vRS to Yeti

I've been sorting values of trading in Snowy the vRS at a few dealers against a new Yeti. My car is pretty well specced and has done 2700 odd miles now since I got it in January. The green book the dealers use is slaughtering the vRS at present. It's dropping £ 65O a month.

Mine is now valued at £125OO for a trade on a 19K yeti, next month 65O less yikes !

Anyone need a vRS now ? Might be a rather nice one very soon in white.

I assume the OP got the vRS on the vat free deal? In that case, £12500 isn't too bad. A vat free vRS would of cost £13300 OTR before options.

A £800 effective "hit" (before options) is better than a £4000+ one............ :rofl:

With over a grand of options fitted, what we paid then is good for the next owner as the online build your skoda makes this to be £17200 right now.

There is also a very nice set of winter wheels sat at home with unused snow tyres worth over £500. They don't fit the Yeti either ! Same goes for my roofbars.

Edited by marcusfordus

Extras add little, if anything to the used price of a car. Extras only make the car more desirable over another. My car when I bough it secondhand had loads of extras, but was for sale at the same price as every other superb around at the same age.

Selling so soon after purchase means you are taking the big hit on depreciation that typically happens in the first 18 months after purchase before levelling off. Whilst it maybe losing £650 a month now, in a years time that could be £100'ish.

Are you towing all the time? If not how about keeping the vRS and getting an older large car for the towing? A ten year old car large enough to tow (diesel Octavia?) wouldn't cost more than a grand or two and you could have limited mileage insurance... Looking at the loss you making it might actually make more financial sense to run two cars...

Edited by The PM

Are you towing all the time? If not how about keeping the vRS and getting an older large car for the towing? A ten year old car large enough to tow (diesel Octavia?) wouldn't cost more than a grand or two and you could have limited mileage insurance... Looking at the loss you making it might actually make more financial sense to run two cars...

Aye thats the best thing to do!, grab an old octy or superb/ passat and tax/insure it for 6 months of the year you'll will kick yourself for getting rid of the VRS :thumbup:

Don't forget the dealer needs to make a margin and out of that he has to pay vat, stoking costs, admin costs and commission.

12.5k sounds like a fair price. At that he will have to pit it on for 13995 and then who pays list? So if he sells for 13750 he will be left with less than a grand after vat.

After prep, admin and commission more like £700.

Oh, and the cost new is irrelevant, because yours isn't. Don't forget new you get an automatic 15% off and have access to low rate finance where as on your car they are locking out finance customers as a new one is likely to be cheaper monthly

Ha ha, someone is coming to view my vRS this afternoon, it might go without a trade in :D

Now that would be nice.

would you get a yeti in your garage :rofl:

Sorry your selling so quickly. I hope you get what you can for it.

Keep us posted.

I've just done a blinding deal for the Yeti, far far better than I could have expected. I've lost £868 on the vRS from January this year.

Now I can legally use my car for towing :thumbup:

Do roofbars from a Fabia fit a Yeti with new foot pack ?????? I know my steel wheels and new snow tyres wont :giggle:

Turns out the bars are the same.Bonus !

Listed on ebay for a while before changeover day http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=110722863890

Edited by marcusfordus

Snowy the vRS went North today with the new owner :S

Winter rubber is all thats left. Un-used Pirelli 210's in 185/60/16 on black steel wheels. The perfect size/combo for a vRS even with bigger brakes fitted.

Anyone have £400 to spend as the Yeti needs some bling paying for ?

Great job. Would you elaborate on the deal for us, although understand if you wont.

Pictures please of the yeti and your impressions would be great.

Happy motoring.

Great job. Would you elaborate on the deal for us, although understand if you wont.

Pictures please of the yeti and your impressions would be great.

Happy motoring.

Pictures when it arrives, yes a good deal, no I'm not saying :D

• 4 weeks later...