Smoothed Fabia vRS - Huxley

Huxley vRS

Little update on this.

As my wheels are looking sorry for themselves I thought I'd get a different set of wheels as they IMO look better and will allow me to refurb the standard wheels whilst they are off.

So the wheels arrived today. Will get on and paint them shortly.

30d33c2b.jpg

The plug does look a little strange, it's not VAG is it? You can get VAG upgrades with the newer plugs then get an adaptor that's plug and play. I'm looking into one for mine, but its complicated as I need GPS also ( that's an expensive VAG replacement).

Are they Merc wheels?

• 2 weeks later...

As it was a nice warm day I thought I'd make a start on cleaning my seat bases, they were filthy from when I first got the car but never really bothered with it.

Went Cargo and took a punt on some foam... well I'll let the pictures do the talking.

39492ab3.jpg

Before

2c1cc286.jpg

b1ec8669.jpg

After a quick once over

e58efbc7.jpg

82a79fb4.jpg

Side by side

159d6864.jpg

Couple of these worth

049e09d1.jpg

I will do another once over tomorrow or something, as you can see there are a few concentrated stains that I need to use a soft brush on rather than the soft pad I was using.

• Like 1

It is Luke and yeah Tim eBay special. I shall give it a whirl and see what the reception is like if its pants I'll get a kit car's aerial fitted. (hidden)

The quality seems good, weighty like the OEM one I got. All I have had to do was trim the rubber gasket down with a craft knife as it had some molding marks on it still but looks great now :p

I was wondering what one would look like colour coded... mmm youll have to show me pictures when its done.

My car goes in the body shop bank holiday week :) excited...

Definitely get it colour coded, I will when I get mine.

I'll get pics up when its finished B)

The only thing that puts me off is speed bumps chipping the paint off.

I was thinking the same but it did need painting, if it starts looking scruffy I might CF wrap it.

Shame about the shark fin, is it poor with the booster ?