Fabia DRL (running lights) Help please

To my knowledge as long as the kit is 'e' marked and the housing is also 'e' marked they are safe for use. The number after the 'e' does not matter, this represents the country of certification.

Sent from my GT-N7105 using Tapatalk

Are these like the sidelights you bought? http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/like/360815820563?hlpht=true&ops=true&viphx=1&lpid=95&device=c&adtype=pla&crdt=0&ff3=1&ff11=ICEP3.0.0&ff12=67&ff13=80&ff14=95

Is it easy to get the bulbs out of the housing to replace them?

Really want to get HIDs but due to the law on retrofitted HIDs I am too scared of being pulled by the police.

So I have a set of Osram Nightbreakers to put in at somepoint.

These bulbs do not fit :-( the bulb doesn't even come close to fitting!

It's not the length is the diameter. Is a shame because I booked them up to a 9v battery and they are very bright.

I'm going to search for some more.

I have some Samsung SMD bulbs in at the moment, they are ok but not brought enough compared to the HIDS

• 2 weeks later...
Guest garpat32

Just bumping this with what may seem a daft question, but;

How do you get to the DRL's to swap them over? is it by taking the wheel arch liner off or through the lower front grill?

I have searched (honest) and can see plenty people changing the bulbs but cant actually see how easy it is or how to get at them

:angel:  :angel:

You pull the small black piece of grille next to the DRL off first then you push a clip on the side of the DRL then it should just pop out.

Swap the bulb then replace in reverse, should take no more than 5-10 mins for the pair.

Guest garpat32

Do you mean this bit? Just below the number plate and to the right as you look at it? I've tried but can't see how to, probably being too careful?

I've noticed the lower grill is in 3 separate "bits"

post-111929-0-35979800-1391958057_thumb.jpg

Guest garpat32

Oh!! Its OK I've sussed it Lol. Cheers.

Actually surprised at how easy they are to take off!

Here's what the difference is.

post-111929-0-36164600-1391961083_thumb.jpg

post-111929-0-44356400-1391961109_thumb.jpg

• 9 months later...

For those who don't want to go down the LED route, I bought the MTEC Xenon conventionals for £6 and really chuffed with them.
I'll proabably try some LEDs soon- but these were a good purcahse to start with.

Daytime photo shows new vs old lamp.

http://i1383.photobucket.com/albums/ah313/mattbmt/84ccc762-7c61-49c0-a3e5-d673a26c10e3_zps0b91178b.jpg

http://i1383.photobucket.com/albums/ah313/mattbmt/f15f808e-c7d0-485a-b0d0-58f269e73ee9_zps5d6f174d.jpg

• Like 1