Toast's Octavia Mk1 vRS

Eccentric Toast

• 2 weeks later...

Bought this the Easter weekend but only got around to using it today and I have to say could not recommend the combination higher and it smells beautiful!
ffebb038.jpg
This was the result from the compound alone!
ebfa4610.jpg5845f8ad.jpg

Also finally got around to wiring the parking lights

Off
929a4d8f.jpg

Side lights
0edcddc3.jpg

Full lights
92a9243c.jpg

Not the greatest pictures to show. look a lot more orange in person.
I know they are not to everyone's taste but I love them!

So two days later finished cleaning and here is the finished product!!!

file-6.jpg
file-8.jpg
file-9.jpg
file-11.jpg
file-12.jpg
file-15.jpg
file-5.jpg

Also was annoyed at how little light there was in the boot so put in a second light on the opposite side
Handy as there is a holder for it and everything! :D
file-3.jpg
file-4.jpg

love it, motors class headlights grill and pillars just make the car for me :love:

Thanks!

How was the back lights done? This is exactly how I want mine.

With alot of heat and patience it just kind of moulds the shape of the light

Mate where did u get the carpet for the sub box ? I cant find good matches anywhere nowadays

Very neat n cool

Thanks my boot install is probably my favourite of them all..

I just went to a local scrapyard and asked for the wheel well cover out of any mk1 octavia as all the carpets are the same! Then just cleaned the hell out of it!

It only cost me 5euro I dont think many people go in looking for the carpet out of the boot :p

Thanks my boot install is probably my favourite of them all..

I just went to a local scrapyard and asked for the wheel well cover out of any mk1 octavia as all the carpets are the same! Then just cleaned the hell out of it!

It only cost me 5euro I dont think many people go in looking for the carpet out of the boot :p

Bloody Brilliant idea, never thought of that. gonna be doing something similar with my estate. Off to the scrappy I go then :rock:

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks lads

Update*

Before

file-14.jpg

and after

file-17.jpg

file-20.jpg

I hope all the blue tack I used will hold!

I might stick a little more on the front and make it a little lower after awhile but she is fine for now.

Is that spacers you popped on here mate ?

Thanks Lads

Good job!

I have a question: how did you install your front parking lights?

I just cut a hole on both sides of the rub strip and wired them through the strip to one of the side lights. I didn't want to cut my bumper up so I did it that way!

Is that spacers you popped on here mate ?

Yeah they are 15mm each side on the back and 10mm each side on the front.

Your car looks stunning mate. Any chance on a little rundown on how you made those transformers badges?

Its a green transformers sticker stuck on a chrome sticker stuck on the badge. i plan to lacquer them to make it look more authentic.

Guest BigJase88

I lowered mine yday and the shock is unbelievably close to the tire!

5mm spacers im going to get on the front

I just cut a hole on both sides of the rub strip and wired them through the strip to one of the side lights. I didn't want to cut my bumper up so I did it that way!

Can you give me a part number or a link where I can find and buy those parking lamps?

Thanks! ;)

So after 3 days of cleaning and tidying up I have to say for a 10 year old car she cleans up nicely!
(yeah I was bored a student free for the summer it happens :p)

Day 1
First of all I stripped the car to get at the carpet which most of you know is not the most forgiving when it comes to dirt!
file-25.jpg

I made my own concoction of chemicals to clean it up. Which in my opinion turned out great!
file-32.jpg
4a106232.jpg
file-31.jpg
150298f9.jpg
file-29.jpg
150298f9.jpg

Time to start putting things back together first I rebuilt my boot fit and will be the last time i do, as in my opinion is fine now!
file-39.jpg
file-35.jpg

Time to put my new mats into the car for the first time OEM! Due to swmbo problems :D
file-41.jpg
d3b15afa.jpg

Then for the seats and trim
66134c56.jpg
e3ba57c2.jpg

Day 2
Engine Bay cleaning time took me the guts of about 4 hours to get all the grime and grease off but eventually it budged and got a nice enough result out of it!
file-42.jpg

Day 3
Onto the body work pictures don't do it justice as it was late when i finished it. I start with the usual two bucket method and moved onto two layers of Auto Glym Super Resin Polish and then to finish it off two layers of Auto Glym HD Wax.
db0d9658.jpg
c0ced573.jpg
file-36.jpg

Here she is on the move all clean and stuff!
file-43.jpg
(I love this picture thanks to StanceSyndicate)

• Like 2