TTS short shifter

Just don't confuse things with the Parts Dept by telling them you're trying to fit it to a Skoda!

So what part numbers do I need for the Audi A5 "valvelift" head? (Only joking) :rofl:

I bought and fitted part no 8J0711046E to my 2010 FL TSI and it seems to be the same as the part already fitted. The dimensions of the shifter were identical, the original part had VW embossed on it and the new part had an Audi stamp but apart from that I couldn't tell them apart. The gearshift action doesn't seem any different to me, at least it was a cheap mod!

I bought and fitted part no 8J0711046E to my 2010 FL TSI and it seems to be the same as the part already fitted. The dimensions of the shifter were identical, the original part had VW embossed on it and the new part had an Audi stamp but apart from that I couldn't tell them apart. The gearshift action doesn't seem any different to me, at least it was a cheap mod!

Thought the linkage was slightly nearer to the pivot point does anyone have a pic of the two together?

Not really a mod, and hardly cheap if the original didn't need changing and the new part has done sweet FA! :wonder:

Is 8J0711046E suitable for a CR as well Wardy? reading back through the thread I can't make out what's what. Cheers.

No sure on the FL - but if the Audi part looks identical to what Skoda fitted, then I think we know the answer! Need the FL part and the Audi one side-by-side, to be sure.

Fitted my TTS shortshifter a week or so ago and its a great inexpensive little mod that gives a noticeably shorter shift that feels more precise with a more upmarket feel to it. Fairly easy to fit too with hardest bit being the removal of the existing linkage. Highly recommended!

Hmmm. Someone is surely mistaken....since they have both fitted the part to 2.0 TSI VRSs!

• 1 month later...

There is definitely a slight difference with the TTS shifter. At first glance the part looks identical but there is a subtle difference in the positioning of the connections which reduce the throw by 20%, or to put it another way 12.5 cm down to 10. Cracking little mod I reckon.

There is definitely a slight difference with the TTS shifter. At first glance the part looks identical but there is a subtle difference in the positioning of the connections which reduce the throw by 20%, or to put it another way 12.5 cm down to 10. Cracking little mod I reckon.

I agree and the difference is subtle but noticeable although I would like it shorter so may consider am aftermarket one at some time.

one thing I do find though, its a little stiffer to get through the gears when cold, or is that just me? still well worth it though!

Less leverage I imagine?

Awesome gti, 140 pounds, was having a new diverter valve fitted, they put it on for free. Really liked Nick p `s one on his, he has the same :thumbup:

Cheers, you're right not a cheap mod!

I got my short shifter fitted today finally .!!!

Cracking mod for the money...!

A- revision part will fit in the FL 1.8 tsi 6 speed manual with an MQ250 gearbox.

Maybe this will help those looking to do this !!

• 4 months later...

Ordered mine well before Christmas and just got around to fitting it today! guess what? it doen't sodding fit :wall: the SKU code is 8j0711046d and the arm is far too big and the travel once put back to back is exactly the same :@

£30 down the drain, time to find one that does

Ordered mine well before Christmas and just got around to fitting it today! guess what? it doen't sodding fit :wall: the SKU code is 8j0711046d and the arm is far too big and the travel once put back to back is exactly the same :@

£30 down the drain, time to find one that does

I've had mine on since early last year and it's great. Part number on the box was: 8J0 711 046-B