vRS Insurance

Just had my renewal thorough for my motor.

They expected a renewal fee of £581.00 from me for the next year.

A quick hour or two trawling the web was time well spent.

Got it down to £371.00 for the year with my existing insurer. Adrian Flux.

Pleased but at the same time I'm annoyed that every year they try it on by quoting a ridiculously high renewal prices.

I assume many people just pay the renewal without any quibble.

Over the years I learnt NEVER to pay a renewal price. Always shop around and chances are they'll price match :wonder:

Edited by EddGee

Same here - they try it on due to the vast majority (historically anyway, bit different now with internet instead of trawling through Yellow pages....remember the good old days!) will just renew due to the fact they can't be bothered or forget.

I have been lucky....I have been with Elephant since i got my own insurance....they always try it on but Admiral was always cheapest for me and being a sister company they always matched it.

Since i got the VRS i have been with IAM and nobody could touch them on price. Got it for £440 and the likes of Admiral were coming out at £700 plus.

It pays to shop around and always check quidco if shopping online :thumbup:

If they price match then why not just stick to who you have lol.

If cheaper then yeh, but insurance has went up 44% in the last year!! ridiculous state of affairs.

I would love to get a quote for £581, cheapest renewal I can find for mine (due next month) after lots of internet trawling is £1024, up around £350 from what I paid for this year, and with no cliams/points/changes in that time either :S

My renewal this year with Direct Line was £556. A quick search online, and Aviva were quoting me £375. Direct Line had been the cheapest for me for years, but suddently jumped this year, and refused to budge on price at all when presented with the Aviva quote (and other similar), so promptly lost my business and a loyal customer (I'd been with them for 8 years). When I bought the vRS, going from the Audi A3 S-Line PD140, Aviva wanted a trivial £17 extra for the remaining 7 months of the policy. I suspect they'll keep my business this year, but you definately need to be shopping around at the moment it seems!

My current insurers wanted to charge me £575 this year did some shopping around and got it for £315 inc car hire, legal cover,+ protected no claims bonus. this was with Aviva couldnt fault them they even rang me to confirm my details.

Seems to be fact of life now, your own insurer puts up the premium by a large sum in the hope that people will just renew, mine does this every year, last time their own online quote was much cheaper so I had to buy again as if a new customer and cancel their existing policy. When I commented on the stupidity of this they just said that was the way the system was set up... so this time I called them and said I was fed up with the game and was going to go elsewhere regardless, well guess what, they reduced my renewal quote so it was pretty much the same as before... Ok I know its the game these days but very annoying.

I had a kind offer from M&S to renew automatically, they even offered to facilitate the deal at minimum of effort on my behalf by taking the funds directly from my bank too but the premium had gone up enormously. My no claims had gone up by another year, no change of address, no points.

Shopping around saved me a fortune but I did have to be flexible on cover. I found that sticking rigidly to a particular combination of benefits reduced my savings considerably. M&S wouldnt match the quote I got so I moved on. I agree with everybody here, never blindly trust your broker or insurance company. As Ronald Reagan said, "trust but verify".

Been insuring a car for more than 10 years now, I've never known it any different. Insurers only care about 'new business'.

£371??! Just had to pay £850 for mine 2 weeks ago :'( and that's with 9 years no claims and a completely clean licence for 15 years!

Surprisingly my current insurers (Chris Knott) gave the cheapest renewal quote - most others were coming in at £1200+ - I always shop around each year though and never just renew without checking as I usually find a cheaper quote than my renewal.

Still gone up from £700 last year though with no changes :( (apart from increasing the excess from £200 to £250 to get the renewal down from £900 to £850!)

£371??! Just had to pay £850 for mine 2 weeks ago :'( and that's with 9 years no claims and a completely clean licence for 15 years!

Surprisingly my current insurers (Chris Knott) gave the cheapest renewal quote - most others were coming in at £1200+ - I always shop around each year though and never just renew without checking as I usually find a cheaper quote than my renewal.

Still gone up from £700 last year though with no changes :( (apart from increasing the excess from £200 to £250 to get the renewal down from £900 to £850!)

Just noticed your location - Probably why yours is so expensive :thumbup:

That has got to be your postcode that is flagged as high risk. And with 9 yrs NCB that is shocking!