Loud beep when phone connects with Bluetooth

Have searched the manual, but couldn't find the answer there.

Every time my phone connects/disconnects to my Superb with Bluetooth (in other words, every time the iginition is turned on or off) - there is a LOUD beep. The sound is disturbingly loud both for me - and not at least for my (often) sleeping children in the back seat.

So, how can I turn the sound down, or even better, off?

Anyone??

Have searched the manual, but couldn't find the answer there.

Every time my phone connects/disconnects to my Superb with Bluetooth (in other words, every time the iginition is turned on or off) - there is a LOUD beep. The sound is disturbingly loud both for me - and not at least for my (often) sleeping children in the back seat.

So, how can I turn the sound down, or even better, off?

Anyone??

My wife's phone did something like this when connecting to a parrot BT. We solved it by setting the phone to silent when connected to bluetooth

Sinclair

Do you have the Columbus fitted?

Can't help you with how it is done I'm afraid, but it IS possible, my iPhone4 connects (and disconnects) silently and always has done. :thumbup:

Is it not a Phone setting, rather than a car setting? - My dad's Nokia 6700 Does this when connecting to his Parrot. - I think it's a Conformation sound.

Al.

The loud beep comes from the car through the speakers - not the phone.

Haven't tried putting the phone in silent mode to see if that makes any difference - but will surely try it this afternoon (and post the result).

I actually hopes this is not the case, though - as it is easy to forget putting the phone in silent mode when entering the car.

I want a silent, seamless and automatic connection between the phone and my Superb, and don't need a confirming beep every time the phone connects/disconnects.

I do not have Colombus, but Bolero. Initially thought the sound could easily be switched off, but couldn't find any settings for this under "Phone" in the MaxiDot. Nor any info in the manual.

Any further ideas?

Do you have the Columbus fitted?

Can't help you with how it is done I'm afraid, but it IS possible, my iPhone4 connects (and disconnects) silently and always has done. :thumbup:

Do you have your Iphone in silent mode?

Yep, Comes from car speakers with his Parrot Kit too - but is noise made by the phone.

Al.

Yep, Comes from car speakers with his Parrot Kit too - but is noise made by the phone.

Al.

I have just had the bluetooth module on my Superb (columbus) replaced (car 1 month old).

Prior to the change I had the beep (which I liked) but now it is gone.

If any body discovers how to turn it off, can you post as I would like to turn it on.

In case anybody is interested,

the dealer told me that the possible reason for the failure of the original unit was my phone was set to receive Emails !.

They were having failures on units fitted to Scoda, VW and mercs with HTC, Iphone4, and, blackberry phones.

Fernrock

Haven't tried putting the phone in silent mode to see if that makes any difference - but will surely try it this afternoon (and post the result).

I actually hopes this is not the case, though - as it is easy to forget putting the phone in silent mode when entering the car.

I want a silent, seamless and automatic connection between the phone and my Superb, and don't need a confirming beep every time the phone connects/disconnects.

I do not have Colombus, but Bolero. Initially thought the sound could easily be switched off, but couldn't find any settings for this under "Phone" in the MaxiDot. Nor any info in the manual.

Any further ideas?

i think it is a conformation to say "i'm connected". With putting the phone on silent, i meant set the bluetooth profile to silent, this way the phone doesn't ring when receiving a call only the bluetooth

Hi again!

Tried putting the phone in silent mode, but the beep (or should I rather say "two tones") was still there...

Rather interesting that Fernrock's sound disappeared after replacement of the Colombus-unit... Don't know what to make of that...

Hi again!

Tried putting the phone in silent mode, but the beep (or should I rather say "two tones") was still there...

Rather interesting that Fernrock's sound disappeared after replacement of the Colombus-unit... Don't know what to make of that...

I expect that this is a function of the bluetooth unit rather than the phone or Columbus/Bolero head units.

It has irritated me too, particulary when I arrive home in the wee hours. I have a Blackberry by the way and switching it to silent makes not difference.

Next door have an Audi A4 Avant with the same bluetooth kit. Not sure what phone they have, but it makes the exact same connection and disconnection noises and there's is loud too. I can here it in the house when they pull up on their drive next door!

Also if you turn the engine off but leave the key in the ignition, the columbus has a tendency to switch itself off, disconnect the bluetooth (queue irritating sound) then siwtch itself on again and reconnect the bluetooth (irritating sound another time).....and when you finally take the key out the ignition you get the disconnecting sound yet again!

