Been Driving Like and Old Man

Went from Hertfordshire (junction 5 M1) up to Kendal, and back yesterday.

Drove at an average of 75mph - shown on my satanv - 78/79 mph on my dash.

when I got home the average was showing 53.5mpg.

It may have been a bit slower than my usual, but I presume I saved myself a lot of money. (oh, and the envoironment)

60reg L&K 2.0 DSG Diesel.

Edited by wantaskoda

It may have been a bit slower than my usual, but I presume I saved myself a lot of money. (oh, and the envoironment)

Last summer on my return through France managed 53 mpg (actual as opposed to trip computer) in my diesel vRS and generally return about 50mpg.

Sarge.

I normally average 44mpg in my CR vRS

some weeks back i drove like a nun..averaged 57.2mpg to the tank

Like an old man??!! That's fast for me! I drove 220 miles up the M5/M6 to Preston last weekend... at 60mph indicated on cruise control. It took ages but the trip computer gave an average of 72mpg.

Came home at 78mph and only got 52mpg average but much quicker and much less boring! Think I'll just stick to 70 both ways next time.

Like an old man??!! That's fast for me! I drove 220 miles up the M5/M6 to Preston last weekend... at 60mph indicated on cruise control. It took ages but the trip computer gave an average of 72mpg.

Came home at 78mph and only got 52mpg average but much quicker and much less boring! Think I'll just stick to 70 both ways next time.

Ive had 60mpg out of my 08 2.0 TDI Audi A3, but that was sitting in an artics slipstream cruising at 55mph on the motorway. Jeez i nearly fell asleep. :o

God I didn't realise the 2.0ltr was so uneconomical! :rofl:

If I drive at 70mph on the motorway my maxidot says I am doing 67mpg and when I work it out when I've refilled it comes out at 64mpg!

Gotta love the 1.9!

Also my old 1.6 petrol Mk1 came close to 50mpg, on a 2000 mile round trip to Northern Spain, it averages 48mpg and that was sitting on Autoroutes at 130kph!!

I drive like less like an old man, carry alot of kit in the car (work stuff) and average around 47mpg, and im happy with that, ive tried driving steady to see what i can get out of it, but get bored after ten minutes.

Edited by mark kelsall

My first long trip in my 2.0 CR Scout from Manchesterish to Fort William. 2 of us in the car with a load of Winter climbing gear and on Winter tyres. Doing 70 on cruise on the motorways I managed a computer average of 63.7mpg. I didn't have to refuel until Moffat on the way back after 608 miles and with a further 60 miles left on the range. I know there is some debate over the accuracy of the computer calculated figures but even at 10% over I'm well impressed. Very comfortable on the long drive too. :)

I wonder if the higher temperatures are helping?

I did a longish run at motorway speeds 70ish the other week and got just over 36 mpg. Going to work yesterday without trying I got nearly 39 mpg. Normally I'd have to try pretty hard to get numbers like that.

I'd to drive like an even older man to get such good motorway mpg.

Got 51.7mpg for my last tankful, all non motorway up and over the Pennines commuting most days. Rarely average more than 37mph over the 24 mile trip and making an effort to use less fuel.