build time theory (stab in the dark)

just a thought but im wondering how people paid for their vrs's and if this has any bearing on the build time delays

when you think about it, Slowda arent going to make much money from vat free deals but they will from finance deals and it got me thinking whether this might be the reason some get built way before others

as an example, a few on here bought at the end of march and they've mentioned their on finance and are either driving about in their shiney vrs or just about to pick them up yet im paying cash/part-ex and im waiting till october (so far)

none of these wait times make any sense so its just a stab in the dark that Slowda push financed cars through quicker to make them more money

i know its a pretty personal question im asking and if your upset by it then theres no need to answer its just im trying to make sense of it all. id just like to see if theres any logic in my thinking. i dont need to know where the moneys coming from just whether you used finance or not and the wait times experienced

thanks to anyone that replys

just a thought but im wondering how people paid for their vrs's and if this has any bearing on the build time delays

when you think about it, Slowda arent going to make much money from vat free deals but they will from finance deals and it got me thinking whether this might be the reason some get built way before others

as an example, a few on here bought at the end of march and they've mentioned their on finance and are either driving about in their shiney vrs or just about to pick them up yet im paying cash/part-ex and im waiting till october (so far)

none of these wait times make any sense so its just a stab in the dark that Slowda push financed cars through quicker to make them more money

i know its a pretty personal question im asking and if your upset by it then theres no need to answer its just im trying to make sense of it all. id just like to see if theres any logic in my thinking. i dont need to know where the moneys coming from just whether you used finance or not and the wait times experienced

I ordered mine 22nd March and took it on the solutions plan. I'm still waiting, got a provisional of wk26 (up to now) but it keeps on bouncing around. Mines a standard vRS (no extras) so it should be an easy build but im still vrs-less.

wk26 is july so still a lot earlier than some, slowda uk c/s say extras make no difference to build times

edit my spellings about as good as their service :rofl:

Edited by the mad monk

I dont think there is any logic to their system. I guess if you order a car that requires parts they dont have in stock this may delay the build but otherwise its a bit of a free for all with no first come first serve priority.

Took our car nearly 4 months to be built and delivered; certainly the longest we've ever had to wait for a new car. By all means sure there are people out there that have waited longer still!

I got my vRS turned out pretty damn quick, 3 weeks from saying I'll take it to me driving away from the forecourt. Ok so the reason was the dealer had been checking his crystal ball many weeks before and happened to order the exact spec I wanted which was allocated a build week only a few days before I paid them a visit.

As said above I think it will be first come first served as long as parts are available etc etc

Edited by Jnr_vRS

I don't think they are pushing through the financed cars any quicker. I ordered week 12 and have a confirmed build week of 24 (next week)and I am paying cash. A lot of financed cars have been/will be waiting longer.

My VRS was ordered on 1st April using PCP and I'm picking it up tomorrow, could have had it a few days earlier but couldn't get to the dealers. It took 8 weeks and six days from order to the dealer receiving it which is quick. Very Quick.

Not sure how other people on the build week 20 thread are financing their cars but it seems they all ordered around the same time as me, end of March begining of April.

You could always go in to your dealer and say you have changed your mind and now need finance, see if that pushes you up the build week list. When the car arrives just say you no longer need the finance.

My VRS was ordered on 1st April using PCP and I'm picking it up tomorrow, could have had it a few days earlier but couldn't get to the dealers. It took 8 weeks and six days from order to the dealer receiving it which is quick. Very Quick.

Not sure how other people on the build week 20 thread are financing their cars but it seems they all ordered around the same time as me, end of March begining of April.

You could always go in to your dealer and say you have changed your mind and now need finance, see if that pushes you up the build week list. When the car arrives just say you no longer need the finance.

Like i've said already there is no logic to Skoda's ordering system or any first come first serve treatment. We ordered our car on 30th Jan and we picked it up 21st May, thats alot more than 8 weeks.

That said sometimes there are dealer/cancelled orders that have been built to suitable spec; some people have been very lucky and have managed to secure such cars.

Im doing it on finance with an unconfirmed build week of 26, its been pushed back already from Week 20... to Week 22 to Week 26

Sounds like mine!! wk19 then wk 20 then wk24 then wk27 then back to wk26! i'm ringing the dealer tomorrow for an update so fingers crossed!

ive gone down the personal leasing route, red vRS no extras. Got a very good deal with tyres and maintenance included - could be why ive got to wait 10 MONTHS! ordered 10th Feb, build week 45 pencilled in so should have it early December.

Not just Skoda though.

This from vwaudiforums.

I have been let down again and again by VW ... and am now on a mission to let others know before ordering.

Here is my VW experience:

July 2010 - order Passat CC, delivery date Oct 2010

October 2010 - advised Nov 2010 delivery date

November 2010 - advised December 2010 devlivery date

December 2010 - advised Feb 2011 delivery date

January 2011 - advised April 2011 deliver date

February 2011 - advised June 2011 delivery date.

At this point, after reading on a number of VW forums that any builds that slip later than June 2011 will be cancelled, as VW cannot fulfill them, and as I now have two daughters (only had one when ordered the car), I phoned VW to cancel the order, and was talked into looking at the new Passat estate, as estimated delivery was 12 weeks. After a quick look at one, I was impressed, and ordered a red Passat Estate in Feb 2011

Febuary 2011 - ordered Passat Estate, estimated delivery 6th May 2011

27th April 2011 - email advising July 2011 delivery date

10th May (my birthday) letter advising August 2011 delivery date

24th May - letter advising Novermber 2011 delivery date.......

Cheers

Lee

I ordered mine on the 7th of feb on pcp plan and I'm still waiting. Got told the other week that I was down for build week 24 so hopefully will be next week but I think your idea is wrong if it's anything to go by my order

The date , colour, finance or what extras ordered seem to have no effect on when they build your car.

I have been very lucky 10 weeks from placing my order to collecting my car. I did see some one on the black hole tread who had placed an order for a car with same colour and spec as mine in Feb and had a build week somewhere in the 40's. I can only see it as being totaly random.

As I have said before I think they just have a big hat, throw all the names in and then pull some out. It dose seem that random to me.

Edited by harryweld

I can top that... 8 weeks and 3 days from order to delivery, mine was on a PCP too so there may be some logic in your thinking. however if that is the case and they are holding cars being bought with cash, its a surefire way to lose custom really, so as a business youd think they would think of that...

I ordered mine on Solutions on 8th March. Took collection of the car on 8th June (pics on the official register).

I reckon that as a group they just can't supply as many as are being demanded - if you think they're building them for most markets around the world. The popular colours and specifications will ultimately come quicker than the lesser popular variants. DSG is available on most VAG cars and they have to decide which orders get priority when it comes to those parts.

BTW - You won't be disappointed when it does come! They're great little cars.

Edited by B3ats

Did a trade in and cash for balance on week 52 of last year (got the VAT deal) arrived week 7 2011 so not sure this theory any good ! Sorry.

It's just so frustrating that it seems all so random! By the way, I called a random dealer today, asking about delivery times for the Fabia Estate Greenline II, and they said next year at the earliest...

Lol thats a stupid wait time, you'd think they're handing out gold bars with their cars or something!

Edited by adamc260