Re mapping?

I have read that getting you car re-mapped can give you more bhp but better mpg? Do you know much about this and how much I can look to pay? I'm in Maidstone is there a place local that offers this? Thanks all it's my first turbo car :(

It will defo give you more power, generally 180hp > 210hp range, sometimes more and it will also increase the torque a fair bit as well a.k.a the pulling power. It can cost from around £199 upwards. The general consensus is the more you pay the better map you get and after support. Looking arounf the £350 range for a good map.

Main places to go are

Revo,

Rtech,

Shark,

APD,

Awesome,

Jabba sports.

I think Revo is the cheapest but from what I remember it is a more aggressive map. Giving you more grunt rather than smoothness. If you want to do a map you will need to upgrade the DV and the air filter. Compbrake or a Forge 007 Dump Valve wil do and a green/K&N/Pipercross panel.

As regards to the MPG... You should be getting a better MPG because the engine is using the fuel more efficently to create more power, so if you go slow you won't use as much, but since you can now go faster as soon as you put the boot down you will see it drop. Just drive smart and not like a pratt.

I would suggest driving the car for a bit first and getting use to it.

Also make sure your insurance company will accept remapping. Not all do.

If you want to do a map you will need to upgrade the DV and the air filter.

I haven't done either and the car is absolutely fine. Some people change them, but it isn't essential.

As for the insurance bit, I agree about checking first. The company I was with wouldn't entertain the idea of a remap, so had to switch to a more understanding company.

That's for the input guys, I think a lot of people don't look into re-mapping as much as they should and just rush in thinking more bhp ect ect I am buying a cai Saturday from a briskoda member :thumbup: Then next week the 007p valve I would be more then happy with 210 bhp the 180 I have makes me smile when I put my foot down :giggle:

it's a night and day difference between a standard car and a remapped one it really is that big a difference. I did a lot of research and ended up using R-tech even though it's a long drive their customer feedback and support is impeccable.

I have read that getting you car re-mapped can give you more bhp but better mpg? Do you know much about this and how much I can look to pay? I'm in Maidstone is there a place local that offers this? Thanks all it's my first turbo car :(

If you are asking how much more MPG then don't bother getting remap as what ever minimal mpg saving you will loose on using the extra power.... :giggle:

As members have stated with your current std set up you can only go stage 1 type map which will give you up to 210BHP, but is well worth it. It is the torque that you will notice.

I have REVO stage 2 and customised and is quite aggresive as i can get away with it down to the mods on the car...

it's a night and day difference between a standard car and a remapped one it really is that big a difference. I did a lot of research and ended up using R-tech even though it's a long drive their customer feedback and support is impeccable.

Cheers for the heads up the otherday about Rtech mike, Bloody good value for money! I need to check the money front and see if there is any issues I may encounter before I do it, but I should be looking to go forward in the next 3 weeks or so.

Prices as from the 1st April 2011 will be:

R-Tech Base Remap Software = £99 (This is a basic map to unlock the hidden power of the engine, remove flat spots and extand the torque band to give around 10-12% more power across the power band)

Rolling Road Remaps

R-Tech Spec1 Generic = £200 (for car that are stock or with basic hardware mod such as air filter and DV)

R-Tech Spec1 Custom = £250 (for added power, raised rpm limiters, and to work with induction kits and exhaust systems ect.)

R-Tech Spec2 Custom = £290

R-Tech Spec3 Live Custom = from £390 (for cars with bigger turbos)

All spec remaps come with full diagnostics health check, rolling road data logging and before and after dyno print outs.

The Base map comes with basic visual inspection and diagnotics but no rolling road session.

Cheers for the heads up the otherday about Rtech mike, Bloody good value for money! I need to check the money front and see if there is any issues I may encounter before I do it, but I should be looking to go forward in the next 3 weeks or so.

ah so they have lowered there prices a bit then by the sound of it, I guess less demand with hight petrol prices.

