Skoda New Build Delays

ColinD

But there is always ways and means behind to 10 day ruleing. Currently my car is with dealer but because of fact I am out of country on holiday and will not return until 31 Aug the vehicle will be registered from 1 Sept. The fact that I have also waited over nine months from order also has a bearing in the matter.

I remain a happy SKODA customer after this long wait.

Ray

I placed an order for a Superb L&K 170 Hatch DSG on 18 June and the delivery was expected to be in October or November. I hadn't contacted the garage since the order as it is still at least two months from the expected delivery date, but they contacted me on 20 August to say they were expecting the car to arrive that day! It was a surprise that it was so much quicker than expected! But then they said it must be registered within 10 days and I wasn't happy as it would only be a couple of more days to extend the 10 day rule so I could have a 62 plate. I didn't want a 12 plate that would be worth quite a bit less at part exchange, all for the sake of being registered a couple of days earlier!

They came back to me later and said that as the delivery was much sooner than expected that they would give it a 62 plate, so I'm happy with that! I've read through my order form and there's nothing about this 10 day rule mentioned

• 2 weeks later...

When i bought my first Yeti a few years back i had the same problem with delivery, it took 20 somthing weeks for me to receive the car, understand the frustration i could never get an answer out of skoda.. I have recently just purchased my second Yeti 2.0 140 4x4 but have purchased the demo car from the dealer.. with the extra options i got and the fact that i do not have to wait for the car i have managed to avoid having to wait so long again..

Would have thought that after two years things would have been better.

I ordered my yeti on the 24th of January , still waiting. build date is this week tho , hope to see it at the end of the month. If there is any more problems/ waiting I'm going to flip!!!! Come on skoda sort yourself out!!

Edited by fireblade

Finally the day arrived and the 1.2 Fabia Elegence TSI DSG Estate was collected from dealer. Ordered on 16 Dec 11 so you see it was some wait. SUK kept me informed once I asked for a case reference to be raised. Now await the compensation from SUK which seemingly will be authorised after dealer imputs details. What was very pleasing is that original deal was honoured by dealer.

Faith restored again in Skoda's.

Ray

• 1 month later...

monte carlo 1.2tsi 105 was built last week :) ordered on the 16th of july so a couple of months wait... now waiting for it to be shipped over :D ive been told about 3 weeks is normal? any stories of it coming sooner than that... or later? :/ getting soo impatient now ;)

ordered my monte on the 16th july 2012 1.2 tsi 105 with cruise, climate control and bluetooth. had a build week 40 (first week of october) and im picking it up this week :) will hopefully have been worth the wait!

I recently placed my order for an Octavia VRs DSG Estate Blackline on 30/09/2012. I was given a build date for the week beginning 08/10/2012 and an estimated delivery date for the week ending 26/10/2012.

Wow, that is quick! And welcome of course :). My Fabia vRS is being built this week (42) and was ordered mid August...