Remapped Vrs vs Cooper S

hello, can somebody tell me if this is correct. I have had my fabia vrs remapped, and i cannot grumble and what gains i feel. But yesterday i came up next to a mini cooper s the supercharged one. And i actually beat it and was still pulling away. It sounded like he was really belting this cooper aswell, could this be correct? it was also very close against a civic type r and yet again i got away?

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Unsure on cooper s my dad refuses to race me lol, but type R was very close against my mate but every time he hit vtec he nudged a tad in front so I'd say no to a type r unless u have a more aggressive map than my shark map.

Unsure on cooper s my dad refuses to race me lol, but type R was very close against my mate but every time he hit vtec he nudged a tad in front so I'd say no to a type r unless u have a more aggressive map than my shark map.

well its running 175bhp and 328tq i believe but i also drove a cooper s and they didnt seem to clever. But im awaiting another type r to come along

id say this was possible with the cooper s but not too sure about the type r. mine has a 150 turbo and decat, mapped accordingly (195hp tops) but i am yet to test it against a type r. i think the vtec kick in will be the deciding part of that race. iv been in cheryl's type r and only think it pulls well when it hits vtec but untill it gets there it isn't amazingly quick and id be inclined to say the torque of the fabia would be slightly better, although im sure cheryl isnt going to like that comment and want to beat me haha

Edited by E11HES

id say this was possible with the cooper s but not too sure about the type r. mine has a 150 turbo and decat, mapped accordingly (195hp tops) but i am yet to test it against a type r. i think the vtec kick in will be the deciding part of that race. iv been in cheryl's type r and only think it pulls well when it hits vtec but untill it gets there it isn't amazingly quick and id be inclined to say the torque of the fabia would be slightly better, although im sure cheryl isnt going to like that comment and want to beat me haha

Haha well mate you shall have to let me know how it goes, the newer shape type r is dreadfull as far as im concerned, compared with the old one. My friend has a astra t9 ( theres only 20 ever made) its like a 888 but a tad better and thats a 1.9tdi and its running 200bhp apparently and when we tried a type r in that, it just was not a race!!

i personally dont rate the type r that much, cant be doing with having to drive at silly revs to go anywhere and i dont think they pull that well untill vtec so thats why i think the diesel would match it. pretty sure someone will be here to argue for the petrol soon enough :)

Guest BigJase88

as soon as a diesel fabia passes 200bhp it will rip a type r...

with 200bhp (pre re-remap) i could still pull away from them, from a standing start was the best, as they dont have vtec low down (yes a diesel can get off the line quickly)

be warned though, i am now banned for 'street racing' happy days!

i personally dont rate the type r that much, cant be doing with having to drive at silly revs to go anywhere and i dont think they pull that well untill vtec so thats why i think the diesel would match it. pretty sure someone will be here to argue for the petrol soon enough :)

the petrol heads make me laugh now as they used to slag my diesels off but all off a sudden they have all got diesels haha ;)

with 200bhp (pre re-remap) i could still pull away from them, from a standing start was the best, as they dont have vtec low down (yes a diesel can get off the line quickly)

Ohh yes only in a saf place :) its just most of the people that drive type r's are cocks, and to see there faces while i glide past with shed lods of smoke would make my day, and probabl the rest of the people on the roads lol

uhoh i predict 10 pages and a thread lock :S

+1 lol :rofl:

ill fight for you jase lol you can use my profile lol

why do people always moan about these type of theads?? i love um, any experiance people have whilst on the road should be able to discuse freely on here its all part of the fun!keep um comin i say

i could see it being possible, my ex has a an 04 plate cooper s with a smaller supercharge pulley and while i was in a standard form vrs she did only just get in front of me ( on a private road of course )

i think comparing any standard car to a modified car isnt fair really, ive had both a standard type r a standard vrs before i modified both, my shark remapped vrs would possibly have been close to my standard type r [until you hit a corner!] but compare them both in modified form though and then see the results..... emoticon-0105-wink.gif CTR FTW ! shame they dont do a 5door type r with cheap tax and insurance or i might still have 1 emoticon-0102-bigsmile.gif

With a re-map, your Fabia will have similar BHP, but a world more torque, so pulling through the gears there's no reason why you should't keep up or even pass, Ive certainly bullied Cooper S's down motorway sliproads. The weight of a vrs will be against you, but then thats what 300ft/lb torque is for!

And forget civic type R's, thats childs play, 2.2 Accord type R's are where its really at...

My remapped VRS was previously owned by my parents, and during that time I owned a standard 03 CTR. On roads where acceleration comparisons were sensible I had no difficulty in keeping up with the VRS. I was however almost always in, or near, the Vtec zone as I was expecting a bit of father/son competition. I think if he had caught me off-guard it might have been a different matter...

Iv'e sat on the arse of an Integra Type R from about 60mph up to a decent speed, could hear him constantly dropping a gear to keep his ass in vTEC.... Saying that I am a totally in love with Jap cars, and to be fair that wasn't the quickest Teg I have ever seen. :thumbup:

I personally think a race doesn't just consist of a straight line.

The type-r's are amazing cars round a track and the best thing about it is you don't have to mess with them.

I love my furby vrs but they require maps and suspension mods etc to bring the best out of them, a type-r you can just drive how it is and you will love it.

The only bad thing with type-r's is having to spend thousands to get 30bhp out of it lol.

The only bad thing with type-r's is having to spend thousands to get 30bhp out of it lol.

You can get a good 30-40 bhp and even a few extra torques emoticon-0178-rock.gif [lol] quite easily really, but its the improved driveability with a Hondata k-pro ecu dropping the vtec to around 4k .... add that to a de-cat 4-2-1 manifold, 2.5' exh system,and decent air intake and finally a decent custom map you get a totally different beast for just over a grand @ 2nd hand prices from ctr forum [and you can still sell the bits on again afterwards for similar £ !! ] emoticon-0148-yes.gif not that im slating a Vrs as thats what im driving nowadays of cause and its a decent little motor emoticon-0148-yes.gif

Edited by MarkMac