Retro-fitted MFSW

Yesterday I updated from my four spoke non mf steering wheel to a 3 spoke mfsw.

All went well and working properly but not entirely !!!

1) I have a swing audio player --

I can control the volume up and down and skip stations , however I cannot switch it on or off...!! Is it possible to do so via coding?

2) I have a white on black full screen and no maxi dot ----

I can switch from trip computer 1 to 2 (with short press) and reset the trip (long press) of the scroller on the right of the mfsw however can't scroll through the menu .... Again is it possible to do so ?? Or is it a maxi dot only option .( I have a rocker switch on the wiper stalk for the board computer)

3) in VCDS address 56- Radio.

When I try to check the option--- short press button installed on steering wheel it REJECTS the coding ... Why is it so ?

4) Lastly I have a call button (for when I get a bolero) can it be coded to change the audio source as in non phone mfsw.??

I have updated my steering wheel module to a high line one !

Skoda octavia II FL '09 1.8tsi ambient

HELP PLS!photo1.jpg

Edited by pz1811

Yesterday I updated from my four spoke non mf steering wheel to a 3 spoke mfsw.

All went well and working properly but not entirely !!!

1) I have a swing audio player --

I can control the volume up and down and skip stations , however I cannot switch it on or off...!! Is it possible to do so via coding?

2) I have a white on black full screen and no maxi dot ----

I can switch from trip computer 1 to 2 (with short press) and reset the trip (long press) of the scroller on the right of the mfsw however can't scroll through the menu .... Again is it possible to do so ?? Or is it a maxi dot only option .( I have a rocker switch on the wiper stalk for the board computer)

3) in VCDS address 56- Radio.

When I try to check the option--- short press button installed on steering wheel it REJECTS the coding ... Why is it so ?

4) Lastly I have a call button (for when I get a bolero) can it be coded to change the audio source as in non phone mfsw.??

I have updated my steering wheel module to a high line one !

Skoda octavia II FL '09 1.8tsi ambient

HELP PLS!

Not the same set up as you - my MFSW is factory fit 4 spoke that included maxidot and I have the Bolero. A short press on the radio volume scroll wheel mutes/unmutes the sound, a long press turns the radio on/off.

With the factory fit MFSW there are no computer controls on the left stalk - all is controlled from the steering wheel. Could it be that your duplicate controls are interfering? With mine the scroll wheel does the same job as the up/down rocker on the stalk to select the various mpg, time, speed, distance options.

Not the same set up as you - my MFSW is factory fit 4 spoke that included maxidot and I have the Bolero. A short press on the radio volume scroll wheel mutes/unmutes the sound, a long press turns the radio on/off.

With the factory fit MFSW there are no computer controls on the left stalk - all is controlled from the steering wheel. Could it be that your duplicate controls are interfering? With mine the scroll wheel does the same job as the up/down rocker on the stalk to select the various mpg, time, speed, distance options.

Ya but you have maxidot ......I have White on black screen.!

Do you think the coding for steering wheel(address16) is same for both our cars ?

If so could you please share a scan of address 16 !

Thanks .!

Also short press of the scroller mutes the swing player but a long press does not switch it on or off!!

And when I try to check the option short press buttons on the steering wheel in radio via vcds ... It says coding rejected !

Any ides on that.?

Ya but you have maxidot ......I have White on black screen.!

Do you think the coding for steering wheel(address16) is same for both our cars ?

If so could you please share a scan of address 16 !

Thanks .!

Also short press of the scroller mutes the swing player but a long press does not switch it on or off!!

And when I try to check the option short press buttons on the steering wheel in radio via vcds ... It says coding rejected !

Any ides on that.?

The button does need a VERY long press.

Can't help with VCDS - never even seen one!!

<br />The button does need a VERY long press.<br /><br />Can't help with VCDS - never even seen one!!<br />
<br /><br /><br />

Tried that too........

No luck !:(

Do you know the part number for the airbag wiring?

It seems that the newer wheel is not the same as older one.

(Airbag Wiring Loom - 1K0 971 584 C)

Does anyone know the correct one?

3T0 971 584

This is what I have .....!

However don't know if this will be helpful to you as yours is. Pre-fl

• 1 month later...

Did the same. Retrofited MFSW, no maxidot but I do have RNS510 (Columbus). I have an Issue with Volume control. In some stupid reason volume control is not working , as well as menu on the trip computer not changing.

Tried A lot of combinations via VagCom , but no luck. I am wander did you get the things working or fully working MFSW is not possible without MaxiDot ?

Did the same. Retrofited MFSW, no maxidot but I do have RNS510 (Columbus). I have an Issue with Volume control. In some stupid reason volume control is not working , as well as menu on the trip computer not changing.

Tried A lot of combinations via VagCom , but no luck. I am wander did you get the things working or fully working MFSW is not possible without MaxiDot ?

No the buttons on the right hand side of the steering wheel will not work if you don't have maxi-dot.

I have full functionality of volume buttons and track changing..only coding required is in address 16 - steering wheel - multifunction steering wheel w/o ptt w/o tiptronic....

If you are still having problems...you need to check if your steering wheel module is a highline one .!

• Like 1

pz1811:

Thank you for respond! My Steering wheel module is CH (So it is highline ) and coding is 0000534 (multifunction steering wheel w/o ptt w/o tiptronic.) Played with new Software 3970 , downgraded to 3810 , but still the same issue.

Will wait my Maxidot retrofited.

• 2 weeks later...

î˜î„‡îŒ¶îŒ¶îŒ¶anyone ?

Hey so an aftermarket skoda multifunction steering works with the basic skoda swing player?

Could you tell me where you sourced the steering from and whether any other components were reqd?

There is nothing like an aftermarket Skoda steering wheel.!!!!!

The wheel is OEM skoda!

It s just a 3-spoke like we get on the Superb (in India)

You will need to check if the steering wheel module is a highline one.!

If it's not you will have to change that also.!

There is nothing like an aftermarket Skoda steering wheel.!!!!!

The wheel is OEM skoda!

It s just a 3-spoke like we get on the Superb (in India)

You will need to check if the steering wheel module is a highline one.!

If it's not you will have to change that also.!

Thanks. How do you check whether you have a highline steering wheel module? I have booked a 2.0 DSG elegance skoda octavia II (laura). The does not come with a multifunction steering nor does in come with the maxidot display (also comes with a basic skoda swing player).

I found a four spoke skoda multifunction steering wheel in ebay. Would that work? How do i go about unlocking these 'codes' to get the steering wheel functions to work? Should this be done only by a skoda dealer?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=170475273237&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT#ht_2565wt_1139

If i could get the functions you've got on your steering wheel i would be more than happy ( i dont mind not being able to switch the audio off from the steering wheel).

Thanks. Hope you could help me out with this