Insurance

Believe it or not im with LV currently, i pay £1600 on a seat ibiza 1.4 sport. they wont even insure me on a vrs due to some rule about it being over 124bhp and me being under 25.

Not read this all the way through - but an Admiral 10 month policy isn't cheaper in the long run - at all!

I worked out it saved me £20 a year having 3ncb, not 2ncb (or maybe 4 & 3). The cost per month of the 10month over the 12month meant that the £20 saved was negated instantly, so it just isn't worth it. If you do your own maths you'll see what I mean, I just haven't explained it well at all.

That said, Admiral and sister firms were the cheapest for me - although my sister got her first years cover at about £600 at 17 through an anomaly on goCompare/confused which the insurance firm had to honour. :thumbup:

I'm paying £890 on my Polo which is a higher ins. group then the Flabia. That's at 20, as a student, 2ncb, 2y9m license and both parents as named drivers (mainly as they do use it), with hire cars and in a 'B' postcode.

Was £1600 last year though, when I was 19! Painful. :thumbdown:

Edited by TriggerFish

Believe it or not im with LV currently, i pay £1600 on a seat ibiza 1.4 sport. they wont even insure me on a vrs due to some rule about it being over 124bhp and me being under 25.

Quite right too, You're not yet ready for higher powered cars. You have to do an apprenticeship on smaller engined ones first, it's the LAW!.

Hi guys, just a quick one. im currently looking for a fabia vrs. Im 19.. im just wondering, what companies offer decent insurance for people around my age on a fabia vrs.

Regards

Admiral are the best for me personally, Im 20 and the quote I have for when my Fabia ii Vrs arrives is 591.53 per year :D thats with 3 years liscence 2 years NCB and my mum as a named driver

Edited by AshP

I would have loved a fabia VRS when I was 19. Instead, to afford the insurance, I had a 1.1 Pug 106.

I couldn't possibly justify spending that sort of money on insurance, let alone a car when I was that age.

well i was with Admiral, they then quote 4000 lol...so i just told em where to go, went on the comparison sites, elephant quoted me 2k..which was looking cheap..so i took that, then thought...hmm add a female lol.. and then bell came up cheapest, so im currently with bell. To be honest i only did the 10month one because i just couldnt afford 2grand, and although there was only a 100 in it, its still a 100 pound im better off. Honestly. looking back, i wish i would have been patient waited a year, then gone for the VRS this year. But also, im glad i didnt because i like my car lol, just think to yourself, can you wait an extra year to build up a Years NCB, or do you really need a vrs?

Guest BigJase88

i went with elephant at 19 on my first vrs... sure it was around 800 maybe??

but that was then and this is now prices have rocketed!!

well i was with Admiral, they then quote 4000 lol...so i just told em where to go, went on the comparison sites, elephant quoted me 2k..which was looking cheap..so i took that, then thought...hmm add a female lol.. and then bell came up cheapest, so im currently with bell. To be honest i only did the 10month one because i just couldnt afford 2grand, and although there was only a 100 in it, its still a 100 pound im better off. Honestly. looking back, i wish i would have been patient waited a year, then gone for the VRS this year. But also, im glad i didnt because i like my car lol, just think to yourself, can you wait an extra year to build up a Years NCB, or do you really need a vrs?

Yeah im just weighing it up at the moment. I just want a decent long term car thats fairly cheap and the vrs ticks those boxes. im thinking of maybe waiting another year and going for a mk6 zetec s or something. either that or i'll add my mum to the policy and see what prices come up.

Adding a female, is a must, for now anyway, as im sure your aware, apparentley, people with breasts and a whispering eye are considered better drivers and bring insurance down lol so yeah add your mom or any other female family member tbh lol.

Why get a VRS at 19 then? I can't understand how all these kids can afford to run one. Get a lower powered car for a year or two and then get something sportier afterwards. Simples.

tbh, it's been cheaper to run my Fabia vRS these past few months than it was my old 1.4 astra. Also most of us youngun's don't have any bills to pay except probably a mobile contract so each month have money burning a hole in our pockets.

Edited by anthonyh90

My insurance is £1900 on my SE VRS, that's with 2 years no claims having driven since a few weeks after turning 17.

I need the car for uni so I don't mind paying it, could do with it being cheaper though.

I tried SwiftCover last night for a quote and they wouldn't insure me :|

tbh, it's been cheaper to run my Fabia vRS these past few months than it was my old 1.4 astra. Also most of us youngun's don't have any bills to pay except probably a mobile contract so each month have money burning a hole in our pockets.

Exactly i have a phone bill to pay for, the vrs for me ticks all boxes, i need the economy for travelling back and forth to uni, and i think they look really good, itll easily last me till then end of my degree in 3 years time. its just the insurance, im just gonna keep on trying quotes and see if something comes up cheaper.

My bf was 19 when he got his fab he paid 1500 with 3 points for speeding, this year with me as a named driver its brought it down to 950! Hes with swift cover 2 im with admiral 450, the joys of being a 21 yr old girl :)

Jeezus! Here's me bitchin' like a little girl about my renewal!

lol mike, what is yours? your well old so must be tuppence :p

my renewal is around £500, would be a bit less if i paid in a lump sum but i chose easy payments.

Edited by KTP

swift cover are absolute rip offs!

i paid £620 this year with sky. mods insured.

swiftcover with 4years no claims want £1100. i paid less for my previous clio sport.

what a bunch of tools.

Anyone had any experience with a mk6 zetec s, i can insure one for a little more than what i pay now. might just get one of them to tide me over until next year when i can insure a vrs, whats the fuel consumption like on them?

Btw guys do the online quotes differ from calling them up directly? Alot of the companies ive done online havent even quoted me? will they be likely to quote me if i call them instead?

lol mike, what is yours? your well old so must be tuppence :p

my renewal is around £500, would be a bit less if i paid in a lump sum but i chose easy payments.

£314 in the end! One of the few benefits of being an old knacker!emoticon-0105-wink.gif