Hi again!

Hi!

Easy peasy! When the PLONG comes around next time, just turn down the volume by the on/of/volume knob on your unit (Bolero with sound system in my case). During turning the knob the unit shows another symbol (telephone? speaker?) on the volume bar and there is the chance to turn it down. It will not get totally quiet but good enough, just plong. Seems to work...

/Superbjoser

Edited by Superbjoser

You can also just press the left hand scroll wheel once, and then scroll the volume down to an acceptable level and hey presto next time the phone syncs the bong is not so loud. :thumbup:

BUT just like the horrid one volume setting for everything on an iPhone this ALSO sets the volume to what you hear when people are talking to you on the phone! Doh!!!!!!!! So when you have a nice low volume sync bong you will also not be able to hear people when the speak to you as you are driving. So you turn the volume up to be greated by a very load bong next time the car syncs....... Very clever Škoda, very. You must have designed this rediculous feature with Mr Steve Jobs when he decided the alarm, ring tones, speaker volume and everything also needs only one setting..... :thumbdown:

You can also just press the left hand scroll wheel once, and then scroll the volume down to an acceptable level and hey presto next time the phone syncs the bong is not so loud. :thumbup:

BUT just like the horrid one volume setting for everything on an iPhone this ALSO sets the volume to what you hear when people are talking to you on the phone! Doh!!!!!!!! So when you have a nice low volume sync bong you will also not be able to hear people when the speak to you as you are driving. So you turn the volume up to be greated by a very load bong next time the car syncs....... Very clever Škoda, very. You must have designed this rediculous feature with Mr Steve Jobs when he decided the alarm, ring tones, speaker volume and everything also needs only one setting..... :thumbdown:

I have set my "bong" sound at a nice low volume, but I still have louder sound when talking to people, so it can be done!

Using iPhone 4 of course, what else ;-)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by Dekagon

Probably so but thats the security thinking by Skoda, you have to stand still (silence!) by the road to use the phone. :rofl:

As you surly understand I seldom use the phone in the car. On longer trips yes, but not on the every day driving.

/Superbjoser

Yeehaa! I will try this as soon as I get home from work :D

Thank you, Superbjoser! (how did you find this out, anyway??)

John

Well, didn't your dealer get in contact with you after have spent weeks of researching for a solution? :D

Mine did... (and I've gave him a tip or two from this forum...)

Let us know if it works for you.

/Superbjoser

Let us know if it works for you.

Well, sadly it really didn't help that much :(

As 900000 wrote, this also sets the volume to what you hear when people are talking to you on the phone. So, you turn the volume up to hear - and then the loud "bong" is back (unless you are really, really quick to turn the volume down again before hanging up... :doh: )

Was hoping for a more permanent solution. Not sure what to make of the fact that some report not having this sound at all, and some that the "bong" and their speaker-volume is not parallel...

Sigh...

John

Well, sadly it really didn't help that much :(

As 900000 wrote, this also sets the volume to what you hear when people are talking to you on the phone. So, you turn the volume up to hear - and then the loud "bong" is back (unless you are really, really quick to turn the volume down again before hanging up... :doh: )

Was hoping for a more permanent solution. Not sure what to make of the fact that some report not having this sound at all, and some that the "bong" and their speaker-volume is not parallel...

Sigh...

John

Gizmo68 has mentioned to me before that you might be able to delete the pairing noise completely via VCDS... it seems to be the only way to have people speaking to you loud enough and yet not have your ears pop when the phone and car connects every time.

I have not yet needed to look at the coding for the phone, because as i previously mentioned my iPhone4 connects to the Columbus completely silently, so it must be possible.

Have you tried a different phone? Something that's not an iPhone, just to rule out the phone giving a command to beep?

Al.

Not in this car no, but the iPhone4 DID have the confirmation beep on the Parrot kit in my MKI Superb, so I don't think it has anything to do with the phone setting?

I will however pair SWMBO's Nokia to the car tonight or tomorrow and see if that is also silent or not.

Maybe I got it! On the iPhone, settings - sounds - turn off "change with buttons". Set your "ringer and alerts" to what you like. Then exit settings, press the volume down button to low volume. Now connect the phone to your car and enjoy low connection beep :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk