Toast's Octavia Mk1 vRS

Eccentric Toast

Decided I was bored today and needed to kill time.
Was reading a thread on how to clean the throttle body and how easy it was so decided i'd give it a try.
I had a look at mine a few months ago from the pipe side and thought it was relatively clean so didn't do it then.
When I took it off today I was pleasantly surprised how wrong I was :D
file-34.jpg
file-44.jpg

I had a VAGCOM so I disconnected it completely as it is easier to clean
Its 4 5mm alan keys and two jubilee clips.
file-46.jpg
file-47.jpg

All clean

I didn't think my car was that bad in terms of idling or throttle response but after cleaning it. I was surprised at the difference it made definitely a recommend to do!

• 3 weeks later...

No I didn't need to role the arches they fit perfectly with the spacers no rubbing unless there is people in the back going over ramps.

I put it on there last Monday. I have to get under the car again this Monday will take some pictures on how everything fits.

Well its been awhile since a update and its big post so sorry!

Won this on ebay for a very good price!
2012-06-08122717.jpg

First of all had to remove the original down pipe
2ed4f078.jpg

Some serious restrictions going on here!
b852913f.jpg

I lubed up the turbo nuts a few days before to allow to soak in, made a world of difference had the down pipe dropped in about 10 minutes.
I had to cut the old clamp as the bolts had rusted over.
Heat wrapped and fitted it back on!
Big Thanks to Bowders for informing what the wrap did!
2012-06-25134128.jpg

The ebay down pipe is a perfect fit for standard cat back systems. I was unsure of this before I bought it as anyone who saw my post about it would remember.
Bought a new clamp from VW its the 55mm clamp not the 50mm!
2012-06-25134120.jpg

Then decided more things should be cleaned!

Im don't plan on ever getting a front mount for the car so decided to clean my one!
2012-06-20133945.jpg

Intercooler out and ready for cleaning
2012-06-20134029.jpg

Pancake pipe was filthy so took that down and cleaned it inside and out!
2012-06-20134007.jpg

I have no after pics as i forgot to take some but they came up looking new. The amount of build up in the inlet pipe, pancake pipe and intercooler was unreal! Cleaned it all out with a carb cleaner and a power hose. To be honest don't notice much of a difference but I'm sure its cooling something better than it was!

On to more upgrades and mods.
Got this from Creation motorsport.
Compared to the old intake.
2012-06-24220843.jpg

Removal is very simple!
But this was by far the biggest b****h of a thing to fit definitely recommend disconnecting the gear linkages and a water pipe that is mount to the side of the block to allow enough room to squeeze the pipe through.
2012-06-24220853.jpg

Got this off ebay for a steal as well
36a0f510.jpg

You honestly have to have serious confidence in your self to do this. I didn't i just think my bumper is in bits and a few more holes wouldn't make a difference!
All measured up and ready for drilling. You get a perfect drill bit with the kit but I recommend making a pilot hole with a smaller drill bit.
c2930a2a.jpg

All fitted my measurements came out exactly as what was posted by Chicken_Eyebrow I think it was. (correct me if I'm wrong)
So was happy with it!
ba081d4a.jpg

And lastly not to everyones liking but it brightens up the feel of the inside and with the W8 light mod it glows really nicely at night!
ceaae42c.jpg

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

UPDATE!!!

Firstly... Yes I've gone completely bonkers and I was admitted last night.

Secondly there is no such thing as "Jap" or "Euro" there is only "I like" and "I don't like".

I don't think I like what I did :D

Here we go...
2012-07-25193348.jpg
2012-07-25193355.jpg
2012-07-26213137.jpg
2012-07-26213121.jpg

Then this is what I have waiting for the winter! (couldn't find the exact Cadburys colour)
5560801a.jpg

Maaate i loved this car before your crazy stage lol it was up there with my favorites but am not keen anymore :( sorry bud just imho the interior parts where ok bombed but i loved the oem+ look you acheived on the outside it looked awesome before the stickers but at least it is just stickers and hopefully you can peal them off when your sane again lol :)

Edited by gray88
  • Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Has been brought back to normal as it just didn't suit the aggressiveness of the car.
209562_345171885571410_899060800_o.jpg

I also fitted a Saiko Michi catch can as my breather hose had split very easy to do. Don't know if it is doing anything but its only been on a few weeks
my pocket is 140 lighter though but quality I cant complain about.

I decided to not listen to most of you.. sorry :p and get mkiv leather recaros as I prefer the look of them in the octy will get pictures up later as I have not taken any yet.
Now i have 3 sets of seats lying around the house need to start selling them!

• 4 weeks later...

Bab's I apologise for not listening but it had to be done :D

As a few of you might know I started on the engine simplification mods.
Had no clue what I was doing so I decide the only way to figure it out was to rip stuff out one by one and see what happened!

I knew I had a boost leak somewhere under the inlet manifold so had a look and found this pretty pipe
2012-09-07184056.jpg

Simplified that system and now it just goes straight to OCC
But cleaned the 90 degree pipe that comes out of the crankcase and found this.

2012-09-07184105.jpg
That was only quater of the grime I found in it as most of the rest fell out as I took it out!

Plugged the N112 I think back in but with no pipes attached and didn't fit any resistors and have had no engine lights come on so I'm a little happy about that and worried at the same time!
Anyway I'm continuing dismantling things tomorrow so more to come!