How Long - From order to delivery?

My quote with the lease company (for company car) has been confirmed today and it is likely that the order will be placed with the dealer early next week. Apaprently Skoda are quoting to them 20-25 week delivery time - so that's mid October at the earliest.

Nothing special - just a Superb Estate 2.0 TDi CR 140 SE in white with sunset glass and heated seats.

I go on holiday 13th October - hope it comes before then!

Update from the lease company - will now likely be Mid-November but can see that stretching further :thumbdown:

• Replies 233
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

21st May 2011

Confirmed in my own mind that I wanted a new Superb, but slightly concerned about some of the horror stories I read in this forum. Having purchased last 6 cars as new top spec cars I was anticipating 3 months, which has been the norm in my experience (Ford, VW, Renault).

23rd May 2011

Order placed with dealer.

Škoda Superb Estate [Combi] CR170 DSG Elegance, Petrol Blue [Lava Blue]. (Petrol Blue ordered unseen, as Storm Blue discontinued).

Options: (11) electric boot, mats, heated washer nozzles, kessy, mdi, sunset glass, rear blinds, auto dim mirror, heated windscreen, park assist, upgraded sound system.

Estimated build week 34 (22/8). Estimated delivery week 38 (19/9).

31st May 2011

Changed Petrol Blue to Amethyst Purple. (Wasn't keen on Petrol Blue when I saw it)

Dealer says order not yet confirmed.

16th June 2011

Added ventilated seats option to order.

Dealer says order not yet confirmed.

17th June 2011

Dealer says order confirmed.

Build week 35 (29/8).

If all goes according to plan, that will be 14 weeks from showroom order to build date and that seems quite reasonable to me. And yes, I know "IF" is a big word!

SuperborNot - my Škoda dealer anticipates 3-4 weeks from build date to handing me the keys, so yes, 3rd July to September does sound ludicrous.

Edited by BillyJim

Received surprise email today confirming a build date. Perhaps Skoda are listening to customer complaints regarding deliveries.

SKODA SUPERB DIESEL ESTATE 2.0 TDI CR 170 Elegance 5d DSG

Rosso Brunello, second colour choice Amethyst Purple, but no indication RB is not available.

Leather - Ivory with black carpets,

3 spoke multifunction steering wheel with audio and phone controls and gearshift paddles,

Auto dimming rear view mirror,

Electric boot release + automatic retractable parcel shelf,

Floor mats,

Heated washer nozzles,

Keyless entry and start, Metallic,

Mobile device interface,

Park Assist,

Space saver spare wheel,

Sunset glass,

Upgraded sound system,

Wood decor

Panoramic Roof

Ordered date 4 May 2011

Build date received 22 June 2011

"Build/production week for your vehicle is week 35.2011, which is the week commencing 22.08.2011"

Received surprise email today confirming a build date. Perhaps Skoda are listening to customer complaints regarding deliveries.SKODA SUPERB DIESEL ESTATE 2.0 TDI CR 170 Elegance 5d DSGRosso Brunello, second colour choice Amethyst Purple, but no indication RB is not available.Leather - Ivory with black carpets, 3 spoke multifunction steering wheel with audio and phone controls and gearshift paddles, Auto dimming rear view mirror, Electric boot release + automatic retractable parcel shelf, Floor mats,Heated washer nozzles,Keyless entry and start, Metallic,Mobile device interface,Park Assist,Space saver spare wheel, Sunset glass, Upgraded sound system,Wood decorPanoramic RoofOrdered date 4 May 2011Build date received 22 June 2011"Build/production week for your vehicle is week 35.2011, which is the week commencing 22.08.2011"

Lucky git.....

Yes, lucky man. I've had to waot so much longer, the only difference being essentially that I ordered 4x4 and left out the panoramic roof that, frankly, I wish I'd forked out for now. Ordered Christmas, due mid to end July.

SKODA SUPERB ESTATE Elegance 2.0Tdi/CR/170/DSG

Black Magic Pearlescent

Mobile Device Interface

Heated Front Windscreen

Upgraded Sound System

Variable Boot Floor

Sunset Privacy Glass

18” “LUXON” wheels

Onyx Leather

Ordered 10/06/11

No build date yet...

Superb Estate SE 2.0 TDI 140 manual

Amazonian Green

Soundsystem

Heated front seats

Heated front screen

Auto dimming mirror

Rear side window sunblinds

Floor Mats

Company car order placed on 16th Feb and was told 4 to 5 months. My fleet manager was until very recently expecting it to arrive in late June/early July, but he phoned me today to say that Skoda have been in touch to say that it has now moved into the 2012 model year. This means a change of colour choice, so I have gone for Amethyst Purple. I was beginning to have doubts about the green, so it has been a good opportunity to change. The fleet manager said that it could well be September before I see my car. The only ray of hope is that if Skoda are now confirming the colour, perhaps they are thinking of getting around to building it relatively soon. Who knows? The wait goes on...

