News on ordered vRS's

Ok so what if like me you don't want the black pack as IMO it looks naff and a bit halfords.

I didn't order it and (if) when my car turns up I will me most annoyed if it's not what I ordered !!!!!

Grrrrr

Tunbridge Wells? thats OK, we're far enough apart to retain our individual exclusivity. Although I do occasionally go to Spa ind. est. for work.

I have mine, delivered about 3 weeks ago, done about 900 miles so far. Love it.

For a road car it's pretty quick, fairly well specced, and at that price terrific value. I have cruise as my only option and as it's a company car I can't really mod it at all, not that I would anyway, not my cup of tea. I get my speed thrills away from public roads.

Enjoy yours when it comes.

Ok so what if like me you don't want the black pack as IMO it looks naff and a bit halfords.

I didn't order it and (if) when my car turns up I will me most annoyed if it's not what I ordered !!!!!

Grrrrr

3 choices here, tell them you dont want it (form an orderly queue behind dickyd), see if anyone on here with the original grill would swap or grow to love it like im sure you will

you might even get some freebies if you can moan enough at your dealer

Grrrrr

Feelings are split about the black pack, I sure if you put on here you had a black pack grill you wanted to swap of a chrome one someone would do the a swap with you. The other option would be to buy the chrome grill and put the black pack on eBay or the like.

But as Mad Monk says complain to the dealer you may get something out of them

Feelings are split about the black pack, I sure if you put on here you had a black pack grill you wanted to swap of a chrome one someone would do the a swap with you. The other option would be to buy the chrome grill and put the black pack on eBay or the like.

But as Mad Monk says complain to the dealer you may get something out of them

Looking on the Skoda european website ( ie not the.co.uk one ) the black pack appears to be a no cost option, I just hope they ask me as I think I would explode if I went to pick it up and it had it on !! KABOOOOOM

Will do - any pics of the beast to whet my appetite :D

Afraid not, nothing special to see anyway, standard wheels, no black pack, no coloured roof, probably hundreds of pics on the web.

The black pack seems to be reaching mythical status on here at the moment. I'd wait and see what arrives before ordering the grill. The dealers don't even seem to know what is happening.

agreed. bit ridiculous how it seems every dealer in the network has different information on the subject...

but like you said i wont be ordering the grill until i see what turns up, silver one isnt exactly terrible anyway.

Ad Lav, if your near Janner you can't be too far away from me, I'm to the west of Medway but close enough for my son to go to school there. When yours arrives that'll be 2 White vRS estates in North Kent, that I know of.

I might have to get shot of it, becoming far too common.:D

oh jesus, im in medway too and ive got a white one...

but like you said i wont be ordering the grill until i see what turns up, silver one isnt exactly terrible anyway.

I agree it’s down to personal taste and colour of your car. I’m getting a Red vrs with black wheels and roof. The Monte in my dealers showroom, with the same colour scheme, looked much better with the black pack than the than the ex-demo VRS in the same colures with chrome grill. I can’t see it working as well with some of the colours or anything with a white roof though.

Doesn’t really matter to me now though got a confirmed build week 20 so more than likely I’m getting a chrome grill. But to be honest I’m just glad I’m getting it so quickly when you see some of the delays on here.

Grrrrr

+ 1 If mine turns up with the black pack after a six month wait, I shall have to run outside the dealership and scream very loudly

I'm a bit confused when you say 2012 order you mean 2012 spec or you will have to wait until next year? I thnk if that is the case i'll run my mark 1. Vrs into the ground though the deals on these with 5% VAT ( though be you could talk the dealer into 0%) sound tempting. I was lucky 5 years ago i got my car within a month.

• 2 weeks later...

+ 1 If mine turns up with the black pack after a six month wait, I shall have to run outside the dealership and scream very loudly

I will swap you if mine turns up with chrome.

My Dealer are charging me £150 for the black pack as mine gets built on Week 21 (not happy!). It's only that price because they agreed to contribute £150 towards the cost and they costed at ~£300 for the bits. Managed to get them to chuck in some mats too - not really unreasonable considering I'm buying a virtually fully loaded car. Edit: The cheeky sods wanted to charge me extra for fitting the parts too so I'm having to do it myself!

One thing that has struck me about this whole shambolic process is that there is no consistency within Skoda as to how customers are treated and when cars get built. I can't even see that it would be down to a specific part being out of stock either as, like I said, I am having everything except the Sunroof!

Edited by B3ats