Makes it more likely i will go and get mine done then!

demand is massive for r tech mate, last 2 times I've popped in there have been guys from Scotland down having their cars mapped. If you end up going stage 2 further down the road they will normally discount it also. You need to usually book up a couple of weeks in advance.

where was that price list from?

as the price list on the website is slightly different

R-Tech Performance ECU Software Upgrades / Remaps

R-Tech Spec1 Performance ECU Remaps

£200 (pre year 2000)

£250 (post year 2000 -2005)

£285 (2005-2008)

Spec1 £315 (2009-2010)

R-Tech Spec2 Performance ECU Remaps (includes sensor and DCT codes mapping out)

£200 (pre year 2000)

£250 (post year 2000 -2005)

£285 (2005-2008)

£315 (2009-2010)

R-Tech Custom remaps/ rolling road remapping / real time live remapping / Bespoke tuning

1.8T 20v AGU Ko3s / ko4 / hybrid full rolling road custom remap session = £350

1.8T 20v AUM ARZ AUQ ko4 /Hybrid full rolling road custom remap session = £350

Any idea which one I should go for? (full exhaust, Tip, carbino )

I know about the intercooler and have done the piky wheel arch mod (dont know if it helps)

but I don't really go on big hoons, more nice to have the extra grunt and usability of the power.

if a cheap forge intercooler turns up 2nd hand might go for it, but not high on my list. (prefer to refresh the suspension first)

Thanks

After my recent experience I would def recommend amd in Thurrock, Essex. They are doing a special offer at the moment where you get a miltec cat back exhaust and remap for approx 550 quid off the top of my head. Well worth checking them out before you make any decision mate

After my recent experience I would def recommend amd in Thurrock, Essex. They are doing a special offer at the moment where you get a miltec cat back exhaust and remap for approx 550 quid off the top of my head. Well worth checking them out before you make any decision mate

Hi taz I will 100% give them a ring thanks :thumbup:

Had my TSI mapped at AMD (with their own map) and would definately recommend.

I had an Impossible Performance remapped MK1 for about 40k odd miles, nothing else was uprated and confirm nothing failed.Fuel economy goes up by about 5-10% as the torque increase is so dramatic you change gear earlier.

• 4 months later...

It will defo give you more power, generally 180hp > 210hp range, sometimes more and it will also increase the torque a fair bit as well a.k.a the pulling power. It can cost from around £199 upwards. The general consensus is the more you pay the better map you get and after support. Looking arounf the £350 range for a good map.

Main places to go are

Revo,

Rtech,

Shark,

APD,

Awesome,

Jabba sports.

I think Revo is the cheapest but from what I remember it is a more aggressive map. Giving you more grunt rather than smoothness. If you want to do a map you will need to upgrade the DV and the air filter. Compbrake or a Forge 007 Dump Valve wil do and a green/K&N/Pipercross panel.

As regards to the MPG... You should be getting a better MPG because the engine is using the fuel more efficently to create more power, so if you go slow you won't use as much, but since you can now go faster as soon as you put the boot down you will see it drop. Just drive smart and not like a pratt.

I would suggest driving the car for a bit first and getting use to it.

Also make sure your insurance company will accept remapping. Not all do.

[Hope this helps the VRS community.I've just had my 2003 VRS Octavia remapped at Custom Tuning in Bradford for £150.00.There were a few teething problems but the guys at Custom Tuning got to the root of the problem and cured my cars hesitation through the gears.More noticeable in fifth gear at motorway cruising speeds.The new file downloaded on to cars ECU was for the latest VAG software which my car didn't have.The software company that supply the remaps sent the latest software for my car from Germany.Custom Tuning installed this.Car is absolutely fine now and runs spot on.I can't believe how much more torque there is.It pulls strong in every gear.If I have drivers window open I can even hear the air from standard dump valve being released although no where near as loud as what my modified 200SX was.I can highly recommend Custom Tuning not just for value but also for Customer Care. ]

My Octy was done by Motech Performance. Its an X-Map and the power delivery is fantastic! Been in a standard one and been in mine and its exactly the same just goes A LOT harder. I'd give him a ring for a quote.

Estimated power is 220bhp with a 4 bar FPR and all the normal modifications, exhaust, forge 007p and air filter. Its been on the car for a good few miles and its caused no problems either. :)

What other things are worth checking?

basic things are get a new air filter (after-market or OEM, personally OEM is more than good enough)

check your coil pack are in good nick - there is a recall for all versions apart from revision R and D

also get new plugs - NGK PFR6Q