19" VMR V710 alloy wheels

Should I?  

23 members have voted

1. 1. Should I purchase these wheels?

• Yes
    • No

I have, sitting on my desk at work, an order form from Niche.

It is for a set of 4 19" VMR V710 alloy wheels, fitted with Vredestein Ultrac Sessanta tyres. Total cost is £1699.99. Delivery will be late June, they have to come from the US.

I am intending to send the order form back to Niche today, but the question for the forum between now and 5pm is: Should I order them?

Car is a 2010 Octavia VRS Hatchback in White. I am intending to go for the gunmetal option (only Silver, Gunmetal and Black are available - Black is DEFINITELY not one of the options I would choose).

Tyres will be 225/35/19's - I am choosing the Vredesteins because I have had them before and liked them, there is no point commenting on my choice of tyre on this thread as I am not going to change my mind on them.

So.... should I purchase these wheels! And if so, Gunmetal or Silver?

Cheers!

Andy

Personally I wouldn't spend that sort of money on wheels and tyres as there are other mods I would rather do. I like the vRS OEM alloys so would get those sprayed instead. Also think 19s are too big for the vRS.

Awesome wheels....but £1700 would go a long way towards a KO4 conversion etc...

Gunmetal it has to be, no question. :yes:

The other side to that is, you could keep the wheels when selling, but the KO4 etc would be more difficult. You already have the suspension sussed, so unless you are after more power...why not?

IIRC, you bought the car nearly new, saving a few quid in the process, and when you consider that price includes (decent) tyres it's not quite so bad...DO IT!:)

PS I'll officially hate you if you get them :envy::wub:

My question to you is :

Are you asking our opinion on wether to buy them in terms of the cost or colour??

Personally Cost they aint too bad i paid £1300 for 19's for the BM with Falken tires(we arent talking tires here i know)

Colour gotta be silver, i would also recommend Gtechniq C5 for the wheels too mate, it makes cleaning easier i.e washmitt and shampoo thats how easy, i have my zeniths done in nanolex (same stuff really) and its a breeze to keep clean.

:thumbup:

No, definitely not interested in any more power, it already has a Shark Stage 1 map on it and that is sufficient for me.

My wife also thinks I am mad for paying £1700 on wheels, but I will look after them and if I ever sell the car I can put the standard wheels back on and sell the VMRs separately.

And besides, it's only money, you can't take it with you/there's no pockets in a shroud/this isn't a dress rehersal etc etc.

Bit annoyed i've got to wait nearly 6 weeks for delivery but suppose i'll just need to be patient.

So I won't be getting a xmas card from you then skodaphile? :D

My question to you is :

Are you asking our opinion on wether to buy them in terms of the cost or colour??

Personally Cost they aint too bad i paid £1300 for 19's for the BM with Falken tires(we arent talking tires here i know)

Colour gotta be silver, i would also recommend Gtechniq C5 for the wheels too mate, it makes cleaning easier i.e washmitt and shampoo thats how easy, i have my zeniths done in nanolex (same stuff really) and its a breeze to keep clean.

:thumbup:

It was more a "Am I Aff Ma Heed" type of question, but in all honesty I already knew the answer to that before I started the thread!

Been using that pink poorboys stuff on my wheels in the past, but find it a bit of the pain in the erse to use so how easy is this Gtechiq stuff? Is it a apply/wait to haze/buff off product?

Oh, and the order has now been scanned in and is sitting in my inbox waiting for me to press send! I think Gunmetal is going to be my final choice, hope I don't regret it when they arrive!

Total cost is £1699.99. Delivery will be late June, they have to come from the US.

Have you added import duty and VAT to that price?

Have you added import duty and VAT to that price?

Thats the full delivered price from the company thats importing them, including the tyres and balancing, delivery to me etc.

Ah fair enough if you are going through a UK company that is dealing will all the duty's :thumbup:

Far too many people forget about this and just assume that the price they pay the company in USA is all they need to pay, it is not the exporters responsibility, but the importers :thumbup:

Anyway back on topic £1,700 is not too bad a price if they are want you really want and are top quality.

I know Harry will disagree, but I decided against 19s for general running, partly due to the reduced sidewalk depth, and partly because of the ridiculously expensive tyre cost compared to 18s

Plus my made to measure Compmotives were about £300 cheaper

But if you feel the need, go for it

Quite like those...but the cost is prohibitive and got to be silver too. Aren't they similar to the ones on Baker21's Superb ?

19" rims are OK if your driving round Brands Hatch but not on the pot hole infested roads we pay the pleasure of driving on I think it would be a matter of time before you destroy one of them.

I think the Touring car look is just too extreme for a road car.

35 series tyres have virtually no give on sidewall deflection, so I would go for 18" every time. Tyres are also cheaper or swap the ones you have. Very nice rims all the same.

Look at the WRC rally cars, they use 18" for tarmac use (assuming this is the best compromise for handling/grip).

p.s what is the correct offset for the Octavia vRS II (assume FL model is unchanged) for 8x18 wheels?? 5x112 with 45mm offset or not???