Cumbrian Run 2011 pictures and videos.

Captain Scarlet

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Big Thanks to Ian for organising this run. Really enjoyed it despite the traditional Cumbrian weather! Here are a few pics to get started.

Linedup.jpg

No prises for spotting the odd one out!

Linedup2.jpg

Weatherandroad.jpg

Clouds closing in on the Kirkstone pass.

Overtake.jpg

Overtake uphill on a bend, no problem for the Monte Carlo!

Roll on 2012!

excellent pictures! really like the 1st one (mainly as thats my car at 1st in shot)

Even with the bad weather it was a cracking day out glad I got up at 5:30 this morning to come. Sorry I left after lunch I was falling asleep at the wheel so thought it best to head home.

Nice to see the old faces (not a wise carck at sharkrider either) and some new ones.

Thanks to Ian for the modifed Cumbria sticker I washed the car when I got home and put it right one looks nice.

I imagine that "overtake" was a little tense up a hill with oncoming traffic :no: :thumbdown:

Bearing in mind the Monte Carlo is no vRS, I'm guessing the oncoming driver probably shat himself :S

It was my pleasure, organising it for you. The people that come along is really what makes it though. Really is great to meet and catch up with such nice people.

Only sad thing for me today was not being able to use my vRS as it's poorly. Had to take the offer of using my Dad's 1.4 TSI octy, although I have to say I thought it did well, and still allowed a fun day out.

Who wants down for next year then?

Yeah, I was most pleased with it. It's microphone is not that great, the car is not that gruff and noisy :rofl:

I continue to be impressed with the TSI, and continue to be unimpressed with the Bridgestone tyres. you can hear them spinning up out of a couple of the 2nd gear turns on the vid. A sporty tyre they are not. On the other hand the Montie went really well, especially when the sun came out and he got some heat into the Dunlops.

I have some other video to sort through and see what I can put together. :thumbup:

I bet you won't her this too often: My 1.2 Skoda was being held up by an S2000 :giggle: though this was understandable as S2000's are rather lairy in the wet :o

cracking weekend (Thanks Ian) the camping was good too! we destroyed alot of camping stuff (gazeebo's, tents ect) and a few pieces of cars, but thats a cumbrian camping meet! I daresay a good time was had by all, nice to see the old faces, and meet the new ones! I'll get some pictures up when I have time ;)

D.

Thanks to all for a great meet. Look forward to seeing you all again.

Here's some pics for those who didn't make it:

Two views of the campsite

post-2715-0-21766200-1313425686_thumb.jpg

post-2715-0-83753400-1313425701_thumb.jpg

Just to prove that the sun did come out, and somebody did drink Coke

post-2715-0-85743700-1313425718_thumb.jpg

And the obligatory campfire shot

post-2715-0-81272800-1313425727_thumb.jpg

Heading for Hartside Top

post-2715-0-76518100-1313425748_thumb.jpg

On Saturday it looked like this

post-2715-0-49391200-1313425760_thumb.jpg

And on Sunday...

post-2715-0-09321000-1313425773_thumb.jpg

Thanks again everybody.

I'm in for next year for sure! :D

I tried a new camera out this time, a micro camera that comes with a head/helmet mounting strap.

Nice video Mike. That setup worked well emoticon-0148-yes.gif

Gutted I couldn't make Sunday's drive. Saturday's run up the Hartside was awesome though.

I bet you won't her this too often: My 1.2 Skoda was being held up by an S2000 :giggle: though this was understandable as S2000's are rather lairy in the wet :o

I was being held up by the same vehicle on Saturday in my humble 110tdi estate in the dry . . . somehow I don't think she was trying as hard as she could have done though! ;)

I've noticed that chrisw880's car is missing in Sunday's photo . . . did his turbo blow? :giggle:

I would say the run up Hartside was even better on the Sunday Rob, no stupid Volvo that time.... :thumbup:

And some good photo's there, only realised towards the end of the day that I didn't take many... :giggle:

Liking the comparision shot Bryan that the Hartside Cafe.

Really enjoyed it defo lived up to expectations :thumbup: can't wait for the next one. The hooligan overtaking on the hill was my mate :rofl: funny thing is I'm sure that's me behind him and I can't remember him doing that. Will be installing the sticker at the weekend when I clean her. Thanks for that captain! Oh and sorry I got everyone lost again but we got there in the end.

Thanks to everyone who organised the meet, was an "interesting" camping experience. I believe the final tally of damaged/destroyed kit from the campers was :-

4 x Tents damaged, of which 2 were binned

2 x Gazebos destroyed

1 x Windscreen cracked

1 x Alloy wheel kerbed

I've got a feeling I've forgotten something, but I'm sure someone else will remember.

Was good to meet up with everyone, both old an new faces, and look forward to meeting you all again.

I was a bit surprised the steak pie came as a kit at the meal, but for the price certainly can't complain.

Thanks to everyone who organised the meet, was an "interesting" camping experience. I believe the final tally of damaged/destroyed kit from the campers was :-

4 x Tents damaged, of which 2 were binned

2 x Gazebos destroyed

1 x Windscreen cracked

1 x Alloy wheel kerbed

I've got a feeling I've forgotten something, but I'm sure someone else will remember.

Was good to meet up with everyone, both old an new faces, and look forward to meeting you all again.

I was a bit surprised the steak pie came as a kit at the meal, but for the price certainly can't complain.

Make that 3 binned tents.

After looking at mine when I got back it was a bit more knackered than I originally thought. Still, for £35 and 9 years worth of use you can't complain.:D

4 x Tents damaged, of which 3 were binned

2 x Gazebos destroyed

1 x Windscreen cracked

1 x Alloy wheel kerbed

2 x auto blow up camp mattress fails, 1 close to explode...

Wouldn't change it for the world though! Thoroughly enjoyed it ;)

Thanks to all for a great meet. Look forward to seeing you all again.

Here's some pics for those who didn't make it:

Two views of the campsite

post-2715-0-21766200-1313425686_thumb.jpg

post-2715-0-83753400-1313425701_thumb.jpg

Just to prove that the sun did come out, and somebody did drink Coke

post-2715-0-85743700-1313425718_thumb.jpg

And the obligatory campfire shot

post-2715-0-81272800-1313425727_thumb.jpg

Heading for Hartside Top

post-2715-0-76518100-1313425748_thumb.jpg

On Saturday it looked like this

post-2715-0-49391200-1313425760_thumb.jpg

And on Sunday...

post-2715-0-09321000-1313425773_thumb.jpg

Thanks again everybody.

Campsite location looks great. :thumbup:

update on list of minor things going wrong ...

4 x Tents damaged, of which 3 were binned

2 x Gazebos destroyed

1 x Windscreen cracked

1 x Alloy wheel kerbed

2 x auto blow up camp mattress fails, 1 close to explode...

1 x Sting by wasp to the neck!