Looking to buy a Yeti Elegance

flashman

Where do you collect from when using AF? Presumably if you had a PX you'd need to take to their office to get it valued? With DtD they're a middleman who takes your enquiry and then passes you directly to their appointed dealer, wherever he or they may be and you then deal direct with the dealer re. deposit and collection. How does this compare with AF?

When I bought my Elegance from Autofinders I drove down in my old car to pick the Yeti up from their premises in Chesterfield. They would have delivered the car, and picked up the PX, if I had wanted, but I'd have had to pay for it. It was cheaper for me to drive down and back. (Plus I knew that the supplying dealer was in Carlisle and I didn't feel like paying for delivery from Chesterfield when the car had been supplied from somewhere significantly nearer.)

To flashman: A pal of mine is on the verge of buying through these folks: http://www.autoebid.com/. Sounds like he's got getting on for 20% discount, with his choice of options and delivery to his door included in the price. Could be worth checking out.

Edited by ejstubbs

my car is on order from Autofinders. They told me they will deliver free of charge (500 mile round trip!). also Autofinders provide 12 months road tax - DtD only provide 6 months - not a deal breaker, but something to bear in mind.

my car is on order from Autofinders. They told me they will deliver free of charge (500 mile round trip!)

Hmm, they didn't ofer me that :wonder: Perhaps it was because mine was in stock at the dealer rather than a factory order?

To flashman: A pal of mine is on the verge of buying through these folks: http://www.autoebid.com/index.asp. Sounds like he's got getting on for 20% discount, with his choice of options and delivery to his door included in the price. Could be worth checking out.

Tried clicking on this link out of curiosity, wouldn't work until I knocked the /index.asp off the end. When I then clicked on Skoda & Yeti my computer security system started flashing all sorts of warnings at me about phishing and fake sites !! (My Yeti is about to be delivered so I clicked off quick !!)

Tried clicking on this link out of curiosity, wouldn't work until I knocked the /index.asp off the end.

Thanks, I've corrected link.

When I then clicked on Skoda & Yeti my computer security system started flashing all sorts of warnings at me about phishing and fake sites !!

That doesn't happen on mine (it's a corporate PC so protected by a full commercial AV and anti-malware package, as well as having Websense on the Internet connection). AutoeBid is definitely a genuine business, it's mentioned frequently on the Honest John web site: http://www.honestjohn.co.uk/search/?q=ebid.

• 1 month later...

Thank you all for taking the time to reply. Some very useful advice been given which I will follow up on.

I also found a good deal through broadspeed.com

I know this may a bit late to you now, but I have used Broadspeed to purchase my current car .... and would NEVER use them again, OR recommend them to anyone .... including my worst enemy.

Shocking C/S - if you can really call it that, once they have your order you are on your own, buyer beware!!

Drive the Deal and Autofinders will give you an online, instant quote and good discounts. My recent order to Autofinders worked out to nearer 12% off list.

I ordered my Fabia from DtD 4 years ago and have just ordered my Yeti from Autofinders - but have yet to prove their customer service (except they are keeping me updated on build week and were happy to change the colour 6 weeks into the order (Muscavado to Black - but we are still having fights in the house as to whether that was a good move!!).

I would have no issues in using Autofinders again (Broadspeed placed the order through them) BUT ONLY if they were not going to use the Carlisle based dealer to supply the car, due to a bad experience from them and IMO the best way to let people know of shocking services is to vote with your feet.

I used Drivethedeal for my Yeti and the whole process was seamless and transparent. After hitting the order button on their website it took only about a week before I had my deposit paid with a real dealer and ALL my dealings from then on was with them and not with DtD. :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

I used Autoebid to get around £4k discount on a new Elegance 170 with a few options. They put me in touch with Autofinders in Chesterfield who (so far) have been excellent.

We went to TranscityWalthamstow link. A really nice guy called Warren spoke to us. My wife and I looked at the Yeti in the showroom but there was no demonstrator..

He asked to be excused for a moment and lo, another Yeti appears on the forecourt. He gets out saying we are more than welcome to drive his but sheepishly asked us to excuse the shopping in the back as his wife had just been to the supermarket. He just gave us the keys and left us to have a ride in peace.

Needless to say we went back to him to order. We did not pay full price. I don't want to know if I could have got it much cheaper by haggling harder but I will say it was very very fair.

I would recommend contacting him if you would like to try and buy a car in an unpressured and civilised manner.

Best of luck

I used Skodastore, its a large main dealer behind it. Gave me a fantastic deal, good part exchange and car delivered to my front door. Better deal than any local dealers, Allams or Drive the Deal.

Anyone around Yorkshire area try the DM Keith group,they matched Drivethedeal price on my purchase.

the plymouth dealership have a 4x4 elegance in stock, can't remember colour or price! This was about 3 weeks ago

That's an interesting reference, but who are they? There is no reference to their postal address on the site so I would suggest to steer well clear.

Cheers

Clive

think it might be rainworth skoda(notts)

We went to TranscityWalthamstow link. A really nice guy called Warren spoke to us. My wife and I looked at the Yeti in the showroom but there was no demonstrator..

He asked to be excused for a moment and lo, another Yeti appears on the forecourt. He gets out saying we are more than welcome to drive his but sheepishly asked us to excuse the shopping in the back as his wife had just been to the supermarket. He just gave us the keys and left us to have a ride in peace.

Needless to say we went back to him to order. We did not pay full price. I don't want to know if I could have got it much cheaper by haggling harder but I will say it was very very fair.

I would recommend contacting him if you would like to try and buy a car in an unpressured and civilised manner.

Best of luck

We to had great service from Transcity, we were given the car for the weekend, this gave us a very good test drive, and did not feel pressured in buying.

The only disappointment was the long wait before it was ready. Ordered Sept 10 collected Feb 11.

Since then my son, my brother inlaw and even my mother has bought or ordered a Skoda from this dealer.

Edited by sfarnuk