Key locked in boot. Which window to break?

I am thinking breaking the window will be the only way into my fabia as I cant find the spare set.. Which window will be easiest replaced, the rear side window, or the we quarter window beside it??

Also are all fabia`s windows the same tint other than the SE`s?

The we quarter one is £15 cheaper going on ebay prices so I am thinking it cant be that hard to fit?

Also if your going to use the middle button to open your boot.. Be very careful lol:D

Where's your spare?

And yes if it's deadlocked which they are by default you won't be able to open the door from the inside.

You'd need to get into the car and fold the seats down so you can climb into the boot.

My other half did the exact same thing :thumbdown: We smashed a rear quarter window and then fished the keys out. You will only be able to open the doors once you unlock them with the key. Hope you get it sorted :yes:

Does the unlock all doors button work when dead locked, the one on the drivers door?

If not then fishing the keys out of the boot through the quarter light seems the only option.

I was worried I'd do this myself one day as my car only came with one key, so I got a spare cut. It's only the blade so no alarm or immobiliser control.. but it means I can rescue the keys with out damage.

A full spare key, all singing and dancing is around the £120 mark.. Hence my £7 high street copy.

Doors will be deadlocked, but I would wind the window down, put the seat forward and grab the jacket which holds the keys.. shouldn't be too hard if only I could get the window down:(

Thanks for offer on the window, but couldn't drive with front window out/card boarded up as I couldn't see mirror and I need the car tomorrow.. least I can

So I am thinking break the quarter, cant be that hard to fit I think lol..

Haven't looked about getting someone out, don't want the door bent and it wouldn't pay to bring someone out considering new windows only £21!

Thanks for help

Break rear quarter, reach in, wind down rear window and climb in through it.

That's what the theiving scrotes did when they broke into Mrs Grrs car sometime back

they rifled through the glovebox taking nothing but a garmin charger. :thumbdown:

Had a Toad fitted as soon as the window was replaced. The glass and new seal was about £75

fitted by autoglass at our home. Paid cash rather than put a claim through.

It didn't have a factory alam. Being an SDI it had the basic immobiliser system so we never

heard a thing when they broke in, hence the £300 spent on the Toad system it now has.

a mate of mine got a delocked car, battery went in it, so he went to local police station to ask for advice and they give him to borrow something that opens the door without damageing the car,

u slide it in the door sill then blow it up to pressure the door open

hope this helps

Had a similar problem myself in my last car, had to break the rear window to climb into the car. Be warned if you have no choice to go this route, it makes a real mess. You'll be finding pieces of glass for months afterwards! This was a Mk4 Golf, rear window cost about £80 from autoglass.

Be warned if you have no choice to go this route, it makes a real mess. You'll be finding pieces of glass for months afterwards!

If you have a sheet of sticky-back plastic type stuff to stick over the window before you hit it, it considerably reduces the amount of glass which goes into the car...

too late for you I'm afraid but I've used metal strapping or welding rod though the front window seals to hook onto the lock or push the unlock button on cars i've owned in the past. Ebay or your local scrappy for your window pane, not sure how easy it would be to fit yourself tho so maybe better getting it done professionally. Remember you might not be fully insured with that broken window.

Does the unlock all doors button work when dead locked, the one on the drivers door?

If not then fishing the keys out of the boot through the quarter light seems the only option.

I was worried I'd do this myself one day as my car only came with one key, so I got a spare cut. It's only the blade so no alarm or immobiliser control.. but it means I can rescue the keys with out damage.

A full spare key, all singing and dancing is around the £120 mark.. Hence my £7 high street copy.

I take it you to this done at any hardware store? I need to get this done......