is this phone ok for the Octy Bluetooth?

Currently using a Samsung phone in my vRS octy with factory bluetooth.

Calls work perfect. No text though as I think the phone is too old school emoticon-0136-giggle.gif

Anyhow, Phone has seen better days and as I am not a heavy user I do not require anything elaborate.

Plain and simple

I liked the look of this one >> Vodafone

Would it work fine in the Octy?

Cheers for any infoemoticon-0148-yes.gif

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Depends which Bluetooth you have?

Is it the GSMIII which only has RSAP or is it the HFP and RSAP model (bought in around July 2010 i think)?

If it is RSAP only then the only RSAP compatible Android phone i am aware of is the Samsung Galaxy S which is why i ended up with one.

You can get RSAP working on other Android devices i believe with Apps and i think that you maybe have to root it.

If you have the HFP then it will work but wont be as good as it wont use the antenna on the car or import your phonebook. You will also not recieve text messages.

I am sure some Android experts will be along to tell you what you need to do to get RSAP working though :thumbup:

Depends which Bluetooth you have?

Is it the GSMIII which only has RSAP or is it the HFP and RSAP model (bought in around July 2010 i think)?

If it is RSAP only then the only RSAP compatible Android phone i am aware of is the Samsung Galaxy S which is why i ended up with one.

You can get RSAP working on other Android devices i believe with Apps and i think that you maybe have to root it.

If you have the HFP then it will work but wont be as good as it wont use the antenna on the car or import your phonebook. You will also not recieve text messages.

I am sure some Android experts will be along to tell you what you need to do to get RSAP working though :thumbup:

Thanks

Car was built September 2010 so should have the HFP ?? Is there some way I can check?

Thanks

Car was built September 2010 so should have the HFP ?? Is there some way I can check?

Will be HFC then i would have thought - especially as your old samsung works but doesn't display texts. What do you get displayed on the screen of the Bolero when you press the phone button? do you get the operator and signal bar?

What do you get displayed on the screen of the Bolero when you press the phone button? do you get the operator and signal bar?

On Bolero :

Call List

Speed dial

Operator

Signal

I get the signal bar

Battery level

Bluetooth

etc. on Maxidot as well

The rSAP app available on Android Market only works for HTC Android smartphones.

If your car has the GSM III+ bluetooth module then just about any phone will work using HFP. I have tried both, rSAP is far superior giving full functionality of the car kit & much better signal since it uses the cars gsm aerial as opposed to the phones, which of course is less effective when inside a metal box.

I would therefore suggest HTC or the Samsung Galaxy s if you want an Android handset.

Just for info I am using a HTC Desire, brilliant phone!

Edited by VRS DSG

Check compatibility here: http://www.android-rsap.com/compatibility.html

On a personal note, I would stay away from branded phones of any operator as they are badly customized and have little support on the internet. Either HTC or Samsung would be good (pending money).

My Scout is April 2010 and it got only GSMIII, but i installed a GSMIII+ module due to having got a Iphone 4 from work and also have a HTC TouchHD WinMobile which works on rSap superbly. As VRS DSG said, there is no comparison between rSap and HFP as rSap is supreme in quality, thought with HFP you should be able to play music through Bluetooth.

My Scout is April 2010 and it got only GSMIII, but i installed a GSMIII+ module due to having got a Iphone 4 from work

Well, My sons iPhone4 connects in my car so am I to assume it has GSM111+ fitted?

That'll be a big fat yes! GSM III+ it is. IPhone doesn't support rSAP.

GSM III+ is great for increased compatibility but honestly rSAP connectivity is the way to go if you can.

The only problem you might get with any Android phone is Google contacts crashing the bluetooth system as per my post GSM III+ Bluetooth & Android problem. I presume that you have read that since you posted on it!

I don't know how many others have problems with Google contacts.

The compatibility list posted above is really not very good, sorry slipstream, by the time they publish them they are already out if date. I read the date on the list as June 2010 and yet no HTC desire on there which was released in the UK in April 2010. IPhone4 isn't on there because it released later in June 2010.

The list also shows all the Nokia phones as using HFP when it's pretty certain most of them would use rSAP since Nokia developed the rSAP protocol.

Good ol' Skoda documentation!

Edited by VRS DSG

I also believe that the only way to get text messages on the Maxidot is via RSAP connectivity, since in HFP mode all the kit becomes is a giant bluetooth headset. In RSAP mode the kit is the phone, so behaves exactly like one.

Yes with rSap you get sms on maxidot, also on Columbus you get a nice full screen keyboard to send & read sms.

Do you? How do you get that? I fitted my Columbus after I bought the car.

I feel dumb here now..

Is there a difference between SAP and rSAP?

You need the latest bluetooth module to send / receive SMS from the columbus, I cannot send from my module but can receive via maxidot only.

SAP and RSAP are the same thing.

if i buy this then >> Noklia

Do I get all features through bluetooth in the car?

ie.

Calls

Phone book

Text msg's

etc.

Cheers

if i buy this then >> Noklia

Do I get all features through bluetooth in the car?

ie.

Calls

Phone book

Text msg's

etc.

Cheers

Yes, the spec quotes SAP (Sim Access Profile) on the Bluetooth connectivity

A2DP, AVRCP, DUN, FTP, GAP, GAVDP, GOEP, HFP, HSP, OPP, PAN, PBAP, SAP, SDAP, SPP

I think PBAP is phonebook access profile which is what is required for the car to access the phonebook. So that with SAP = The Nokia should work. :thumbup:

Edited by VRS DSG

Great stuff.

Thanks guys.

As I said. Basic phone is all I need.emoticon-0148-yes.gif

You're welcome & good luck.

My final piece of advice would be to try to buy from somewhere that will give you a satisfaction guarantee so you could return the phone should you have any problems. (not that you should)

Nokia invented RSAP and iirc all their phones are RSAP compatible.

You're welcome & good luck.

My final piece of advice would be to try to buy from somewhere that will give you a satisfaction guarantee so you could return the phone should you have any problems. (not that you should)

Already sorted.

Good friend working in the phone shop emoticon-0148-yes.gif

hi guys.

Back again emoticon-0114-dull.gif

Was in the phone shop today and was asked if any of these two phones would interest me?

They could not tell me in the shop if they had Rsap.

Anyone here Can enlighten me? Or had I better stick with the Nokia ?

Samsung

Xperia X8

Sorry If I seem like a lazy sod and not searching but i have no idea as to where to look