New car delivered but sent back

bripat

Hi all,

Well my roomster( 1.2 se tsi 105 man) arrived at 1130 am today and I was very excited as this is my first new car, as the driver pulled car into my drive for me (due to me not being able to drive at the moment for health reasons).The :) on my face soon turned to a :( when the driver opened the door for me to see a onyx/silver trim all around the inside of the car and not the onyx/onyx i ordered :( .

I rang the dealer and they asked if they offered me something free would I be happy with onyx/silver this was not what I wanted to hear and I refused his offer, well nearly 4 hrs and three or four phone calls later the driver has taken the car back as they say they can change the silver trim to onyx they just need time to get all the parts and should be ready in two weeks, I am happy for them to change all the trims as he said they all come off easy.

Does anybody know whether changing lower dash trim/door sides etc is that easy to do ?

Bri

Yep, its all easy to change :thumbup:

Well, I would have been happy if I would have had the choice between all black-onyx and onyx-silver. I find the all-black trim a bit sad and a touch of silver more lively. But my roomster model trim had only two options: onyx dashboard-onyx or onyx dashboard and light beige for all the rest (beige checks for seats).

The second option is very elegant, but you cannot afford it with children on board emoticon-0140-rofl.gif

I asked for the Onyx-Silver match ('Pulse') but in Italy only Scout versions can have it. Now I am getting accustomed to the 'paint it black' look, the real problem is that in hot Italian summers the black seats get very very warm...I will fix it with beige seat covers in summertime.

Briefly, I would have kept the silver option - very personal opinion, actually - emoticon-0105-wink.gif

Edited by Lorenzo

Sorry to hear you have had to deal with this problem, not really what you need right now and takes the shine off the new car experience. My dealer is not making my first Skoda purchase an experience I would like to repeat in a hurry but we plod on :wall:

Edited by hertsnminds

Sorry to hear you have had to deal with this problem, not really what you need right now and takes the shine off the new car experience. My dealer is not making my first Skoda purchase an experience I would like to repeat in a hurry but we plod on :wall:

cheers mate hope its not a long wait to change to onyx as with 3 grankids silver is a no no :smirk:

Least yours can be changed, I ordered maxidot and it never came with it... so got the sat nav but not the maxidot to go with it. Also had a host of other issues with my car.

what is your dealer doing about it then ? must say rainworth have great so far.

Hi Bripat. Hope you are making good recovery and hope your new toy will finally be ready today.

what is your dealer doing about it then ?

Have a look in the Fabia section. Adam's "new car" dealer experience makes sad reading.