Squeaky Clean VRS

ITS CLEAN!!!!!!! In the weather on my lil visit to NI to visit the family was typical 3 dry days in 3 weeks dirty car was annoying me inc builders working at my folks covering it in dust cutting paving slabs! (not happy)

Cleaned professionally and some fancy stuff applied to it pics were very dull taken at about 6am so don't do the shine justice. And some cool stuff applied to windscreen to repel water on motorway in torrential rain I didn't need wipers at all was amazing ment to last up to 2 years!

I know little about these things hence the use of the word "stuff" detailer is tip top!

DSC_3648.JPG

DSC_3656b.jpg

DSC_3648.JPG

DSC_3651b.jpg

Edited by FUBAR

looks good Fubar, you were a busy boy over here in N.I!

On trip I sorted remap, colour coded grill surround, full sized spare alloy and tyre and an annoying rattle behind dash sorted under warranty.

The guy who made car shiny for me worked on it from about mid day to 6am next morning did all the work I just helped out by floating about the place! Done as a road test demo for how the products used hold up with the drive back to work across 6 countries in a oner and 8 or 9 hours parked on top of a ferry being sprayed by the Irish sea! Lots of pics and vid taken along the way. :thumbup:

What dealer did you go to and who did you use for the remap?

Sent you a pm mucker!

Now its detailed...

You need to keep up to it by investing in some cleaning products :smirk:

Way ahead of you :rofl: have good selection on way in post! I am told the applications used on it will last 6 months easily with only rinsing car off hardly anything sticks to it and what did on my long drive fell down the drain at a jet wash I visited! I am told that I should be able to maintain it for a good while with contact-less cleaning like that like rinse heavy foam then rinse again! So fingers crossed I will give it a blast :thumbup:

Way ahead of you :rofl: have good selection on way in post! I am told the applications used on it will last 6 months easily with only rinsing car off hardly anything sticks to it and what did on my long drive fell down the drain at a jet wash I visited! I am told that I should be able to maintain it for a good while with contact-less cleaning like that like rinse heavy foam then rinse again! So fingers crossed I will give it a blast :thumbup:

...and the products used were???

The most important thing to maintain a LSP (Last Stage Protection) is to use shampoo in the correct dilution ratio. Too strong and it will strip the LSP.

It's also important not to let any shampoo solution dry on the car, hence it should be washed at home or somewhere where you can oversee that the dilution ratio is correct and that none dries.

The 2 bucket method is a must to help reduce marring as is using a lambswool mitt or a noodle mitt (my personal preference is lambswool) together with a drying towel.

I would only foam if absolutely necessary as the idea of foam is to help lift detritus when doing a deep clean.

The most important thing to maintain a LSP (Last Stage Protection) is to use shampoo in the correct dilution ratio. Too strong and it will strip the LSP. Ive never had any shampoo strip off the LSP..I use a pH neutral shampoo and it can be used in any dilution

It's also important not to let any shampoo solution dry on the car, hence it should be washed at home or somewhere where you can oversee that the dilution ratio is correct and that none dries. Pressure washer every time

The 2 bucket method is a must to help reduce marring as is using a lambswool mitt or a noodle mitt (my personal preference is lambswool) together with a drying towel. Agreed.... But I use a lampswool pad I bought from DW

I would only foam if absolutely necessary as the idea of foam is to help lift detritus when doing a deep clean. I ALWAYS use Snow Foam (pH neutral one of course

My thoughts

What remap are you having done mate?

Car is looking awesome!

Already done :D loving it custom map done by OBD Auto-Tune in Northern Ireland write their own maps bit of a chore when its being tewaked here and there having to take ECU in and out though ! ran 205bhp stage 1 and with K&N panel filter 215.6bhp my mpg has improved! 4-5 mpg average

Already done :D loving it custom map done by OBD Auto-Tune in Northern Ireland write their own maps bit of a chore when its being tewaked here and there having to take ECU in and out though ! ran 205bhp stage 1 and with K&N panel filter 215.6bhp my mpg has improved! 4-5 mpg average

Did you not cut out the dpf?

impressive shine, would be interested to know what products he used...dont suppose you could find out lol?

I can't remember which products exactly but they were GTechnique they are really really good IMO I have ordered some S2 product off them to use on it and a load of application pads etc some P1 aswell and other stuff.

Down the exhaust route next Fubar for more ponies?

lol no thats me sorted now she is what she is!

Did you not cut out the dpf?

Nah after much soul searching and Briskoda members advice I decided not to bother CR doesnt seem to give the same dramas as the 2.0PD Tdi did but tbh ive got the power I want from it any hint of a problem from DPF and its toast!!

hehe thinking of trading it in for a greenline estate in a year or so as is (pls dont hit me anyone)

Edited by FUBAR