Stolen Citroen 2CV

Hi all,

Just a heads-up on behalf of a friend on another forum.

''I'm posting this in the (probably slim) hope that someone might be able to help.

My friend's Dad had his 2CV stolen in the early hours of Wednesday morning (11th) May from the garage where it was having some work/MOT done.

It is red with a black roof, stainless steel rear bumper & hubcaps.

1987 with reg D 105 NAT

Stolen from Ludford in Lincolnshire.

Please pass this around any other car forums you belong to if you don't mind.

Will try and get some pics.

If you have any info please email [email protected]

Thanks

Natalie''

Andrew

Those are rare these days.....I take it the colour description is accurate as my dad had one that was red (burgundy) with a black roof but with black wheel arches and swoopy black details as it was the very rare "Charleston" version. Is the owner of this a bloke in his late 50s to 60s wears glasses and a black flat sailors cap, and has white/grey hair?? B)

Are they worth anything?

Or likely to have been grabbed because it'll be an easy steal and it might be dumped in an industrial estate nearby after being ragged (as far as you can rag a 2CV) round a bit.

Are they worth anything?

Or likely to have been grabbed because it'll be an easy steal and it might be dumped in an industrial estate nearby after being ragged (as far as you can rag a 2CV) round a bit.

Appreciating classic mate, so yes :o

Are they worth anything?

Very much so, there are only 3 listed on autotrader, the cheapest one in not very good nick is 2.5K, and the other 2 are £3.2K and £4K.

Very much so, there are only 3 listed on autotrader, the cheapest one in not very good nick is 2.5K, and the other 2 are £3.2K and £4K.

I bet the 4k one was a "Charleston" version!!!....Bugger my dads old heap is worth more than mine :'(

They used to race them.....

And the wife want's another for a town car :)

There is a company down the road from us that refurbs them.........

Ah man, I'd be angry to have a retro classic like this swiped off me. More so than a brand new car I'd say; you'll never have another one like it.

My dad's always been a big fan of the 2cv in all its ridiculousness... If it wasn't for his health I'd probably try and get hold of one for him! (no, not like that!)

Hope the guy gets a nice payout through insurance, though I imagine it'd not be near to the potential 'classic' value of the car??

If the poor car is going to meet its demise, I hope it takes the thieves with it. Scum. :thumbdown:

Because they are fun and different.

I have great memories of spending the summer hols walking in the Lakes with my dad....traveling up the M6?? in his 2CV "Charlston" version was just a bit scary as you hit terminal velocity of 70mph!! But the best was going over the Hogs back and Wry Nose Pass.....fantastic lean angles on the corners!!!!

Remember the James Bond film "Never say Never" (Sean Connery's remake of Thunderball) and the yellow Diane (later version of the 2CV)...my dad almost bought one of the (ex) stunt cars from a garage in London....trouble was the insurance....any modifications sir???....yep...much bigger engine...part roll cage.....road legal stunt car......hmmmmmm :giggle:

• 2 weeks later...

I have great memories of spending the summer hols walking in the Lakes with my dad....traveling up the M6?? in his 2CV "Charlston" version was just a bit scary as you hit terminal velocity of 70mph!! But the best was going over the Hogs back and Wry Nose Pass.....fantastic lean angles on the corners!!!!

Remember the James Bond film "Never say Never" (Sean Connery's remake of Thunderball) and the yellow Diane (later version of the 2CV)...my dad almost bought one of the (ex) stunt cars from a garage in London....trouble was the insurance....any modifications sir???....yep...much bigger engine...part roll cage.....road legal stunt car......hmmmmmm :giggle:

Dont you mean 71.4mph ?? (official top speed :rofl:)