Still Waiting!

Ordered the Octavia II in September 2010. Been given several build dates, all changed to later dates, latest date is week 32 2011. Only reason ever given is something to do with the manifold.......Anybody else still having problems? And more to the point..will we ever get our car!!!!! - Tips please :o)

Something has surely gone terribly wrong there then. Have you contacted Skoda UK directly? And who's the supplying dealer?

It's the Scout if that makes any differene? We knew there was a huge waiting list, but this is getting beyond the ridiculous! Dealer is Mitchell Skoda, Ellesmere Port.

The thing I'd be wondering is there's been dozens of new Scouts delivered that I know about via members here, since you've ordered. I'd be getting onto Skoda Customer Services with any build/order info you have, to see if they can investigate further.

The thing I'd be wondering is there's been dozens of new Scouts delivered that I know about via members here, since you've ordered. I'd be getting onto Skoda Customer Services with any build/order info you have, to see if they can investigate further.

Cheers! Gonna give them a ring tomorrow. Getting beyond the joke now!

Rang them today. Couldn't apologise enough but got the same story as the dealership, waiting on parts, can't produce enough parts etc etc. I get the feeling that If we have ordered a higher spec we might of had it by now as they are obviously losing severe amounts of money on the no VAT deal now!!

Rang them today. Couldn't apologise enough but got the same story as the dealership, waiting on parts, can't produce enough parts etc etc. I get the feeling that If we have ordered a higher spec we might of had it by now as they are obviously losing severe amounts of money on the no VAT deal now!!

Honestly you have my sympathy, I really don't know what ordering or parts system they have but it obviously doesn't work fairly. I knew of people who ordered after me and got their car before me, and I thought almost 8 months was a long time to wait. I'm not sure what I'd do in your situation (except I'd def not cancel), maybe bypass Customer Services and hunt out someone senior at Skoda UK, go to head office in the Czech Republic, or perhaps try someone at VAG head office in Germany. What is there to lose by going as high as you can, you don't have to get angry, just a pointed e-mail directed atb one or two people .... if nothing else it might make you feel better.

Honestly you have my sympathy, I really don't know what ordering or parts system they have but it obviously doesn't work fairly. I knew of people who ordered after me and got their car before me, and I thought almost 8 months was a long time to wait. I'm not sure what I'd do in your situation (except I'd def not cancel), maybe bypass Customer Services and hunt out someone senior at Skoda UK, go to head office in the Czech Republic, or perhaps try someone at VAG head office in Germany. What is there to lose by going as high as you can, you don't have to get angry, just a pointed e-mail directed atb one or two people .... if nothing else it might make you feel better.

Thanks for the kind advice. No, the ordering system doesn't seem fair at all! The dealership we got the car from have always been fab in the past, I have had 3 cars from them and always been kept "in the loop" so to speak. But this time nobody sems to know what is going on, which is very fustrating!! Going to draft an email up this week to ask a few questions that need answering and hope to get a decent answer at some point! In the mean time we won't be cancelling the order as we know that the end result will be worth it :yes:

Thanks for the kind advice. No, the ordering system doesn't seem fair at all! The dealership we got the car from have always been fab in the past, I have had 3 cars from them and always been kept "in the loop" so to speak. But this time nobody sems to know what is going on, which is very fustrating!! Going to draft an email up this week to ask a few questions that need answering and hope to get a decent answer at some point! In the mean time we won't be cancelling the order as we know that the end result will be worth it :yes:

we waited 8 month for our vrs, very frustrating.like you many people received their cars before us who had ordered well after us, if you want to go to the top. skoda uk managing director [email protected].

Edited by jhe

10 MONTHS!!!

You must have the patience of a saint. I'd have walked away a long time ago.

10 MONTHS!!!

You must have the patience of a saint. I'd have walked away a long time ago.

Patience is wearing a little thin now, but we know that the car at the end of it will be well worth the wait! To be honest the dealership have been really good by providing a hire car (fabia hatch) FOC since day one and have just organised an octavia estate for our hols next week (again FOC). It's just the lack of information and changing build dates that is really bugging me!!

we waited 8 month for our vrs, very frustrating.like you many people received their cars before us who had ordered well after us, if you want to go to the top. skoda uk managing director [email protected].

Cheers for the email address, going to fire a few off this week :yes:

Speaking with my dealer the other day they were saying that recent new car orders of all variations have been given quick build dates and have been delivered well within time, mine for example wasnt expected until late August, I collected it earlier this week, Skoda UK apparently have just placed a huge order for stock vehicles in various specs, colours etc to secure large UK stocks to alleviate the recent supply issues.

Could be wrong, but whilst teh dealer has been good to you with the loan car etc I think you need to be going in and trying to get to the bottom of whats going on, maybe find out what other cars are around, maybe see if one can be diverted to you or something? What demos have they on order etc?

And I thought getting a confirmed build week of 29 for my Scout after ordering mid November was bad....... No logic to the ordering system at all, you have my sympathy.....

And I thought getting a confirmed build week of 29 for my Scout after ordering mid November was bad....... No logic to the ordering system at all, you have my sympathy.....

Ordered the Octavia II in September 2010. Been given several build dates, all changed to later dates, latest date is week 32 2011. Only reason ever given is something to do with the manifold.......Anybody else still having problems? And more to the point..will we ever get our car!!!!! - Tips please :o)

After 7 months of waiting (ordered nov 10 - TDI VRS DGS Est) I kept being advised of a delay. I contacted Skoda and was given all the standard excuses. Anyway they said I could have the £300 comp or a courtesy car while I wait. I chose the later and was told to contact the dealer to arrange this. They resisted at first but eventually gave me one. On the day they authorised it Skoda/dealer gave me a firm build date. Extra to that it arrived two weeks earlier than planned to the dealer. Its amazing how having a vested interest in your order focuses there attention. It arrived in May 11. Worth the wait but that isn't the point...

• 1 month later...

Well after 11 months waiting we finally picked up our Scout today!! And I have to say that it was well worth the wait!!! :D

Great news. Glad to hear you finally have it. That delay must be something of a record!

Sarge.