Skoda New Build Delays

ColinD

• Administrators

We've seen a farily big increase in build delay threads, some with implications to peoples wallets.

I've had this update from Skoda UK, I'd hope any dealer would pass this onto you as a customer, but just in case:

We are aware that some customers are experiencing delays and uncertainty concerning the delivery of their new cars and we would firstly like to apologise for any dissatisfaction this has caused. We are working hard to build your orders as quickly as possible and in turn provide our retailers with clear information that they can share with you.

There are a number of factors which influence the leadtime of each order, so to allow us to investigate and manage each case individually, we would be grateful if you could contact the Customer Services Centre as soon as possible.

You can contact us in the following ways:

Email [email protected]

The 'Contact Us' area of www.skoda.co.uk

Telephone 08457 745 745

Please provide us with your order number, a contact name at your retailer and quote reference '2011 Order Leadtime' so we can investigate as quickly and effectively as possible.

We look forward to hearing from you.

Skoda UK"

This post has been promoted to an article

Thanks for your great website and post re the contact request from Skoda UK. The first time I tried to contact them their site seemed to have crashed, no doubt I wasn't the only punter trying to find out what's happening with my Yeti, ( CR110bhp 4x4 ordered W21)! I sent them an e mail and received a swift acknowledgement saying they would investigate and respond within 48hrs, judging by other posts on the forums holding my breath might lead to my premature demise! ;)

• 7 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Been to the dealers yesterday 20th April and was informed that our build week which was May 19 week has now moved to build week 23 not to happy if this turns out to be the case or if it moves further

• 3 weeks later...

Hi All

Well, the build date is now confirmed for week 21 so not to long now,as a matter of interest, from when the order is placed on the assembly line how long does it take to make a car,any one know.

Told today that lead time on a 4x4 Yeti is SIX MONTHS!

it has been for most Yeti models for quiet sometime due to demand following great reviews. Some models are even longer.

Hi All

Well, the build date is now confirmed for week 21 so not to long now,as a matter of interest, from when the order is placed on the assembly line how long does it take to make a car,any one know.

it all depends on boat availability, but normally around 3 weeks max I would say from build week to delivery to you. The car will be off the production line pretty quickly, possibly in a single day.

I ordered a Fabia last September. 8 months to the day and no sign of a build week I gave up and bought a six month old Octy instead.

Skoda UK's customer service is okay... depending on who you deal with... but there is a ridiculous communications block between the factory and customer services.

it all depends on boat availability, but normally around 3 weeks max I would say from build week to delivery to you. The car will be off the production line pretty quickly, possibly in a single day.

Mine took 2 1/2 weeks from leaving the production line to me driving it and that included the Easter break.

Might be here sooner then,hope so as we are on Hol from the 4th June for two weeks,so hoped it might be here for that,so we can get used to it,not that will take long.

This is when it would be nice to have the Track My Skoda, set up with all dealers,put the ref in and nothing,shame,would have though it would improve the set up with Skoda letting customers follow there build etc.

• 2 weeks later...

Any one know if the dealers are linked direct to the factory in regard to up date of orders,or is this only possible from skuk ??

Any one know if the dealers are linked direct to the factory in regard to up date of orders,or is this only possible from skuk ??

I assume so as my dealer has given updates on the progress on my Yeti, ordered 17/12/11, from their computer. Build week 18 then moved to 19 and reached Emden 5 months to the day after ordering. Hoping to find out today when it will be at the dealers - going on holiday two days before you, so cutting it close!

We are linked to the factory and can see how our customers cars are coming along.

Track My Skoda is not available to all dealerships, it has been set up by the Vision Automotive Group (Rainworth and Bickerton I believe). If you ordered the car through them, you can check it. This does have a flaw as mentioned before on here that it is a manually updated system, so if someone 'upstairs' doesn't upload the data it will not go on to the system - thus no build week.

Martin

Did you get the news on your yeti ??,It don't look our car will be here for the Holl,one minute they say one thing then another the next,guess one has to hang in there,

Hi Sheppeygirl

Your dealer should have put it on your order info,if he has not give him a buzz and ask him, then you can check it,but if you are going to try use Trackmyskoda,unless you have ordered it from those dealers it will not work,but the dealer can advise you ware it is etc.

I spoke to my dealer earlier he said they don't use it however they keep customers update ever two to three weeks regardless of news or no news try still phone so :) hopefully all should go well and backlogs have cleared as need the aircon lol

They have to use it,it is the only way the car can be tracked ??,if you wanted to contact Skoda Uk they would normaly ask for this,they can obviously go by Dealer Name etc and your name,but unusual not to give the customer a ref.

I spoke to my dealer earlier he said they don't use it however they keep customers update ever two to three weeks regardless of news or no news try still phone so :) hopefully all should go well and backlogs have cleared as need the aircon lol

Ask the dealer for the order number so that if you contact SUK, you can quote that to them for a faster response.

As you are Kent based, who is your dealer, as I have noticed some of the larger dealerships will say they will keep you updated but actually forget.

Martin

Did you get the news on your yeti ??,It don't look our car will be here for the Holl,one minute they say one thing then another the next,guess one has to hang in there,

The salesman was out of the showroom last week, so didn't get an update until today. It's in Grimsby and they've raised a transport request for it. I'm not sure how long they need for PDI, registration & taxing, but I'm hoping it will be by Thursday or Friday at the latest. If I can get it by then I'll have fun getting the roofbox set up - not used one before :)

Beadles at Aylesford, theyve been really helpful today with questions and keeping me up to date on how my finance processing has gone and have phoned at each stage to let me know, so things look promising on the car front :) 

My car should/was built last week so now waiting for it to be kicked out of the factory to make it's way to the uk,dealers says two to three weeks,but with the bank holl etc will this move I wonder,I do hope not.