Dashboard Instrument Lighting

robmawer

As it happens, it's on the same fuse as the glovebox

compartment, which off the top of my head is 3 on the fusebox

diagram (a 5A mini blade).

Ian figured this one out, but then, he was the one messing

around with the glovebox light shortly before it broke... ;)

Rob.

Fuse 3 (5a) = stowage compartment light. I suppose that's more logical than it being Fuse 15 - instrument cluster.....rolleyes.gif

Ah, yes, the old "stowage compartment light" trick. it's a wonder that anyone is still falling for it! :D

BTW, just to satisfy my curiosity, does anyone have a clue what the following fuses are really for?

17 - Police

42 - Radin

57 - Radin

Originally posted by KLB in this post

17 - Police

42 - Radin

57 - Radin

Not a clue - tempted to pop some fuses in there and see if I

get any blue lights and sirens... ;)

I didn't say I didn't believe it wouldn't be a fuse, I just said I

couldn't see which one it might be, and all the ones that seemed

logical were fine! :p

Rob.

according to my info fuse 17 is not assigned fuse 42 is for radio,mobile phone,navigation system, and multi function steering wheel fuse 57 doesn't exist (only goes up to 44)

Originally posted by big k in this post

according to my info fuse 57 doesn't exist (only goes up to 44)

big k, I think you need to turn the page over! Fuses 45 - 59 are listed on page 158 of the Owner's Manual. (Getting confused as to whether you are driving a Merc or a vRS, and in Essex or Scotland? ) :cool:

no dennis i was looking in the proper (workshop manual) book and my book only goes upto 44 (i think i've been spotted in holland too)

big k, let me know which dealership you work at and I will give you a miss if I have trouble with fuses 45-57! And why aren't I surprised you've been spotted in Holland? rolleyes.gif

I will be holidaying in Holland from 7 - 20 August and will keep an eye open for you. Any idea what car you might be driving next and where? thinks.gif

Originally posted by DGW in this post

big k, let me know which dealership you work at and I will give you a miss if I have trouble with fuses 45-57! And why aren't I surprised you've been spotted in Holland? rolleyes.gif

I will be holidaying in Holland from 7 - 20 August and will keep an eye open for you. Any idea what car you might be driving next and where? thinks.gif

dennis yes i've had a look in the "owners manual" and it lists fuses 45-57 so i will give you a challenge go out to your car remove fuse box cover and count how many fuses postitions there are.

Any idea what car you might be driving next and where? thinks.gif

could be anything just look for the lump hammer on the parcel shelf :D

Done some time ago, big k! There are 44 marked 'slots' for fuses in the fuse box, not including the spares, but on my 4X4 fuses 1, 6, 8, 17 and 44 are not fitted. (I have a diagram of the fusebox drawn correctly for a RHD car which I am waiting to post for members to copy and put in their manuals). So what's the official explanation for fuses 45 - 59? And what are the additional fuses located in the engine compartment on the battery? (Can't be bothered to go and have a look tonight). thinks.gif

Incidentally, when I checked the fuse box and fuses when I first bought the car, I noticed that the ratings of some of the fuses differed from that specified in the Owner's Manual...

don't know about fuses 45-59 but they do print the same manual for all countries fuses 1,6,8,17,44 are as follows electric seats, central locking, mobile phone, not assigned, seat heaters so all of them apart from the 6 (central locking?) you will not have as for the ratings the probably produce book well before car and find out that fuses are not man enough and it's quicker to change ratings on fuses then printing new manuals. well done q that's a fiver to you.

• 5 years later...