Matt black Grill surround

Hi folks, I'm not one for making external changes to my car, rather I like the factory look more, however.................................

I was just looking at ebay for some non related stuff and noticed a black magic Mk2 for sale with a black grill surround and I rather like it :yes: .

My car is a black magic Mk2 vrs just like the pic but an estate. What's the concensus? Should I do it, or leave it as is? Please bear in mind I am 35 so my boy racer days are lonnng behind me.

Cheers

post-5163-0-72414600-1306947795_thumb.jpg

Just realised there was a forum for 'Styling' Sorry, :no: it shows how little interest I usually have in modding & styling.

I am more a fan of the black being matched to rest of the car with the black magic colour not just matt but would still look 25.6 times better than the chrome I just got mine 2 days ago done in race blue :D

http://briskoda.net/forums/topic/203206-colour-coded-grill-surround-done/

Just saw your posting too! Very nice. You've swayed me to go all out for the Black Magic, forget the matt black..... Yours looks amazing!:thumbup:

This is getting tougher!!! In an ideal world I'd have one octavia matt black, & one black magic. I'm liking them both..:p

Black Magic coded for me, but it's a close run thing :)

Put it this way, either matt or BM would be better than the standard chrome emoticon-0148-yes.gif

Whichever you decide, this mod is firmly in the 'OEM+' category :yes:

Black Magic for me too. Unfortunately mine doesn't quite look as good as the pictures above as it's very sensitive to stone chips. I took a bit of time over it but mine was still a DIY job.

how about black carbon fibre thats what ive done mine in, sorry no pics.

your never to old to modify!!!!

That looks stunning. Where are those DRL's from?

Thanks mate, the DRL's are from eBay, I will dig out a link when I get 5 minutes. I'm well happy with them as they look so OEM and I plan on getting another set as a spare.

EDIT: Linky to the DRL's.... :thumbup:

Spot on chaps!! Sparayed the surround up this afternoon in Black Magic, it's currently 'airing' in the living room, I gently rub it down tomorrow and then clear lacquer it up, just jumped on VRs_Pagey's link and got myself some of those DRL's, they look a neat fit!:thumbup:

Thanks mate, the DRL's are from eBay, I will dig out a link when I get 5 minutes. I'm well happy with them as they look so OEM and I plan on getting another set as a spare.

EDIT: Linky to the DRL's.... :thumbup:

Grand thanks for that. I'll talk to you about them in pm so I don't stray off topic and hijack the thread.

Suddenly your avatar picture starts to make sense.

:rofl:

Ooo err I have a feeling this is going off-topic and away from the more younger / lesser 'life experienced members';)