Toast's Octavia Mk1 vRS

Eccentric Toast

I just take the part off and wrap it. Ill put up my process on the next thing I wrap.

I'd appreciate that as I'm wanting to do the chrome on my grille too.

• 2 weeks later...

Ill rewrap my Grill tonight a try get a tutorial up by the end of the week.

That is exactly the same way I do it but I heat and stretch the edges to get rid of the creases a little more. I also use a hair-dryer as heat guns can be too hot and damage the vinyl.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MACyXJ7jM_c

Edited by Eccentric Toast

i love the transformers grill badge were could i get one of those from?? please!!.and also what are your opinions on the jap/chinese double din units?? how easy was the install is it iphone compatible and is the sat nav any good?? i have been thinking of getting this one

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/TD717G-7-DOUBLE-DIN-CAR-DVD-PLAYER-GPS-MP3-SAT-NAV-/300580826082?pt=UK_AudioElectronicsVideo_Video_TelevisionSetTopBoxes&hash=item45fc036be2

is yours similar?

Edited by wiganwayne

i love the transformers grill badge were could i get one of those from?? please!!.and also what are your opinions on the jap/chinese double din units?? how easy was the install is it iphone compatible and is the sat nav any good?? i have been thinking of getting this one

I made the badge myself. I like my radio it does everything I need it to do. The GPS is extremely accurate dont think it has ever been wrong on me. Only thing is the interface is horribly laid out. They are easy enough to fit aslong as you know what your doing or have someone with you who does. The one you have there looks alot better than mine, must be the newer model because in my experience all Jap Crap radios run the same OS just tweaked differently from seller to seller. Those pictures of the OS look alot better laid out.

I made the badge myself. I like my radio it does everything I need it to do. The GPS is extremely accurate dont think it has ever been wrong on me. Only thing is the interface is horribly laid out. They are easy enough to fit aslong as you know what your doing or have someone with you who does. The one you have there looks alot better than mine, must be the newer model because in my experience all Jap Crap radios run the same OS just tweaked differently from seller to seller. Those pictures of the OS look alot better laid out.

made it yourself?? dont suppose i could tempt you to make me one??? lol

Also got time to clean the seat for the first time ever by the looks of it.

Here is a picture of the drivers seat before cleaned

IMAG0027.jpg

This was to compare how bad it was.

IMAG0033.jpg

This is it all cleaned up and dry. Lighting doesnt do it any justice.

IMAG0038.jpg

Here are pictures of all the seats.

IMAG0039.jpg

IMAG0041.jpg

Very tidy car you got!

Can you help me out and tell me what you used to clean the white cloth bit of the seats and how you did it please??

Cheers

Marc

Very tidy car you got!

Can you help me out and tell me what you used to clean the white cloth bit of the seats and how you did it please??

Cheers

Marc

I used a hoover I bought that has a special head for cleaning upholstery this one here

The Car looks mint man

How did you do your wheels??

Id rather do that to mine, than pay 300euro.........when I could use the money for sumtin else

1.Sand alloy with 300 grit paper

2.Use Isopan 38 on damaged areas

3.Sand down Isopan to make wheel completely smooth

4.Sand with 2000 grit to make alloy smoother

5.Spray wheel with colour of your choice (let dry or help it with heat gun)

6.Sand down with very fine paper 2000 or 3000 grit

7.Repeat steps 5 and 6 two or three more times up to you

8.Spray lacquer

9.Sand lacquer down with a 2000 and 3000 grit

10.Repeat steps 8 and 9

11.Seal it in with a alloy wax

• 6 months later...

Well its been awhile but I think its time for an update

During the winter I got some money so decided to rock the "German Winter Look" as I like to class it.
Got some AP Coilovers, and slammed it on the beetle steelies.
5.jpg

While the winter wheels were on it decided I didn't like the colour of the wheels so I went for a Satin Pewter Gunmetal finish.
Spiders back on and Lamin-Xed the headlights, rear indicator and reverse lights.
I'm not sure about the Lamin-x but ill see if it grows on me!
6.jpg

I only have a few more things to do to the exterior and that is just replace the front and back bumper change the driver door (different shade of silver) and remove a few dents.

Then it'll be onto the engine bay starting with a Forge TIP, Recirculation Valve and a decat.

• 1 month later...

A big thanks to Rob for moving this here

A few updates from the last few weeks of progress.

Got a Superb Cat-vision centre light and spray it a dark satin colour to get it matching the rest as best I could.
Really changes the feel of the lighting at night while driving and red really goes well.
Colour match isn't perfect but its better than cream!
2012-04-03125202.jpg

Also fitted the rear interior lights I colour matched them too.
2012-04-03125059.jpg

And for my favourite change so far a set of these!
2012-04-03130000.jpg
2012-04-03130026.jpg

The sacrafice that has to be made with these seats is well worth it. You loose a back seat belt and this
2012-04-03130041.jpg

Yeah they just slot in the same but because the S3 is a 3 door the upper bolster support goes in rather than out. Which is shown in the last pic. To be honest you don't even notice it.

You also lose the centre seat and head rest as there is no seat belt in the centre. I like it though as you can see more out the rear window.

• Like 1