TTS short shifter

Finally got round to fitting my TT Short shifter on my Pre FL PD140 Tdi,

very easy to fit and takes no more than 20minutes.

I’ve definitely noticed a difference as the change is a lot shorter and crisper, so this is a highly recommened cheap mod

Finally got round to fitting my TT Short shifter on my Pre FL PD140 Tdi,

very easy to fit and takes no more than 20minutes.

I’ve definitely noticed a difference as the change is a lot shorter and crisper, so this is a highly recommened cheap mod

Do you have a part number please Willydog? want to fit one to my 170CR. Thanks.

• 2 years later...

OKay, so looking back on page 4, I've obviously been here before but must have given up cos I was none the wiser. All I know is my engine is a BZB code, '58 plate 1.8 litre, so I don't know if that means it has this MQ350 gearbox that it supposedly must have, or an MQ250 like pz1811. :(

Still none the wiser.... AND IT SEEMS SUCH A CHEAP MOD IF MINE WILL TAKE IT!! :'(

Edited by blackspaven

Got a 2010 2.0 TSI. Can anyone confirm who has the same and if the part number 8J0 711 046E definatly fits and reduces the throw?

Not wanting to buy it to find it's the same or wrong part.

Yes I believe it fits both 2.0 petrol and diesel

OKay, so looking back on page 4, I've obviously been here before but must have given up cos I was none the wiser. All I know is my engine is a BZB code, '58 plate 1.8 litre, so I don't know if that means it has this MQ350 gearbox that it supposedly must have, or an MQ250 like pz1811. :(

Still none the wiser.... AND IT SEEMS SUCH A CHEAP MOD IF MINE WILL TAKE IT!! :'(

I have a BZB 1.8tsi. A mate lent me his part off an R32 golf and it didn't fit. Totally different.

I made enquiries at Dieselgeek for their short shifter kit. Sent photos & they said their 5 speed unit should fit my 6 speed box. I wasn't willing to take the risk so gave up.

I think the last photo shows the differences the best (ie: it's nothing like the Audi part)

Ours looks like:

th_IMAG0363_zpssrlzckwh.jpg

th_IMAG0362_zpskrwf117w.jpg

th_IMAG0361_zpsbrjsqbzo.jpg

th_IMAG0360_zpsy9hjiuej.jpg

Edited by brad1.8T

I think it would be possible to shorten the lever arm on the existing if you could work out how to remove the post without breaking it.

You might also consider some 42DD shifter bushes. The won't shorten the throw but they will make it feel less rubbery

Hi guys.

Does anybody knows if there is a short shifter that fits a Skoda Octavia 1.9 TDI, Bxe engine and JCR gearbox code ?

Thanks in advance.

Right then, I've just found in my garage  a short shifter with part number 8NO 711 046 (no suffix)

What's that fit then!

google it (its 8Nzero not 8Noh)-

This might help

I think you'll find it's for the FWD TT with the 5 speed 020 gearbox.

If it looks like the photo in post 17 of this thread then compare it with my photo (disregard the position of the counterweight which has been rotated 180 degrees)  then there's a distinct possibility it will fit blackspavens gearbox.

If you guys could tic-tac & try it out I'd love to hear how it goes.

picked mine up today just need a nice couple of hours to fit and I might also fit my neuspeed pro flo as the air filter box has to come off :peek:

handy vid

• Like 1

Fitted mine today.. U definitely don't need long.. It was easy and I have no mechanical skills.. 45 min hardest part was getting the air box off tricky..

Edited by Smoloney87

google it (its 8Nzero not 8Noh)-

This might help

I think you'll find it's for the FWD TT with the 5 speed 020 gearbox.

If it looks like the photo in post 17 of this thread then compare it with my photo (disregard the position of the counterweight which has been rotated 180 degrees)  then there's a distinct possibility it will fit blackspavens gearbox.

If you guys could tic-tac & try it out I'd love to hear how it goes.

Nice thought, but trying to work out if Wayne owns a 1.8 as well as a vrs...

Profile says "Race Blue FL vRS was Black 1.8T 4x4 Estate". Simples!

I can understand your confusion though, I got the 8N0 711 046 when I had the 1.8T but never fitted it.

If it won't fit mine ,,,,, anybody want it?

Yeah, that's what I thought, hence the 'if' and 'as well' in the sentence. ;)

What are you looking for it, I might take a punt?

Edited by blackspaven