Skoda New Build Delays

ColinD

I agreed an order for a Superb Elegance Greenline Hatch with quite a few options 3 weeks ago this Wednesday and the order still hasn't been confirmed by Skoda UK because, so I'm told by my dealer, that S (UK) have some sort of glitch with their system that won't allow them to include the requested wood affect trim.

JimB

...and the transport request hasn't been actioned yet, so not going to get it before going away now :sweat: Hopefully it will be ready for when we get back. I'll have to fill up the Octy now - been running on fumes for the last week :giggle:

Well been in touch and it arrived at emden on Wednesday,wonder what the time span is now going to be till it arrives over here,any one any ideas

I rather think mine was languishing at Grimsby for a while. It is now at the dealership (transported yesterday afternoon) but they weren't able to get it ready for pickup today. I've read elsewhere on here there are several ships a week from Grimsby to Emden, so I think they spend more time at the docks here.

• Like 1

Well mine was built on the 2nd of April, arrived at the port on the 3rd and I drove it away on the 17th April. That included Easter!

Dealers

What can you see on your system,can you see which boat the car is on or if it just standing on the dock or even when it will be boarding.

Hi All

Well going to happen next week,car is now at the dealers so just got to have the window tint sorted and the grill painted,then should be abel to have it on the road by Friday :happy:

Just been to see mine at the dealers today, to get insurance sorted out for taxing it. I pick it up on Monday. If I hadn't been on holiday it likely would have been yesterday, so a week longer than yours, given mine was build week 19. It will be a few days short of six months from placing the order (17th Dec).

Hi All

well we have picked up the green meany and have to say it looks good,had the rear/side windows dark tint, we got the car from Vindis Skoda in Cambridge,and I have to say the company understands what customer service stands for,Philip who we delt with was help full and nothing was to much trouble,Stephan there Business Manager worked on all the figuers and gave help when required.

A dealer that I would be happy to recommend to any one,A big thank you to you all :hi:

A big thank you to all at Skoda Cambridge

Good to hear you've got it. I bet it will be more shiny than mine, which has got a fairly even covering of dirt from the school run this morning. On the bright side it kept the new car shine for three days ;)

Enjoy your snow monster.

• 4 weeks later...

Ordered mine 20th June.

Just got email to say it is being built this week :(

Did.t want it that soon as I am not ready to take it until 1st week October.

Don't fancy it hanging round the dealers for that period of time with everyone pawing it etc :wall:

• 4 weeks later...

My one was ordered on 20th June. It is built and shipped and waiting collection by me.

Doesnt appear to be any delay there.

Edited by vectra1

Hi,

Ordered on 16 Dec 11 a Fabia Estate 1.2 TSI Elegence DSG only just been built and currently being shipped (week 30 build). Delay was due (so they say) to lack of DSG. So depending what you order you could have long delay.

Ray

Hi,

Ordered on 16 Dec 11 a Fabia Estate 1.2 TSI Elegence DSG only just been built and currently being shipped (week 30 build). Delay was due (so they say) to lack of DSG. So depending what you order you could have long delay.

Ray

I hope they are giving you some sort of apology

Hi,

Yes as with all delays it is necessary to open a case with SUK who authorise compensation depending on length of delay. A mere £300 in whatever way (vouchers or accessories) if the delay is over 30 weeks I believe. I will soon find out. SUK are good at keeping you up to date but dealers - well depend on who it is. I expect they will revisit my partex price although it is a grey area as they took the order after I believe they were notified of DSG delays. So who is to blame?? I was notified on order form it would be March delivery.

Long wait almost over.

Ray

Ordered my Rallye Green Octy VRS DSG Estate with black wheels and a lot of extras in mid June with a delivery scheduled in early Sept. It turned up on 12 July!! I was a bit teeded off but managed to sort a reasonable deal with the dealer.

Speaking to Skoda Uk I was told that any dealer can go on the Skoda network and see exactly where certain cars are in the build process. They can also slow down the build for a particular date. Skoda say that once the car is built it takes about one month for testing an delivery. Also Skoda give the dealer 10 days to get the car off their site and to the client otherwise they will be fined!!? Hope this helps.

I ordered a Fabia vRs on Ist August,with quite a few extras,from Rainworth who use the "trackmyskoda" system.

It's showing on the system with a week 39 build which should mean I take delivery end Oct/early Nov,which is about the date the salesman stated.

On the order form I signed it prominently states:

"10 day delivery notice.To qualify for any consumer offer or price protection,all new vehicles must be registered within 10 days arrival at the dealership"

I don't have a problem with this and can see why they do it,on the other hand if my expected 3 month wait turned into something a lot longer then this could throw up all sorts of issues.