Toast's Octavia Mk1 vRS

Eccentric Toast

I love this car buddy, and love the fact you have gone though various changes to it. Glad you removed the external bombing but interior is cool.

look a little bit like my motor, which is not a bad thing :thumbup:

IMG_1201.jpg

IMG_1208.jpg

IMG_1214.jpg

IMG_1219.jpg

IMG_0880.jpg

• Like 1

I love this car buddy, and love the fact you have gone though various changes to it. Glad you removed the external bombing but interior is cool.
look a little bit like my motor, which is not a bad thing :thumbup:

Thanks Bowders I try to make it as unique to myself as possible but its hard to do it with forums like this! but I love your car and would like you to sell me your spoiler for free!

I also put a new pick-up pipe in this morning and while I was at it put a nice new genuine sump back on as the one on it was spurious.
I don't notice any difference tbh but that's because my engine is acting up at the moment!
2012-08-30145531.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

So finally have the car running well after 2 weeks of trying to simplify the engine bay

Old engine diagram
null-1.jpg

New engine diagram (red is capped green is new pipe)
Untitled-1-1.jpg

No need for all this useless junk!
null.jpg

All finished
null-7.jpg
null-6.jpg
After deleting everything in the engine the surging at high end that I was still experiencing turned out to be the fuel pump so replaced that and the car other than a slight surge at 3800 is running perfect for now!

Here is proof I disobeyed you all and I don't regret it!!!
They also weight 1/3 of the S3s

null-3.jpg
null-4.jpg

• Like 1

Your car is beautiful (throughout this thread) and I have a serious amount of respect and admiration for your skills. When I return from the Alps next year, if I'm staying in mainland Europe and getting a real job, I will be looking to getting mine looking something like this. As far as I'm concerned, you're one of the handful of people on here that I consider inspirational.

Thanks for sharing.

Thank's lads!

Another update probably one of my favourite!!! :rofl:
null-5.jpg

Having owned the car for nearly two years now. This is the second one I've seen go on sale since I've had the car! This one went up for sale and I had it an hour later!
The person selling it lived up the road for me happy days :rofl:
Since I got it I've put the 2012/13 UK/Ireland maps on it!

• 1 month later...

Went to get a new front bumper from a silver rs being broken and ended up finding alittle gem although it did take me the guts of 3-4 hours to take the dash apart and get it out in one complete loom. But totally worth it coming up to the winter months!!! (Its suppose to be cold this winter :D)
I dont think there is much more optional extras I can get for it now!
null-2.jpg

May I add it definitely wasn't 21 degrees when I was fitting it them the thermometer wasn't fitted onto the bumper but just hanging by the horns.

• 1 month later...

Hi Toast! Love you car Mate! Recaro seats looks 100% better than S3s and the stance on Spiders is perfect.

But regarding the stance I would like to ask you for a favor. If you can find a moment and measure the lenght between the two points shown on the photo below on your KW V2, I'll more than gratefull.

cozmierzy.jpg

Big thanks in advance :)

• 1 month later...