My pride and joy may be no more

A Micra pulled out of a junction across me this morning and I hit it doing 45-50. Something tells me a front end hit like that is probably not economically repairable. Here it is getting the Baker treatment last year,

http://www.detailingworld.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=166686&highlight=graham

Can't see it looking like that again. Devastated :'(

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sorry to hear that fella! :thumbdown:

To everybody else: Speculation does nothing more than cause agro in matters like this... so lets all save the blazing for the OP until the facts are (if at all) given to us...

Damo

I hate these people I do mean hate when someone is in the crash and the first thing they care about is who's fault it is, first things first I hope no one sustained any injurys, second I hope both cars can be fixed and you get your car back to how you like it, 3rd you are actually allowed to overtake on roads, leave insurance company's and police to sort who's fault it is I'm pretty sure they will do a better job than most people on an Internet site! Sorry for the rant I really hope you and the other driver are safe and not too shaken up.

I hate these people I do mean hate when someone is in the crash and the first thing they care about is who's fault it is, first things first I hope no one sustained any injurys, second I hope both cars can be fixed and you get your car back to how you like it, 3rd you are actually allowed to overtake on roads, leave insurance company's and police to sort who's fault it is I'm pretty sure they will do a better job than most people on an Internet site! Sorry for the rant I really hope you and the other driver are safe and not too shaken up.

+1 :thumbup: I hate the stories that start the poor sod just had his car smashed up!

Anyway, hope your ok, and all gets sorted, never nice to hear stuff like this.

Matt

Link to the other thread here which I hadn't noticed before I started this one http://briskoda.net/forums/topic/195736-o-dear-this-morning/ and puts a bit more detail on my side of the story. For those that don't know the road it is a three lane carriageway, two uphill one downhill, with double solid white line between the downhill lane and the outside uphill lane. I was therefore overtaking in the outside lane and the Micra simply shouldn't have been where it was.

xaOsk - sent you a pm

A Micra pulled out of a junction across me this morning and I hit it doing 45-50. Something tells me a front end hit like that is probably not economically repairable. Here it is getting the Baker treatment last year,

how much?? them wheels look new!!!

Glad your OK, plenty cars in the World only one life. :yes:

Update, good news and bad.

Good news - had a call from the other drivers insurance company and she has accepted full liability. Couldn't see how she could do anything else but you never know when insurance is involved.

Bad news - call from garage where the car is to say that the insurance company regard it as a writeoff. Not had this from the insurers directly yet so don't know if this is on the basis of a proper assessment / valuation of damage, or just someone turning up and staring at it for a few minutes.

Assuming it is no more I have no idea what to get next. Probably time for something different that I won't really care about. I have had two VRS's damaged through no fault of mine and I've been too emotionally attached to both.

Update, good news and bad.

Good news - had a call from the other drivers insurance company and she has accepted full liability. Couldn't see how she could do anything else but you never know when insurance is involved.

Bad news - call from garage where the car is to say that the insurance company regard it as a writeoff. Not had this from the insurers directly yet so don't know if this is on the basis of a proper assessment / valuation of damage, or just someone turning up and staring at it for a few minutes.

Assuming it is no more I have no idea what to get next. Probably time for something different that I won't really care about. I have had two VRS's damaged through no fault of mine and I've been too emotionally attached to both.

Try to insist that it is repaired if it's not too badly damaged. Insurers try to write cars off to keep thier admin and repair cost down. Get a quote independently and notify your insurer.

Try to insist that it is repaired if it's not too badly damaged. Insurers try to write cars off to keep thier admin and repair cost down. Get a quote independently and notify your insurer.

Interesting you say that. I'm not sure I would want a heavily damaged car back as I would loose confidence in it... if someone bumped into me, I'd actually prefer them to write it off.

I really do reckon SE's are fated. They always seem to be coming up crunched (which is worrying as my mum drives)

I linked to that one in another thread.

Someone dropped the seller and email about the interior.

Asking price

£1000 :no:

Insurers reckon the repair cost is £15,000 including £9000 for parts and £2000+ for labour.

Settlement is £7400. I've told them where to go. Any thoughts on what's realistic?

Really sorry to hear about your car, such ashame the SE's aint having much luck, hope you get it sorted or find something you want.

Sorry to hijack the thread. How much is a detail like that cost, its amazing.

Insurers reckon the repair cost is £15,000 including £9000 for parts and £2000+ for labour.

Settlement is £7400. I've told them where to go. Any thoughts on what's realistic?

http://www.parkers.co.uk/cars/used-prices/Valuation.aspx?deriv=37081&plate=84#amount=9000&years=3

Adjust for year, but I'd go in for the dealer price if you can.

Good luck, and sorry to hear :(

Patrick