picked up the VRS yesterday......

Flew down to London to get the VRS yesterday after 6 months of waiting: Diesel estate in anthracite with Xenons, Rear sensors and spare wheel. Paid the man the £17400 (thank you, internet brokers!!) and headed on back to Glasgow....

And one day later I still can't wipe the smile off my face :). What a stunning machine it is. The engine is just a wonder and I can't wait until I can properly play with it. Not only that but it's so well put together. My mate who came with me for the jolly owns an Audi A3 and he's now seriously considering swapping.

The only truly depressing part is that now I have to let the wife and kids use it so it'll never be the same again (especially the cream bits of the seats - ouch! - does anyone know of covers that don't look cack?).

For the first time ever in 25 years of driving I actually want to get into a car I own and drive it for the sheer pleasure of driving - and that's exactly what owning a car should be about. (especially having owned a 1.2L corsa for the past 5 years)

thank you Skoda, I love you and want to have your babies ! :D

p.s. There was a new race blue saloon with anthracite wheels in the showroom - that also looked stunning - I wonder who got that :-o ?

p.p.s. After never having seen another anthracite VRS estate on the road ever we passed one on the M6. Was that anyone who visits the site I wonder? Gave us a good chance to look ourselves over (if you see what I mean).

p.p.p.s. How on earth do you VRS owners control the urge to just blat it to licence losing speed when it so wants to go there? :D

orafus congratulations and welcome to the club :thumbup: got mine the other month had it remapped last week (turned a great engine into a FANTASTIC one slight increase in mpg for me too) what a way to break a new car in nice long drive back to Scotland enjoy the new car smell and feel :D get some pics up here for us please mucker!

Same here, took delivery of mine yesterday! 26 week wait, but it's real and is sat outside now! So pleased with it.

good news too for you and same goes as orafus lets see some pics what one exactly did you go for ????? B)

hopefully this'll work....

vrs1.jpg

Oh, and yeti - we're in rutherglen so we're not far from you. Might take you up on that one of these days if I get a spare second! :-D

Edited by orafus

Good man...enjoy. Got 450ish miles on mine now, just come back from Blackpool for a dat trip & can't beleive how good the car is....reasonably quiet considering the size of the tyres etc, the goodies installed, the performance, the trim levels etc etc etc ...ohhh did I mention the engine is a peach?. My wife keeps on asking why I am smiling all the time...dare not tell her or she will want some of the fun as well, but her attitude is 'it's only a car so your going to get dings & knock on it anyway' HELL she is my new love of my life & I aint going to let that happen.

hopefully this'll work....

vrs1.jpg

Oh, and yeti - we're in rutherglen so we're not far from you. Might take you up on that one of these days if I get a spare second! :-D

Love that colour its the one I didnt realise you could get a VRS in when I ordered my race blue one I would have been seriously drawn to that but still love mine :D good health to enjoy it mucker :thumbup: what options did you go for???

enjoy it mate. i cant stop smiling at mine either. everytime i get in the car i just love driving it. 1700 miles in less than month of having it and it is great.

enjoy!!

Glad to see you chose THE best colour :D

Get some Scotchguard type spray for the light coloured seat upholstery-it won't stop the kids making a mess, but it will help prevent stains. :thumbup:

Alternatively, you could get those sections covered in leather by an auto upholstery company.

orafus congratulations and welcome to the club :thumbup: got mine the other month had it remapped last week (turned a great engine into a FANTASTIC one slight increase in mpg for me too) what a way to break a new car in nice long drive back to Scotland enjoy the new car smell and feel :D get some pics up here for us please mucker!

I didn't know that you could get a new CR remapped. Does this entail taking out the ECU and doing a bit of welding :yes:

What are the gains, torque, bhp and economy?

Hi Sneeks - can't say I've seen a red VRS kicking about the south side (and that's not something you'd miss! :D ). But I'll keep an eye out. If you see an anthracite estate with a wailing 2 year old in the back and a very pregnant wife in the front then that'll be me.....

p.s. I've said it once and I'll say it again - what a joy that engine is, and it seems that it keeps getting better the more miles I do. When I get totally used to it I might consider a remap (if it is possible) but for now I'll wait for the grin to fade.... :)

They are mentioned in the first line of the first post :thumbup:

lol by time I finished reading in my insomniac state I forgot :no: