Oil Temp Gauge Fabia vRS

Need a little bit of help guys!

My oil temp gauge on my 2011 plate Fabia vRS isn't working, I thought it might be to do with the fact I don't drive it very far so it doesn't have time to register. Weekend just gone I took the car on a very enjoyable 450 mile round trip, checked the oil gauge and still not registering a temp.

The car went into my local dealership, they couldn't find a fault and told me they have emailed the factory to see if they can advise, they also REMOVED the oil gauge section from my Maxi-Dot. I have now been contacted today and told they didn't email the factory and they want to wait until they get another Fabia vRS in to do a comparision check which could be anytime in the forseable future. The advisor did find it a bit odd that they couldn't find a fault yet removed the section on my display. I have also now phoned Skoda UK and they say it's not a feature on the car but if that's the case why is it on the display?!

I know a few of you have the oil temp gauage working on your vRS's, did any have the same problem I am experiencing or can help in anyway, the car is perfect apart from this!

The car went into my local dealership, they couldn't find a fault and told me they have emailed the factory to see if they can advise, they also REMOVED the oil gauge section from my Maxi-Dot.

Err how did they remove it? Its part of the instrument cluster! :wonder:

Mine works fine, only starts registering a reading above 50C but that normally only takes about 5 minutes of driving. Its a feature of the Maxidot so I dont understand why Skoda UK are saying its not a feature of the car, maybe another call to them is in order.

As far as the dealer waiting for another VRS, sod that for a laugh... they just dont want to do the work as its probably a bugger to get to the sensor. Put a bit of pressure on mate, if thats not working there could be a fault with something else... oil pressure monitor for instance. /shrug

Need a little bit of help guys!

My oil temp gauge on my 2011 plate Fabia vRS isn't working, I thought it might be to do with the fact I don't drive it very far so it doesn't have time to register. Weekend just gone I took the car on a very enjoyable 450 mile round trip, checked the oil gauge and still not registering a temp.

The car went into my local dealership, they couldn't find a fault and told me they have emailed the factory to see if they can advise, they also REMOVED the oil gauge section from my Maxi-Dot. I have now been contacted today and told they didn't email the factory and they want to wait until they get another Fabia vRS in to do a comparision check which could be anytime in the forseable future. The advisor did find it a bit odd that they couldn't find a fault yet removed the section on my display. I have also now phoned Skoda UK and they say it's not a feature on the car but if that's the case why is it on the display?!

I know a few of you have the oil temp gauage working on your vRS's, did any have the same problem I am experiencing or can help in anyway, the car is perfect apart from this!

Mines there but has never shown a temp just dashes, so your not alone. You can switch the oil temp section on or off from your Maxi-dot yourself i think.

Mine works fine, only starts registering a reading above 50C but that normally only takes about 5 minutes of driving. Its a feature of the Maxidot so I dont understand why Skoda UK are saying its not a feature of the car, maybe another call to them is in order.

As far as the dealer waiting for another VRS, sod that for a laugh... they just dont want to do the work as its probably a bugger to get to the sensor. Put a bit of pressure on mate, if thats not working there could be a fault with something else... oil pressure monitor for instance. /shrug

I'm going to mate, a phone call every couple of days should do the trick :D

Mines there but has never shown a temp just dashes, so your not alone. You can switch the oil temp section on or off from your Maxi-dot yourself i think.

Will check that out tomorrow :thumbup:

Mine did not show originally, it did not appear to be an option.

However after I reset MaxiDot to factory default settings, I could select Oil Temp and it works fine after 50 degs reached.

You will loose trip and mpg data, back to zero.

See below:

"As the oil temperature feature on vRS Maxi Dot is not covered in the manual I am at a loss as to how to select it.

Can anyone give step by step instructions.

It doesn't appear when I scroll through the menu items.

Tony

Ah ha, I've had another fiddle and reset to factory defaults and found oil temp.

It must have been unset on delivery".

Hope this works for you.

Regards

Tony

My dealer told us that Oil Temp will not work if NOT on variable servicing

I really dont understand what this has got to do with it not working!! :wonder:

No that doesn't make alot of sense does it :wonder: , but mines fixed servicing so perhaps they have a point, or not maybe! :giggle:

My dealer told us that Oil Temp will not work if NOT on variable servicing

I really dont understand what this has got to do with it not working!! :wonder:

Guys, hope you don't mind a post from a non fabia owner.... :smirk: but that is indeed correct information. My yeti had the display showing the oil temp from new and then at 8k I got the dealer to do an early first service including oil change. I asked them to put it on fixed servicing using the cheaper quality oil as I knew id then be changing the oil every 6k miles/6 months. When i drove out; no working oil display. So after a bit of research and speaking further with the dealer as to what was changed in the ecu settings (the only setting they changed was from variable to fixed servicing) it came to light that changing this setting either removed or added the oil temp facility back on the maxidot. HOWEVER if you have CCDs; there is a way round it as Ben at Shark sorted it for me. Iirc there is a quality setting for oil and a separate service type setting. There's a way to change them so you CAN have a fixed service regime set up AND the oil display working as expected. Mines been spot on since Ben did his magic. Sorry I can't be more specific but maybe with this additional info, the dealer may be more able to help?

Mine did not show originally, it did not appear to be an option.

However after I reset MaxiDot to factory default settings, I could select Oil Temp and it works fine after 50 degs reached.

You will loose trip and mpg data, back to zero.

See below:

"As the oil temperature feature on vRS Maxi Dot is not covered in the manual I am at a loss as to how to select it.

Can anyone give step by step instructions.

It doesn't appear when I scroll through the menu items.

Tony

Ah ha, I've had another fiddle and reset to factory defaults and found oil temp.

It must have been unset on delivery".

Hope this works for you.

Regards

Tony

Cheers Tony, I now have it back on my MaxiDot but still not registering :(

Guys, hope you don't mind a post from a non fabia owner.... :smirk: but that is indeed correct information. My yeti had the display showing the oil temp from new and then at 8k I got the dealer to do an early first service including oil change. I asked them to put it on fixed servicing using the cheaper quality oil as I knew id then be changing the oil every 6k miles/6 months. When i drove out; no working oil display. So after a bit of research and speaking further with the dealer as to what was changed in the ecu settings (the only setting they changed was from variable to fixed servicing) it came to light that changing this setting either removed or added the oil temp facility back on the maxidot. HOWEVER if you have CCDs; there is a way round it as Ben at Shark sorted it for me. Iirc there is a quality setting for oil and a separate service type setting. There's a way to change them so you CAN have a fixed service regime set up AND the oil display working as expected. Mines been spot on since Ben did his magic. Sorry I can't be more specific but maybe with this additional info, the dealer may be more able to help?

Yeap thats helpful thanks :thumbup: