Bolero blank screen

Hi all got in my 2011 Octavia vrs this morning bolero radio works but the screen has gone blank is there a reset I can do or does the car have to go back to dealers ??? Many thanks for your comments in advance

Mine did that a while ago.

I ended up taking the fuse out for 30 secs which seemed to do the trick, no problems since.

The radio fuse is in the fusebox under the bonnet on the right hand side of the engine bay - exact fuse is detailed in the manual.

Hope this helps.

Yes, I'd remove the fuse with the ignition off and key removed. Remove for a few mins then replace and turn ignition on. Bolero should then go through a full startup, checking for discs in the internal changer etc.

This is a full reset on the unit. I don't know of any other way on the Bolero of doing a proper reset.

It's Fuse 19, in the engine fuse compartment. Will be a 15A fuse.

Best of luck emoticon-0148-yes.gif

I don't think you can, after looking into it. Seems fuse pull is the only way. Unlike the Columbus, there isn't a combined button press you can undertake.

Only reference is to the 'reset' button within settings, which just seems to do clearance of custom settings (bass, treble, fade etc). And even then it's not much use if you can't see the screen :D

Cheers folks your a great bunch booked car in to main dealers and guess what .............. Screen has now reappeared so will see what happens in morning that's when it went blank last time fingers crossed ?? Failing that I'll try fuse thanks once again

• 6 years later...

Just had the Bolero on my 12 plate L&K 'hang'. Mute symbol on, couldn't make it go off, wouldn't scan, wouldn't see media.

Pulled fuse F8 (in engine compartment), waited 30 seconds, put it back in. Radio rebooted, everything came back!!! (just got to find all the old stations I had set!)

• 1 month later...

I think it's a bolero i have in my 2011 octavia VRS, the one with 6 disc changer built in...

For some reason it "drifts" off radio channels, i constantly need to retune to get a good signal and clear interference - really weird.

Any one else had this?

Drifting is a problem with mine, but I suspect I've got a rust issue on the antenna mount as reception is poor/difficult most of the time.

My screen has become totally unresponsive as of today. Stuck playing the one CD and resorting to scanning radio channels using the right dial - which you push to scan.

Will try removing the fuse and see if it can restore itself to normal, otherwise....

I started experiencing most of the problems mentioned with my Bolero over the last 6 months. They would clear after the fuse reset but then creep back again. Ended up replacing with an Android unit and now very happy 

• 3 months later...

My superb 2011 having delphi bolero radio!! My cars front cig lighter was not working so we removed it but by mistake the fornt panel of radio is took off !!! Then we did the lighter job then refitted the radio but there is no backlight in display and also buttons !!! 

Pls suggest what to do??

there is no any damages in the radio all checked well!!!

is there any procedures to get the backlights !!! Now radio is fine i can listen songs , fm , also touch screen and display are working instead of  backlight