyres which we didnt want to have to pay for either.

Skoda's ordering process is awful. If they are having this much trouble meeting demand they should be building cars for stock. I like that we are getting a factory order but its a bit much to have to wait nearly 5 months for it!

Oh my good god!

Still no build date, apparently now it is because of the number of options I have specified! This from SUK Customer Services. Very disheartening to read on other threads about those lucky people who have had theirs delivered in 8 weeks!

My options: Rear Sensors, Headlight Washers, Black Paint, Sat Nav, MFSW, Mats, Front Armrest, Dark Chrome Wheels, Bluetooth, Front Seat Storage, Rear Elec Windows, Climate Control. It's not like I've asked for an ejector seat and a NOX kit!

Oh well, patience is a virtue allegedly.

As DWW mentioned, I thought it may have been because of the number of options aswell, I posted in the other black hole topic about mine..

Ordered a race blue vRS with black roof, black alloys, and rear parking sensors..

I was originally told the build would be anywhere between 8 to 15 weeks. I went in on day 20 for an update and the system showed all estimated dates.. build date, port in germany date, port in england date and delivery to my dealer date..

The final date for me was bang on 8 weeks after ordering, i was told the system is updated every 10 days and i was also shown an order for a roomster i think, ordered in november, which still doesnt have a build date in the system

I don't think it's just options based, my only options are black roof and wheels and rear electric windows. I'd guess that maybe some people are getting sick of the wait and cancelling their orders which are then being allocated to somebody with the same order later in the queue.