New vRS insurance

Lee

Has anyone who traded-up from a MK1 vRS to the MK2 seen a significant change in their insurance premium?

My new MK2 isn't due for delivery until August but my insurer is holding the price increase for me at...£12!

I'll be trading up to a Mk2 vRS hopefully around renewal time. Not sure how much my Mk1 vRS will be this year but last years was £512 fully comp with 4 years NCB. The new vRS estate came in at £600 on a compare site with (it will be then) 5 years no claims. Bear in mind insurance has gone up this years and they are currently raping everyone. I have to switch to someone other than Swiftcover since they won't insure anything "hot".

I'm in the process of changing from a 1.8 civic type s (140bhp) to a fabia vRS (180bhp) and my insurance has gone from 435 to 340 :D 6yrs no claims love how insurance companies work!

indeed, the insurance from my (mapped) 1.9 punto sporting to the vRS, was "no change" was happy with that. remember it has ESP you cannot turn off, thats a BIG consideration for insurance companies, they reccon over 50% of fatal accidents will be cut when all new cars are forced to be fitted with ESP.

indeed, the insurance from my (mapped) 1.9 punto sporting to the vRS, was "no change" was happy with that. remember it has ESP you cannot turn off, thats a BIG consideration for insurance companies, they reccon over 50% of fatal accidents will be cut when all new cars are forced to be fitted with ESP.

Can't you? I suppose for 99% of the time you'll never need to turn it off. But what about snow? My only concern is what are these cars like in ice and snow. My current vRS is fantastic plus I can turn the ASR off if I need to.

Can't you? I suppose for 99% of the time you'll never need to turn it off. But what about snow? My only concern is what are these cars like in ice and snow. My current vRS is fantastic plus I can turn the ASR off if I need to.

I spoke to a dealer about how the vRS behaved in snow (ordered in January so thought it would be a sensible question), he said that unless the traction control was switched off the car literally wasn't moving in his expierience. I'd imagine that the ESP would go some way to helping you keep on the straight and narrow though once your moving.

With regard to insurance my quote has dropped from over £1000 on my mondeo estate to around £600 on the Fabia. With 4 years no claims and being 21 I really can't complain about that :)

Edited by Ben vRS

I'm 20 Years old, currently got a Corsa C 1.4 that pushes 90BHP and i'm £800 for insurance. Ordered my VRS and when I checked insurance (obviously checked before i ordered) it comes out at £620. Absolutely no logic at all but hey, I ain't complaining! :)

Not just about snow- last year I made the mistake of parking my Avensis on the grass as the car park was full at the gym. When I came out with esp on all that happened was I started digging a couple of holes with the front wheels and covering my car and those around me with thick slimy mud and grass. When I switched esp off a couple of rocks backwards and forwards with gentle clutch and accelerator control and I was out. Mighty glad it had the off button as I didnt fancy going back in to reception to ask for a push!

The civic was a nightmare in the snow and ice, god help me with the vRS if it's worse! I'm sure there will be a fuse that can be removed to turn the ESP off temporarily (had a mate who had to do that with a vauxhall for RR test year or so back)

everybody is confusing ESP with traction control. you CAN turn the traction control off with a button on the dash marked ASR (anti-slip-regulation) so its fine if you require wheelspin in snow, although the traction control in the fiat made snow SO much easier... remember electronic systems evolve, modern systems do the job well.

for education, watch this.

• 2 weeks later...

Here's my renewal costs this year: -

I'll be 28, have 5 years NCB, license for 8 years...

Current Car - Seat Ibiza FR 1.9 TDI PD - Group 20 - Renewal cost was quoted @ £450

New Car - Skoda Fabia vRS Estate 1.4 TSI - Group 27 - Renewal cost will be = £326

It's bonkers!

Funny enough mine is the other way around...

Now 27

MK1 vRS £390

MK2 vRS £475

8 years NCB, License for 8 years

I'd shop around if I was you, you are bucking the trend ;)... (er, hang on , thinking about it though...) but then I had no increase from the modified punto to the unmodified vRS, but she said "expect an increase on renewal due to the current market situation" !!!!! so if you have renewed recently , that would make sense....

Sold the MK1 vRS last saturday - frozen current insurance with 1 month left on it. Been told when I re-open the policy I can get the money back and open a new policy for the new car if that makes sense? All other insurance companies want £500 - £1000.

Had a letter stating new amount for the MK1 vRS renewal at £390 which is £70 less than last year!! Not sure why MK2 vRS would be more, i'd think it should be even.

Try haggling. Mention your loyality or other insurance companies.

Using online comparison engines, tweak things like annual mileage, profession, named drivers, where it's stored etc.

My punto was £320. vRS is £380. I'm 23. :p

Try haggling. Mention your loyality or other insurance companies.

Using online comparison engines, tweak things like annual mileage, profession, named drivers, where it's stored etc.

My punto was £320. vRS is £380. I'm 23. :p

Currently paying £400 on my Octavia VRS and its £60 more for the Fabia Vrs.

I'm 31 with 7 years ncb no points etc etc but BD postcode :( (even tho its a nice area i live in)

Looked at getting a mk1 vRS it would be £2k for me (21, 1yncb, live in a high crime postcode :( )mk2 vrs £1700 :D. Dont ask me how but it is but thats cheap for me lol :rofl: God only knows how that works out.

My insurer wanted £700 to renew with them this month for my mkII vRS ( :wonder: ), shopped around and got it down to £340.... :thumbup:

thats age 29 with 7yrs ncb.