Superb Hatch SE 2.0 TDI 140 DSG

Stock spec and ordered 10th March. Have just had a build confirmed of Week 29 (11th July), so hoping to get hold of it early to mid August.

Can't wait!!

i talk again with my agent an he told me that the reason that the delivery is so slow is because of 4x4 system.

As you know 4x4 is haldex and is not build by vw group.

Hi all

First post but been roaming the forum for a while.

Ordered my Superb Elegance Estate 2.0TDI CR 170PS manual in silver with auto dimming rearview mirror, mats, spare wheel and sun set glass on 03/04/2011.

It was given a build week of week 24 (13th - 19th June), ETA to the UK week 28 (11th - 17 July) ans ETA to dealer of week 29 (18th - 24th July).

The car was built to the stated build week and I have just had confirmation from the dealer today that the car is in the UK and they are just waiting for it to be transported from the port to the dealers. This might mean that I will get it by the end of the week. Here is hopeing as if I cant pick it up this saturday I won't be able to pick it up for two weeks as I am away on business.

If it turns up this week it will be 14 weeks from order to delivery.

My farther ordered a Superb Elegance Estate 2.0TDI CR 140PS DSG in Cappuccino with auto dimming rearview mirror, mats and spare wheel the same day I ordered mine.

He was given a provisional build date of the end of July but has now been moved to the end of August. Reason given by the dealer for the change in build date is due to the DSG.

Will give you an update when I get more information about my delivery date and any movements in my farther dates.

Cheers

Anthony

i order on April a skoda superb combi 4x4 tdi 170 hp with sunroof and other 13 optionals.

For the last 3 weeks the estimation build date remain the same and it is week 43. (Before of this, this estimation was change weekly).

I'm wandering if i'm the only one with this build date or are other too close to this week?

i order on April a skoda superb combi 4x4 tdi 170 hp with sunroof and other 13 optionals.

For the last 3 weeks the estimation build date remain the same and it is week 43. (Before of this, this estimation was change weekly).

I'm wandering if i'm the only one with this build date or are other too close to this week?

I ordered Superb Elegance combi CR170 4x4 with various options on 16 May, build week is 43! Perhaps Skoda build certain configurations in batches, e.g. RHD, combi body, 4x4, etc.

Chris

Trying to get any information out of my lease company is like getting blood out of a stone!

The order date on my driver section of the lease company portal appears to have moved from 19th May to 8th July. I hope the build hasn't been delayed by a similar amount. I'm awaiting an update from the lease company. :doh:

My quote with the lease company (for company car) has been confirmed today and it is likely that the order will be placed with the dealer early next week. Apaprently Skoda are quoting to them 20-25 week delivery time - so that's mid October at the earliest.

Nothing special - just a Superb Estate 2.0 TDi CR 140 SE in white with sunset glass and heated seats.

I go on holiday 13th October - hope it comes before then!

Hi all

First post but been roaming the forum for a while.

Ordered my Superb Elegance Estate 2.0TDI CR 170PS manual in silver with auto dimming rearview mirror, mats, spare wheel and sun set glass on 03/04/2011.

It was given a build week of week 24 (13th - 19th June), ETA to the UK week 28 (11th - 17 July) ans ETA to dealer of week 29 (18th - 24th July).

The car was built to the stated build week and I have just had confirmation from the dealer today that the car is in the UK and they are just waiting for it to be transported from the port to the dealers. This might mean that I will get it by the end of the week. Here is hopeing as if I cant pick it up this saturday I won't be able to pick it up for two weeks as I am away on business.

If it turns up this week it will be 14 weeks from order to delivery.

My farther ordered a Superb Elegance Estate 2.0TDI CR 140PS DSG in Cappuccino with auto dimming rearview mirror, mats and spare wheel the same day I ordered mine.

He was given a provisional build date of the end of July but has now been moved to the end of August. Reason given by the dealer for the change in build date is due to the DSG.

Will give you an update when I get more information about my delivery date and any movements in my farther dates.

Cheers

Anthony

An update to the post last week.

I got a call from the dealee on Friday of last week. My car is with them at last :rofl:

I went and had a look at it on Saturday and signed the registration paperwork. All the extras I ordered are on the car which is a relief. Unfortunately, due to me being away all this week, I am unable to be able to pick it up until this Sunday. I can't wait and am counting down the days.

Will put up some pictures once I pick it up.

Anthony

picked up my superb 1.8tsi 4x4 elegance on the 1st of July. In total it took 18 weeks to get to me.

