Engine Check Light

seddy

Your engine will be running on the get you home program within your engines computer which is not designed for extended use.

It is most likely the Airmass flow meter that is faulty, had this problem with my old Octy 2.0. It may run fine for now, but that wont last. The tick over with become more iratic and then it will start stalling. I should take it to the dealer they can fix it and turn off your light. Not always cheap mind, is it under warrenty? Other wise you will need a laptop, VAG software and the cable. Thats before you fix the problem.

Your engine will be running on the get you home program within your engines computer which is not designed for extended use.

It is most likely the Airmass flow meter that is faulty' date=' had this problem with my old Octy 2.0. It may run fine for now, but that wont last. The tick over with become more iratic and then it will start stalling. I should take it to the dealer they can fix it and turn off your light. Not always cheap mind, is it under warrenty? Other wise you will need a laptop, VAG software and the cable. Thats before you fix the problem.[/quote']

Cheers for the info I will call in to a skoda dealer tommorrow

Ooops, Just assumed you had an vRS. It's the Anti Spin Regulator.

I wish. The car seems to run fine. But I will take it into my local dealership to let them have a look.

Cheers for the info Everyone

The engine check light has come on but the car runs fine. only thing I have noticed is on tick over it is a little iratic. Has anybody got ideas to what is wrong ? or how turn the light off.

Could be anything - difficult to tell from a post - although it may be that you are now in 'limp-home' mode (erratic idle). Best to get it proffesionally checked as although it might be something really silly that has caused the management light to come on - it may be that damage can occur elsewhere on the car due to operating outside of spec.

Good luck - hope it's just a loose connection :)

AIR the MAF shouldn't bring up a check engine light but it may turn off the ASR, ASR light should also come up.

Fault with the MAF does bring up the CEL.

It did in mine anyway........

VAG-COM would settle the argument.

MAF is more expensive than the temp sensor - part is

Just been to the dealers and he tells me that it is the exhaust gas sensor. Hmm I put some injector cleaner in the tank on saturday. that could have caused the fault. well the cost is a whopping

The MAF does indeed bring on the engine light(dispite what others may say), however when mine was plugged into the computer at the dealer it registered that the lamder probe was faulty which is one of the exhust gas sensors so I was told. This probe was changed three times by the dealer, but the light kept coming on. Then they change the computer to no avail. After several months and many trips to the dealers, they sent for a Skoda expert to have a look he said it was the MAF. They changed it and it was fixed all under warrenty. This is also a problem with other makes too.

well i say that i have changed more maf's then you've probably had hot dinners and in 95% of the cases the managment light hasn't come on :P

If someone has a VAG COM near you and they clear the codes that should turn it off i think, but it will reappear if thefault itself hasn't been sorted. Whereabouts are you?

Hi There Faster Baby

I am in lancashire Near Burnley in a town called Earby. Are there any independent vw/skoda garages in lancashire/yorkshire. I work in west yorkshire so I have plenty of scope I would imagine.

Near to Scunthorpe. Probably a bit far for you to travel.

Yes that is a bit far, but I do work in Batley So you are only about 30 min away from work. Are you free on a friday afternoon As I finish work at 12:30pm.

I'm afraid not, i am in North Yorks Friday so wont be available, unfortunately i'm not on my own then or i could meet you somewhere. Why not put a post in the Diagnostic section and see if anyone has a VAG COM near to you? If you get no joy i'll see what i can do next week.

I'm afraid not, i am in North Yorks Friday so wont be available, unfortunately i'm not on my own then or i could meet you somewhere. Why not put a post in the Diagnostic section and see if anyone has a VAG COM near to you? If you get no joy i'll see what i can do next week.

Thanks, I will post a request. Thank you for your help. :thumbup: