Briskoda 2012 Calendar Submission Thread

BriskodaCalendar

Let the fun begin

Please use this thread to submit your pictures for appeance in the Briskoda 2012 Calendar

Given the site traffic and model popularity The aim is to create a calndar that covers most potential requierments and to split the 12 pages as follows

Fabia x 4 months/pages (2 each for mk1 & mk 2)

Octavia x 4 months/pages (2 each for mk1 & mk 2)

Yeti x 1 month

Superb x 1 month

Roomster x 1 month

Classics (Estelle/Favorit/Felly/Fun etc)x 1 month

Although as with everything this is fluid and may change at a later date dependant on entires etc

Pages will be made up of a main image and most likely a film strip of the other highest ranking images.

Something like this:

BriskodaCalendar2.jpg

The submission thread will remain open until the end of September

Through October secret voting (via PM or email) will be held to select the best pictures and thus main pictures for each month

Design, group buy and subsequent production in November

Despatch in December

(Again all of this is a hopeful schedule and may be subject to change!)

"Rules" as follows:

1. High res pics only please! Minimum 1024x768. (no shoddy camera phone pics)

2. You also need to email a copy of the pic to [email protected] (non emailed pictures will not make the final cut)

3. You must own the pictures you submit - or they must be of your own car / a car you have previously owned.

4. One picture per user per potential month (ie Fabia or octavia owners 2 pics)

5. Each person will only be allowed to win ONE month

6. This is a CAR calendar! Pictures need to be work-safe ;)

Normal GB rules apply other than a "yes you can do it" the powers that be have had no input and all decision opinions are mine and mine alone.

Any questions of course ask and i'll do my best to answer.

That's about it

Let see what happens now! :thumbup:

• Replies 226
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Holy Crap a Yeti!

I thought it'd be weeks before we saw one of those in this thread!

Top work though and a great start.

Although disappointed your not going for a clean sweep by including a shot of the Greenline :D

Yes, that's why I posted the Yeti first.

The nice pic of the Greenline is on the home computer, not the work one... :giggle:

What about a nice joint picture, like my avatar?

Which month would you put that in, Yeti or Fabia? :D

So the winners of the photo comp will have to submit pics again and get voted on even though they have already won once for a calendar entry?

So the winners of the photo comp will have to submit pics again and get voted on even though they have already won once for a calendar entry?

In short - yes.

Due to "techical and administrative difficulties" those competitions have become unassociated with the calendar (and pretty much ceased entirely)

Think of this as a clean slate and entirely fresh start

I shouldn't worry as one of your entries should still make it into the calendar - shame about the rules change and abandonment of the original thread 2/3 through the year as you're obviously the main loser though. :thumbdown:

In short - yes.

Due to "techical and administrative difficulties" those competitions have become unassociated with the calendar (and pretty much ceased entirely)

Think of this as a clean slate and entirely fresh start

More to the point - who is Mr BriskodaCalendar?

I shouldn't worry as one of your entries should still make it into the calendar - shame about the rules change and abandonment of the original thread 2/3 through the year as you're obviously the main loser though. :thumbdown:

John I agree on both points.

If jrw's pictures won once they could win again!

And yes the change in format is a disappointment but given where my photo competitions went (and still are) and the controversy they ended up causing I think abandonment was bound to happen.

btw where are your entries? you also had some great pictures in my thread ;)

btw where are your entries? you also had some great pictures in my thread ;)

I'm still waiting to find out who this random (insert salutation of choice here - thanks Jonny5ive) BriskodaCalendar is?

I hope everyone isn't going to be as quick to send money off for calendar's as they've been in submitting entry photo's without knowing where it's going to!

aba0638l.jpg

I'm still waiting to find out who this random (insert salutation of choice here - thanks Jonny5ive) BriskodaCalendar is?

***engage 70's cop show voice over mode***

Who's the man who was massively involved in the creation of a calendar?

PASTY!

Who's the man who did the visual in post one?

PASTY!

Who's the man who decided it'd be easier to set up a new user name for this purpose?

PASTY!

Who's the man struggling to make sre the responses come from the right log in?

PASTY!

Who is BriskodaCalendar?

PASTY!

:D