Its pacific blue, which i hadn't seen in the flesh so to speak, but im really pleased with. The colour seems to suit the style of the car really well, not sure how it would look on a combi though.

I also ordered a spare wheel, sunset glass (not worth it), hill hold (good), mdi for ipod (possibly a bit redundant if you use sd cards), heated screen (not used obviously but have high hopes!) auto dimming mirror (ok) and KESSY ( good, works with memory seats too! )

Not many miles on the clock yet, but off to north wales next week for a holiday so i'll put a good few on then. Keeping a close eye on mpg. Im also trying to change gear when it advises me to do so, this is generally earlier thab i normally would, but it seems to have a positive effect on mpg.

Overall i am absolutley chuffed to bits with it.

Finally some good news from the SUK Customer Services! "I have received confirmation from the Factory that your vehicle will be built in the week commencing the 18th July 2011. Once the vehicle has been built, you should expect to take delivery within 3-4 weeks thereafter."

Octavia Scout originally ordered way back 16 Nov 2010.........

Hi all

Not happy at the moment ordered my Superb Combi 170 CR 4x4 in Jan for pick up on 29 Jul just been told today that the car still hasn't been issued a build week yet and i may not get the car until Oct - Nov time. I may consider cancelling the order this is just to long to wait i already have a Superb Combi 170 CR it is a great car but almost a year to build it as i am now losing trade in value on my current Superb. What can i do about this as i feel i have been lead down the garden path with the delivery date and there is no guartee for the delivery date being as soon as Oct - Nov.

rabmurray121 i think your car will be build in 43 week.

This is the date when this type of cars will be build (superb combi 170 cr 4x4 with extras).

I believe that if you order now this type of configuration you will be lucky and it will come in 3 months :D

rabmurray121 i think your car will be build in 43 week.

This is the date when this type of cars will be build (superb combi 170 cr 4x4 with extras).

I believe that if you order now this type of configuration you will be lucky and it will come in 3 months :D

Are you psychic or do you work for Skoda?

I ordered at the beginning of May (Greenline Estate with some extras) and have been told I won't get an estimate of build date until August.

DH- Leeds and what have to do your Greenline Estate with superb combi 170 4x4 ?

As far as i know this cars are build in lots.

the lot with the superb combi 4x4 with 170 hp engine i think is build twice a year. One build date was in march i believe and one build date it will be in week 43( the end of October).

i don't understand what you wanted to say with "Are you psychic or do you work for Skoda?" maybe is reefer to you.

All the modern car production lines I have seen do not build in batches, they just build each car in turn, to the ordered specification, with the relevant parts arriving at the production line at exactly the right moment. On the Jaguar XJ line I saw, a black LHD LWB diesel car might follow a blue SWB RHD petrol car down the line, followed by a red RHD SWB diesel and so on. Other production lines I have seen operate in the same way.

The only thing which might alter this is a shortage of DSG gearboxes, or sunroofs. That aside, I cannot imagine that VW would build in batches.

The only thing which might alter this is a shortage of DSG gearboxes, or sunroofs. That aside, I cannot imagine that VW would build in batches.
Whilst I can see they do not build in batches they do assign allocations and allocate so many orders from each geographic area per quarter. They must then match the orders to parts already available on the production line and those they know they can get to the production line. If there is a shortage of a particular part then they will obviously put vehicles using that part to the back of the queue.

I was told by a Citroen dealer once that rather than stop the line for Xsara Picasso models they kept producing them without the sunroof (which was not available but part of the car spec) so a whole batch of them arrived not matching what was ordered or expected. It was the dealers who then had to cope with all the issues arising from this.

I suppose each manufacturer works in a slightly different way, from reading things on online Toyota seem to work to a 1 month allocation cycle whilst VAG use a quarterly allocation cycle.

DH- Leeds and what have to do your Greenline Estate with superb combi 170 4x4 ?

As far as i know this cars are build in lots.

the lot with the superb combi 4x4 with 170 hp engine i think is build twice a year. One build date was in march i believe and one build date it will be in week 43( the end of October).

i don't understand what you wanted to say with "Are you psychic or do you work for Skoda?" maybe is reefer to you.

I was wondering how you knew which week a certain model would be built - I thought maybe you worked at one of the factories.

Do you know which weeks Greeline Estates are built?

DH- Leeds i asked weekly information from my dealer about the estimation of the build date.

From last month the build date was unchanged.

I asked here if is anybody that waits for a car with same specification and it is.

The cars have same specifications (Superb Elegance combi CR170 4x4 with various options ) and have both the same build week : 43.

More of that one order (of the @GWR4936 )is from uk and mine is from Romania.

I think is obvious that they build the cars in batches by some car specification in this case (170 hp engine with 4x4. and maybe can be the sunroof also).