At Last!

Sara. S

After a 4.5month wait we have a build date!! :rofl: I called the dealer yesterday to see if he had any news and was told that our Yeti is being built this week! :) It is expected to arrive in the UK on the 8th August for delivery on 1st September. :party:

Edited by Sara. S

After a 4.5month wait we have a build date!! :rofl: I called the dealer yesterday to see if he had any news and was told that our Yeti is being built this week! :) It is expected to arrive in the UK on the 8th August for delivery on 1st September. :party:

I wonder what the longest wait is. we are at seven months and still no confirmed build date.

What is this 'good will' payment I keep seeing post?

Hi Mark,

offered by Skoda UK through the dealer if your vehicle takes a long time to arrive. 18 weeks wait from them receiving the order from the dealer to you taking delivery appears to be the trigger point in a number of cases. Some dealers know about it and arrange it for you others leave it to you to chase with them and SUK as in my case.

Also what form this takes can also differ, some have received M&S vouchers for between £150 to £300, myself I got the front park sensor option free; they knocked the RRP at time of order off the bill.

Regards,

TP

If it comes early do NOT be tempted to take it before Sept 1st though! The plates change on Sept first so your car will be worth far more come selling time if you just have the patience to wait a few days at the end of August! But enjoy the last bit of waiting!

So the trigger point is conformation of order from SUK of when you placed the order with the dealer..?

TP, i have ordered through James so I assume James knows the score?

If it comes early do NOT be tempted to take it before Sept 1st though! The plates change on Sept first so your car will be worth far more come selling time if you just have the patience to wait a few days at the end of August! But enjoy the last bit of waiting!

Cars have to be registered within 10 days of being receivied by dealers? as per t&c of vat free offer

Hi Our Yeti is also being built this week. We have just been to the dealer and been told that our car has dropped £1000 in trade in value form 10th January when our yeti was ordered. Have you had a similar thing happen?

Regards

Hi Y`all

Just had monthly update call from dealer (I was in the middle of the river Calder in my leaky waders!)

My build date detail has now disapeared from Skoda UK system as evidently they are re-jigging things??? :doh::wait:

Also its holiday/factory close down time at the end of this month in Yetiland.

I am to expect a further update mid August.After my jollys in Mallorca. :sweat:

Hi Our Yeti is also being built this week. We have just been to the dealer and been told that our car has dropped £1000 in trade in value form 10th January when our yeti was ordered. Have you had a similar thing happen?

Regards

We are not part exchanging our car. My OH sold his car to a relative when we ordered the Yeti and bought a run-around to last him until the yeti arrives. :)

Regards

See reply on previous thread ('Skoda Yeti delayed build'). No way should you accept this drop in trade-in - I assume you signed an order form on which your original trade-in price was listed: that's a contract, in anyone's book!